Huntingdon versus Camden

turbo

That really is a good post, and I was not aware of the coaching changes at HHS.

Also, did Kegan Ball really make that much of a difference on the D-Line? I'm not from Hdon so I really couldn't say myself...

825699267[/snapback]

Rcombs... Read my earlier post..His position was filled the day he left.. :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rcombs...  Read my earlier post..His position was filled the day he left.. :unsure:

825699275[/snapback]

Rcombs,

I doubt Ball made a big difference at H-town even though he could make an impact at McKenzie. I surely wouldn't base a game's outcome on that change. Actually, that may simplify H-town's choices on offense. Which isn't a good thing for Camden. Coaching changes may well be for the good too! Camden should be in good shape this season and I wish ya'll the best but, Huntingdon will walk on the field loaded again. Be ready or else!

We have to play 'em too and I know this. Everybody else had better or it could get ugly.

All the best to the Lions this year!!!!

I usually don't miss predictions on here so i'll give you your winner in this game. Camden will win by two td's. Huntingdon has lost Ball and I don't think they'll be very cohesive on either side of the ball. Offensively, who knows what it'll look like. I'm sure they'll still try and do the same stuff but I don't think you'll see the same results even with chris and boo. Def. it'll be about like last year but worse up front. The off. line is a huge question mark that some of you don't recognize. You just automatically assume that you'll have offense but your going to find out just how important they are. Camden returns most of their players and all their coaches which to me gives them a huge edge. By the way, I hear Coach Mansfield is retiring after this year...... any truth to that. I know when I played for him at camden he was in his thirties so he's got to be almost 60.

825699180[/snapback]

Turbo... Who told you Coach Mansfield was retiring. Why would anyone want to tell that they are retiring a year in advance. I would think I know as much if not more than most about Mike retiring and he hasn't told anyone that that I know of. Who is your source? I'm not being snooty but I don't think he has told anyone about that. He may very well hang up his whistle but he hasn't said so to anyone. If he had, do you think Swensen would have left this year?

Ball left for greener pastures but his position was filled the day he left. As for being "cohesive"... Two years ago Westview came to Huntingdon with a sophomore loaded team. We beat them on the scoreboard but they made us pay for every inch we got. Know what... Those guys are now a senior laden team and if we get beat it won't be because we're not "cohesive". It will be because they block and tackle better than us which usually translates into a win... Same for Camden and anyone else that may beat the Mustangs this year.... thumb

Rcombs,

I doubt Ball made a big difference at H-town even though he could make an impact at McKenzie. I surely wouldn't base a game's outcome on that change. Actually, that may simplify H-town's choices on offense. Which isn't a good thing for Camden. Coaching changes may well be for the good too! Camden should be in good shape this season and I wish ya'll the best but, Huntingdon will walk on the field loaded again. Be ready or else!

We have to play 'em too and I know this. Everybody else had better or it could get ugly.

All the best to the Lions this year!!!!

825699359[/snapback]

I'D Disagree with you on both ball and the coaching changes. Ball leaving left a serious gap in the depth dept, and as for coaching changes being good, well, i'll let the past speak for itself. I feel like they were a veteran staff who has gotten less veteran not to mention losing their offensive coordinator and o-line coach. Thats gonna hurt and I don't care who else does it and who's in the backfield. I'm sure they got quality replacements but what about their experience levels? If the change is better they'd better bump up to 5A thumb

Turbo...  Who told you Coach Mansfield was retiring.  Why would anyone want to tell that they are retiring a year in advance.  I would think I know as much if not more than most about Mike retiring and he hasn't told anyone that that I know of.  Who is your source? I'm not being snooty but I don't think he has told anyone about that. He may very well hang up his whistle but he hasn't said so to anyone. If he had, do you think Swensen would have left this year?

Ball left for greener pastures but his position was filled the day he left.  As for being "cohesive"...  Two years ago Westview came to Huntingdon with a sophomore loaded team.  We beat them on the scoreboard but they made us pay for every inch we got.  Know what...  Those guys are now a senior laden team and if we get beat it won't be because we're not "cohesive".  It will be because they block and tackle better than us which usually translates into a win...  Same for Camden and anyone else that may beat the Mustangs this year.... thumb

825699389[/snapback]

I can't reveal the source but I consider him very trustworthy. I personally think he'll ride out donald then retire. Balls position couldn't have been filled the day he left. If it was they have to be pretty inexperienced. I'll stick with my earlier prediction and also say Camden will beat Martin and roll into htown 1-0 with a games experience on their belt and high as a kite.

I usually don't miss predictions on here so i'll give you your winner in this game. Camden will win by two td's. Huntingdon has lost Ball and I don't think they'll be very cohesive on either side of the ball. Offensively, who knows what it'll look like. I'm sure they'll still try and do the same stuff but I don't think you'll see the same results even with chris and boo. Def. it'll be about like last year but worse up front. The off. line is a huge question mark that some of you don't recognize. You just automatically assume that you'll have offense but your going to find out just how important they are. Camden returns most of their players and all their coaches which to me gives them a huge edge. By the way, I hear Coach Mansfield is retiring after this year...... any truth to that. I know when I played for him at camden he was in his thirties so he's got to be almost 60.

825699180[/snapback]

Camden by 2 TDS. Im laughing very hard right now. :unsure::(:D:D:D

Camden won't beat Huntingdon. Huntingdon has a fine coaching staff. I don't know who the new coach(es) are. Coach Miller and Coach Wallace will have the O-Line and D-Line prepared. I mean, the idea of Camden comming to Paul Ward Stadium and heading Huntingdon their rear-ends....It won't happen. If Camden wins. It'll be by a TD or a field goal.

Huntingdon - 27

Camden - 14

Edited by westTN2004

I can't reveal the source but I consider him very trustworthy. I personally think he'll ride out donald then retire. Balls position couldn't have been filled the day he left. If it was they have to be pretty inexperienced. I'll stick with my earlier prediction and also say Camden will beat Martin and roll into htown 1-0 with a games experience on their belt and high as a kite.

825699469[/snapback]

Wish i had some of what turbo has been smokin ;) as far as the belief that mansfield is waiting out donald to retire, this is rediculous. huntingdon has a very full stable of very good running back just waiting. most would probable start on any other team. stick around and watch for the next 3 years for sure. its gonna be fun.

825699469[/snapback]

Turbo... I've talked to Mike and he he hasn't said a word about retiring. I don't know who your source is but you better get another source. Why would he want to announce his retirement? Maybe so all the teams in our region can give him a farewell tour! Do you think Swensen would have left if Mike had told him he would be retiring this year?

As far as Ball quiting, believe me his spot was filled the moment he left. If Donald or Crocker left the team do you think Huntingdon would play with 10 players?

Don't even think that Camden is going against Martin and defeat them. They are a senior laden team and they are hard to beat. I hope the coaches and players from Camden don't think like the posters from Camden on here and not even think about Westview cause they will get crushed if all they can think about is beating the Mustangs.

As far as your comment about coaches leaving... If Phil Fulmer brought his entire UT staff to Middleton do you think they could make them a winner? You've got to have the horses. I think the Coach at Gleason could take this bunch and go 6-4. You can be Vince Lombardi and not have talent and then you become a "not so good coach"... ;)

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Actually they'll be 0-2 because Westview will beat them as well in week zero thumb

825699771[/snapback]

actually thats what i meant, they would be 0-1 going into the huntingdon game. and i agree, they will be 0-2 after huntingdon. they better not be taking martin lightly, i can promise you huntingdon aint. we remember last year.