Huntingdon versus Camden

turbo

i see this time and time again.. everyone always has the same key points that each team has to do to have a good year (fill key positions.. how well the underclassmen will mature.. injuries.. and etc etc) but the biggest factors that most people forget is leadership and big playmakers.. two very important things in my book.. many of you remember the 2002 and 2003 huntingdon teams.. both had extremely good talent but lacked leadership, no one really wanted to step up and be the bellwether for how everyone else was playing the game.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are some playmakers on both teams by the way?  Who are the men working in the trenches on Huntingdon's team?

825698533[/snapback]

For Camden, I'm gonna go with Jesse Leonard, Chad Horton, and Josh Boyd on offense. All of these guys are seniors, all of these guys have been starting for going on three years, and Josh started as a freshman. On defense, BRYCE WILBANKS. If you haven't heard of him yet, trust me, you will. This guy will split your wig, and he is a pick-me-up for the whole team.

I cannot say for Huntingdon, but I know they will have someone step up, they always do. And you gotta respect the Mustang program for that.

Good post...  We play hard and have been fortunate over the years to have had good athletes and good coaches.  Good luck this year..

825698473[/snapback]

Lions4ever and Mr. Mustang,

Good posts by both of ya'll and to the heart of area AA football. Gosh, I didn't even realize Camden had a "Mckenzie Monkey". I can remember a time.........

Anyway, both towns have reason to be proud of their football teams in recent years. The one thing I've seen from my side of the creek is that Huntingdon "reloads" and the rest of us "rebuild"! That's what tradition does for you!! Our "Monkey" will always be Huntingdon (and that isn't to be taken in a bad way either!) Ya'll don't think the Mustangs know that? They are everybody around here's "Monkey"!!!!!

With all that mess said, Camden and Huntingdon should be one of the three biggest games in AA ball in NW Tennessee this season. And it ain't even a region game! The other two are region games and if ya'll think about it you'll know who they are. Then the picture will be clear who will go from West TN to try and bring the Gold Ball back home!!! Unless it's one of them Memphis teams (couldn't resist throwin' that in for incentive!).

Edited by duckman38201

Lions4ever and Mr. Mustang,

Good posts by both of ya'll and to the heart of area AA football. Gosh, I didn't even realize Camden had a "Mckenzie Monkey". I can remember a time.........

Anyway, both towns have reason to be proud of their football teams in recent years. The one thing I've seen from my side of the creek is that Huntingdon "reloads" and the rest of us "rebuild"! That's what tradition does for you!! Our "Monkey" will always be Huntingdon (and that isn't to be taken in a bad way either!) Ya'll don't think the Mustangs know that? They are everybody around here's "Monkey"!!!!!

With all that mess said, Camden and Huntingdon should be one of the three biggest games in AA ball in NW Tennessee this season. And it ain't even a region game! The other two are region games and if ya'll think about it you'll know who they are. Then the picture will be clear who will go from West TN to try and bring the Gold Ball back home!!! Unless it's one of them Memphis teams (couldn't resist throwin' that in for incentive!).

825698807[/snapback]

I'd like to see all the USJ vs. Region opponents......

As for Huntingdon and Camden, I'll say this- Camden will win IF they can shut down the big plays. Sorry Lions, I love you guys and all, but if Boo and Donald get 80 yard TD's on third and a mile (this is exactly what happened last year) you are going to get beat. Huntingdon's gonna have to control the trenches with their d-line to win. Both of these points will be tough for both teams, but I think that whoever is most successful in these points will win the game. Although, I think this year's game will be decided by less than 10 points.

We will have more than just Josh this year...we will have brother Byron as well who is as much a receiving threat as he is a running threat...and you are right we will miss Markham's arm and his poise no doubt...but I think the replacement (Horton) will bring alot of athleticism to the qb spot...he will be a rushing threat also....As far as Westview goes we are looking for a very tough game from them...but just remember who it is that'll be playing the tough schedule week in week out without any time to rest before playoff time comes....not us :( ...who is it that you think we'll have trouble with in the 2nd and 3rd round??...just curious who you think it is that will give us problems.

825697397[/snapback]

O.K.

I predict Camden will go 8-2. You will sweep your region but your 2 losses will be against 7-2A teams. Come playoff time yall should play east against 5-2A and 7-2A will play the Memphis teams in the first couple of rounds.

If you survive against the likes of DCA and Goodpasture it wont get any easier when you meet a 7-2A opponent in the third or fourth round.

Your the cream of the crop in 6-2A but would probably place third or fourth in 7-2A. Just my 2 cents worth. Coach Ward has definitely turned the Lions around but they still have a way to go. GOOD LUCK Lions

GO STANGS!! thumb

Edited by truth225

O.K.

I predict Camden will go 8-2.  You will sweep your region but your 2 losses will be against 7-2A teams.  Come playoff time yall should play east against 5-2A and 7-2A will play the Memphis teams in the first couple of rounds.

If you survive against the likes of DCA and Goodpasture it wont get any easier when you meet a 7-2A opponent in the third or fourth round.

Your the cream of the crop in 6-2A but would probably place third or fourth in 7-2A.  Just my 2 cents worth. Coach Ward has definitely turned the Lions around but they still have a way to go. GOOD LUCK Lions

GO STANGS!! thumb

825699140[/snapback]

I usually don't miss predictions on here so i'll give you your winner in this game. Camden will win by two td's. Huntingdon has lost Ball and I don't think they'll be very cohesive on either side of the ball. Offensively, who knows what it'll look like. I'm sure they'll still try and do the same stuff but I don't think you'll see the same results even with chris and boo. Def. it'll be about like last year but worse up front. The off. line is a huge question mark that some of you don't recognize. You just automatically assume that you'll have offense but your going to find out just how important they are. Camden returns most of their players and all their coaches which to me gives them a huge edge. By the way, I hear Coach Mansfield is retiring after this year...... any truth to that. I know when I played for him at camden he was in his thirties so he's got to be almost 60.

I usually don't miss predictions on here so i'll give you your winner in this game. Camden will win by two td's. Huntingdon has lost Ball and I don't think they'll be very cohesive on either side of the ball. Offensively, who knows what it'll look like. I'm sure they'll still try and do the same stuff but I don't think you'll see the same results even with chris and boo. Def. it'll be about like last year but worse up front. The off. line is a huge question mark that some of you don't recognize. You just automatically assume that you'll have offense but your going to find out just how important they are. Camden returns most of their players and all their coaches which to me gives them a huge edge. By the way, I hear Coach Mansfield is retiring after this year...... any truth to that. I know when I played for him at camden he was in his thirties so he's got to be almost 60.

825699180[/snapback]

Turbo..

Ball's position was filled the day he left...... thumb

825699180[/snapback]

That really is a good post, and I was not aware of the coaching changes at HHS.

Also, did Kegan Ball really make that much of a difference on the D-Line? I'm not from Hdon so I really couldn't say myself...

Edited by rcombs

That really is a good post, and I was not aware of the coaching changes at HHS.

Also, did Kegan Ball really make that much of a difference on the D-Line? I'm not from Hdon so I really couldn't say myself...

825699267[/snapback]

O.K. All this hooplah about Ball is almost getting comical. He was an average player with alot of hustle. Huntingdons team is full of those. I think the line in Htown might surprise everyone this year. If losing k. Ball is huntingdons biggest problem, then everything will be O.K.

Question here.... Why are the folks from Camden talking about the Huntingdon game and I've seen very little about the Westview game. Are you chalking that up as a win or loss? I'd be thinking about Westview before Huntingdon because you may come into the Huntingdon game 0-1... I just can't believe ya'll want to beat Huntingdon so bad. If you get beat by the Mustangs this year will that put a damper on a good season? If you beat by Huntingdon and go 6-4 will you be satisfied? You'll have to win on a consistent basis to get the "monkey off your back" as you say. One win for one year doesn't mean doodly. You know and I know that if Huntingdon played Middleton every year odds say the Mustangs will lose sometime. (Maybe not Middleton but Adamsville)..... :(

I guarantee that Coach Mansfield has his players just as prepared for Gibson County as he does Milan or Camden or McKenzie or whatever team they play next.