Baseball and Softball axed

In one I think we can all agree on as being stupid, the IOC announced today that baseball and softball were being cut from the Olympics in 2012.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161893,00.html

825698745[/snapback]

This is so stupid! Baseball is America's Past Time and Softball is a sport that I believe is really growing on Americans! I know I have watched more Softball over the past year than I have in my life!

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.......Alot of people go to the Olympics just to watch these two sports.........Now they cut it what they gonna replace it with Horseshoes and Lacrosse?

825698861[/snapback]

yeah that was a really dumb move...they have nothing to replace it with

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.......Alot of people go to the Olympics just to watch these two sports.........Now they cut it what they gonna replace it with Horseshoes and Lacrosse?

825698861[/snapback]

Nope, croquet and tic-tac-toe.

It's stupid to me as well. Where is the 2012 olympics. Isn't it London or somewhere around there? I am a hockey fan, and I would have thought hockey would have been cut before baseball. But of course they would cut something America dominates in.

This is so stupid! Baseball is America's Past Time and Softball is a sport that I believe is really growing on Americans! I know I have watched more Softball over the past year than I have in my life!

825698749[/snapback]

To be fair, the Olympics aren't about the USA. And baseball is really only played in North America, Central America, and small parts of Asia.

Besides, the upcoming World Cup of Baseball or whatever the heck they call it will be five times as good as Olympic baseball ever could be.

To be fair, the Olympics aren't about the USA.  And baseball is really only played in North America, Central America, and small parts of Asia.

Besides, the upcoming World Cup of Baseball or whatever the heck they call it will be five times as good as Olympic baseball ever could be.

825700466[/snapback]

I hope you are right. I hope a lot of the big names play.

Still, most of the world outside of Europe could care less about equestrian events, beach volleyball is a sport mainly for the US and Aussies, etc. Still don't agree with the move.

I hope you are right.  I hope a lot of the big names play.

Still, most of the world outside of Europe could care less about equestrian events, beach volleyball is a sport mainly for the US and Aussies, etc.  Still don't agree with the move.

825701106[/snapback]

Beach Volleyball is big in South America (like Brazil, etc.) and anywhere that men live.

Europe has a disproportionate voting power in the IOC since they have more countries than we have states, per square mile.

825698861[/snapback]

For once Bledsoe I agree with you.