No Sports for Jackson-Madison County Schools?

cofo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beethoven: There are a couple of problems with your conspiracy theory. First, where are all these kids that the private school supreme overlords are kicking out of their public institutions going to go? TCA obviously has no room since they're in the process of building new facilities. JCS is busting at the seams, and USJ is about full. What's your counter to that?

Edited by KublahKD

Beethoven:  There are a couple of problems with your conspiracy theory.  First, where are all these kids that the private school supreme overlords are kicking out of their public institutions going to go?  TCA obviously has no room since they're in the process of building new facilities.  JCS is  busting at the seams, and USJ is about full.  What's your counter to that?

825703847[/snapback]

Conspiracy? I just don't like privates, in general. I believe the Rupblican party and there Conservative core are anti-public education....Demand and the promise of more tuition, plus the racial problems of Jackson in general will fuel an expansion..Its obviously already happenning...Jeeze, have you seen USJ's campus? They got room to throw up another building or three...

Better watch it or this thread will end up on the public/private board...and I ain't posting there.

I'm no legal maven, but if the TSSAA says a non-faculty can be a HC with 5 years exp...then what legal reason is there to deny a school employee the right to coach a team...without pay? Does that mean there is a "legal" reason to deny faculty volunteers? Sounds like more malarky to stir up the passions of the populace to get more tax money....or some rule invented to insure the death of madison athletics, and the explosive growth of the privates...de facto segregation anyone?

825703048[/snapback]

Get real....our middle schools have VERY few volunteer coaches..heck....we can't even get parents (that we need to see) to parent-teacher conferences. All we see (as clasrroom teachers and coaches) are the straight A student's parents.

Get real....our middle schools have VERY few volunteer coaches..heck....we can't even get parents (that we need to see) to parent-teacher conferences. All we see (as clasrroom teachers and coaches) are the straight A student's parents.

825703947[/snapback]

I'm aware of that as a problem in Jackson, that problem isn't as prevelant in other places..

how could anybody overlook 2 million dollars?

unless it was under the desk.

825704030[/snapback]

This all sounds like a load of BS to me.

I also can't believe the Orwellian "1984" light some people are trying to shed on this. Political gains? Probably. Under the table monetary 'campaign donations' ? Maybe. Conspiracy? Highly unlikely.

What this comes down to is a bunch of old men flapping their gums while the young men fight the battle.

One would think that if a politician even hinted at the elimination of things like sports and extracurricular activities, their jobs would ALREADY be in jeopardy. Because when you have to make cuts, a good person makes their own sacrifices first and then looks to others help make up the slack. And these cuts should NEVER make it all the way down to the kids. Kids already got too much to worry about, and I think they are under enough pressure from parents, coaches, friends, etc.

I wonder what these politicians would say if their salary had to be 'cut', and they were asked to do their jobs for 'free'. Then on top of that, tell these politicians if they don't make these sacrifices, they'd be 'letting the kids down' when in reality it's the powers-that-be that are messing with our kids.

JMC, take your stand, get new officials in there next election. The ones you have are willing to use YOUR kids for their OWN political gain. They're not tring to help you. They are talking about cutting YOUR school programs to make up for their own shortfalls in government.

I'm not sure the Commissioners are wrong! If the School System managed to find a surplus $2 million that was left over from the last school year that means they were asking for $4 million more than they really need in next year's Budget. The egg is on the School Systems. I thank my County Commissioners for holding their feet to the fire and making them tell the truth. Either there was a huge accounting mistake by the School System or the School System was being less than truthful with the Commission. Either one is not good for the crediblity of the School System.

I'm glad there will be athletics, fine Arts etc. in JMC Schools next year.