Knox Central's Coach OUSTED?

splainshornet

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard recently that the Bobcats Baseball coach has been relieved of his duties as baseball coach if so who will be the replacement at KC?

825700117[/snapback]

I'm not familiar with the inner workings of Central's baseball program, but it looked like the Bobcats were getting it turned around.

I'm not familiar with the inner workings of Central's baseball program, but it looked like the Bobcats were getting it turned around.

825700761[/snapback]

I understand that Coach Gaines resigned and it has nothing to do with anyone wanting him out. I don't know of any names that have come up but wonder if Coach Danny Sharp would be interested? He helped Gaines last season at Central.

That makes three jobs open in District 3 now: Powell, Central and Clinton. Then the new high school in Harden Valley will need a baseball coach.

Anyone heard any news??

So HiwasseeVol, are you putting your hat in the ring?

I know a certain local umpire who'd love to work games with you in the dugout. :D

825701221[/snapback]

Bizazz,

Funny today aren't ya! Naw, I'm still holding out for a place on Ray-Bans staff. :ph34r: Should be plenty of extra money soon with a new contract. I wonder if the new high school will be in District 3? District 4 has too many schools already. I do think it strange that so many jobs are open right now, but with todays parents wanting their way all the time, coaching jobs may soon be hard to fill with quality coaches.

I've been meaning to ask you if you like to paint??? :)

:(

I understand that Coach Gaines resigned and it has nothing to do with anyone wanting him out. I don't know of any names that have come up but wonder if Coach Danny Sharp would be interested? He helped Gaines last season at Central.

That makes three jobs open in District 3 now: Powell, Central and Clinton. Then the new high school in Harden Valley will need a baseball coach.

Anyone heard any news??

825701065[/snapback]

why would anyone hire danny sharp after the success he had at his old high school Karns. Does anyone know who Caleb Moore is? He was relegated to bookkeeping pretty much at Karns and has had a good career in college.

From what I hear it was a family thing with Gaines. I know things were not great in the community, but it was his decision.

why would anyone hire danny sharp after the success he had at his old high school Karns.  Does anyone know who Caleb Moore is?  He was relegated to bookkeeping pretty much at Karns and has had a good career in college. 

From what I hear it was a family thing with Gaines.  I know things were not great in the community, but it was his decision.

825702041[/snapback]

allamerican,

Coach Sharp had an excellent record at Karns. The team was always in the hunt for District championships and Regional appearances I don't know his exact record, but the team was always competitive.

Caleb Moore is a fine player and did well at Catholic before heading to ETSU and now MLB. I don't know who played in front of him while at Karns, but hopefully the coach had the best 9 on the field at that time.

Anyone heard any news??

825701065[/snapback]

I'd be surprised if Coach Taylor's son, who has been at Cocke County for the last couple of years, isn't named to follow his Dad at Clinton.

• 2 weeks later...
allamerican,

Coach Sharp had an excellent record at Karns. The team was always in the hunt for District championships and Regional appearances I don't know his exact record, but the team was always competitive.

Caleb Moore is a fine player and did well at Catholic before heading to ETSU and now MLB. I don't know who played in front of him while at Karns, but hopefully the coach had the best 9 on the field at that time.

825702394[/snapback]

I've heard a lot of negatives about Coach Sharp, although I have to admit they're mostly from disgruntled parents and players. And, there was reportedly an incident about him encouraging Karns fans to heckle an umpire, after the umpire had warned the fans to lay off...I dunno. I do know that all the Karns people I've talked to in the last year or so are very happy with the change there, so far.

One parent I've known for years told me that after playing for Coach Sharp for four years that his kid is so down on baseball that he won't even play catch with his dad in the backyard. That seems kinda grim.