Region 5 5A Newcomers

Gtowner

Gwave,

I for one am ready for the season. The last I heard, Gleaves had knee surgery, but is back in practice. Who was it that gave us camp updates last year? I will be spending some time there this time and will try to help with some of those updates. The countdown to Green Wave Football 2005 has begun!

Well the last I heard Dontae Hall wasn't going to be the starting qb.  J.T.Ferrill had a very impressive spring and is slated as of now to be the starter.  He reminds me of Chance Johnson with not quite the arm strength but possiblily better speed.  Not sure if he will remain the starter through the fall.  Sadler kind of disappointed me from what I saw.  He should have taken the reins and not looked back but he looked very uncomfortable during the scrimmages.  Hall could be used as a utility man.  He could come in at Qb, reciever, flanker, or runningback.  The possibilities are endless on the offensive side of the ball.  You just need some imagination....  Most importantly though is his play on defense.  He looked very good in the spring.  I think he had 3 or 4 ints over the course of 2 scrimmages and the Green and Gold game. 

All I know of right now is the McCallie camp.  Powell, McCallie, and Sevier Co will be in attendance.  Not sure if any others will participate or not.  They leave this Wed. and come back next Wed. 

Gtowner, do you have any other information on Gleaves?

Baron....yeah what about some ice cream!!  Man you have got to hook us up! thumb

825707874[/snapback]

Edited by wavemachine

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwave,

I for one am ready for the season. The last I heard, Gleaves had knee surgery, but is back in practice. Who was it that gave us camp updates last year?  I will be spending some time there this time and will try to help with some of those updates.  The countdown to Green Wave Football 2005 has begun!

825708073[/snapback]

I got word that Gleaves did have some type of knee surgery today. He has not been cleared to practice yet. Spencer Lauderdale is also out with a shoulder injury. Other than those, I do not know.

That is great news wavemachine. I 'll be anxiously awaiting any updates. HTV was very good at keeping me posted the last 2 years. He is a Powell supporter.