Hampton v/s Cloudland Week 10

#1 Hampton Bulldog Fan

Cloudland was the elite in 'Northeast Tennessee' football in 2001-2002-2003 for Class 1-A, and were probably the best 1-A thru 3-A team in this region those years. Although I graduated from the school, and no offense to the team, I can't call them the elite in East Tennessee. The elite team in East Tennessee is Maryville, obviously.

In the conference, Hampton is the team to beat returning a lot of tough players, including Mr. Football lineman/linebacker favorite Jon 'The Hitman' Potter.

Although, I think Cloudland has the heart and players to give them a run for their money. Cloudland fans need to be careful how much trash they talk to the 'Dogs because Hampton will use that as bullitin board material.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You folks might want to wait until the week of the game before you get out of hand on here. It will be an interesting contest, no doubt, but by week 10 there could very well be key injuries or other problems that could effect the outcome of the game for both teams. This thread is about 13 weeks premature <_<

Yes, i beleive Hampton will beat Cloudland, by how much i dont know, but did it ever occur to you players and fans on here running your mouth about how good youall are going to be (Hampton) that there are other teams out there getting better who will definately bring theyre "A game" after reading your posts. I'm about sick of reading hampton posts and i'm a hampton fan. By running your mouth on here you are giving our school a bad name. Just let your play on the field do the talking.

Good luck Hampton

• 4 weeks later...
Hampton's flab and slab beat Cloudland last night 20-0 in passing league. Not to mention J.C. didn't use his 1st team the entire time. Hampton also beat Sullivan Central 20-0 and used all 3 QB's. I'll give credit to both teams though, they both played hard.

825705618[/snapback]

Im from Sullivan Central and we have scrimmaged both teams.Hampton is a lot stronger than cloudland and they are twice the team cloudland is this year.......i dont really care who wins but the cloudland team is in for it this time.The hampton central scrimmage was a joke we didnt have our running back or 3 starting recievers plus we swapped everybody in and out 2 get playing time.It definately wasnt 20-0.But hampton is a lot better than Cloudland this year. Good Luck to both teams.

Im from Sullivan Central and we have scrimmaged both teams.Hampton is a lot stronger than cloudland and they are twice the team cloudland is this year.......i dont really care who wins but the cloudland team is in for it this time.The hampton central scrimmage was a joke we didnt have our running back or 3 starting recievers plus we swapped everybody in and out 2 get playing time.It definately wasnt 20-0.But hampton is a lot better than Cloudland this year. Good Luck to both teams.

825727879[/snapback]

that post was referring to the hampton-sullivan central passing league game. the scrimmage was something like 2-1.

Being from Central we have scrimmaged both teams.And at the time hampton was better,they have speed,an awesome defense,and an awesome fullback running back combo.If I had to pick I would pick Hampton prolly 9 out of 10 times,thats why they play the game though,who knows how injuries will fall out.The score of the Hampton-Central scrimmage was hamp-2 central-1.Not attempting to make an excuse but central was missing it's best receiver and a couple other key starters,hampton still looked awesome though.Central moved it alot easier against cloudland then they did against hampton besides one series where cloudland was brining 9 or 10 guys everytime and central was running up the middle.Where against Hampton they had to work for every yard.I wish the best of luck to both teams but if everyone stays healthy I think Hampton wins.Possibly Big too

hampton is not talking trash . we just wan't to get by johnson county. they are the ones talking trash! we no that cloudland is tough and we also wanted you to win state. we at hampton backed you all 100# so lets quit talking trash untill the game and lets pray that we both have a good season and no one gets hurt besides we at hampton feel like we got the monkey on our back from all the news papers and with mike joining the team, so who do you want to beat hampton bulldogs or mike lundsford? all i know who every does well in the county i will back, we want the county schools to be proud 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, good luck to all and god bless!

Well once again I feel the need to post on a football thread that Storm is nothing but a mouthpiece who DOES talk terrible trash talk on here every chance he gets. Im soooo sick of it!!! He is an embarrassment. He has nothing whatsoever to do with the Landers besides being another guy who goes to the games. :ph34r:

NO ONE else that I know of from Roan Mountain is trash talking other teams besides him. Most people we know up here have a great respect for Hampton; of course it goes without saying we want to win, the healthy rivalry has always been in place.......but really guys, this game is several weeks away. Both teams have a long way to go before what I imagine will be the most exciting game of the year for both teams!

Edited by Maynardette

Well once again I feel the need to post on a football thread that Storm is nothing but a mouthpiece who DOES talk terrible trash talk on here every chance he gets. Im soooo sick of it!!! He is an embarrassment.  He has nothing whatsoever to do with the Landers besides being another guy who goes to the games. :thumb:

NO ONE else that I know of from Roan Mountain is trash talking other teams besides him.  Most people we know up here have a great respect for Hampton; of course it goes without saying we want to win, the healthy rivalry has always been in place.......but really guys, this game is several weeks away.  Both teams have a long way to go before what I imagine will be the most exciting game of the year for both teams!

825728341[/snapback]

Learn to live with it and learn to love it, because I've lived here all my life, baby. I didn't come from up north. As for Hampton being a lot stronger and a lot better than Cloudland, have you all ever read of a story called David vs. Goliath? It really happened and come week ten, its gonna happen again. We're gonna send that aging coaching staff into the nursing home. Half of them should be there already. :o

yeah these Threads do seem to get pretty stupid from time to time on here. This hampton stuff is really starting to get old though for sure, it kinda reminds me of something.........hmmm.........oh yeah UNAKA last year hahaha atleast they were unbeaten coming up to play us!!!! what has hampton done, oh yeah beat Jellico and Unicoi Co. good job guys, my bros 3rd and 4th grade team could beat Jellico hahaha and Unicoi, well i dont even have to say really. and i watched the Hampton/Johnson County game and i never saw anything to great. So whats with all the talking, i dont get it at all, why not focus on ur other games and try to win them first............sounds smart to me but then again i am not from Hampton so i dont know how u all think!!! I know personally i tell all the Highlander players the same thing when they try to waste time talking about Hampton, who cares, lets win out the rest of the games and work on improving what we need to and then be prepared and ready to play when the Hampton week comes! JUST THINK ABOUT THAT ONE FOR A MINUTE.

Learn to live with it and learn to love it, because I've lived here all my life, baby.  I didn't come from up north.  As for Hampton being a lot stronger and a lot better than Cloudland, have you all ever read of a story called David vs. Goliath?  It really happened and come week ten, its gonna happen again.  We're gonna send that aging coaching staff into the nursing home.  Half of them should be there already.  :thumb:

825738264[/snapback]

Hopefully that stone will ricochet off a tree and knocked the King from his throne. Maybe he will fall on his head and some sense will come about this mixed up man.

It's must be a sad life to only get attention on Coach T. Maynardette, maybe you can show him the straight and narrow. Right now he's going down the wrong path!

:)