Youngest Head Coach in Tennessee

HOTDOG

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Cook is young, probably the youngest in this region. But cook is going to be a great coach at MC. He has helped Dyer for the last 3 years. He is no stranger to the football field. People can say what they will, but Cook will be ok. If everyone (the community, the Super, the board, the parents, and the player) will get behind and support him, and let HIM do the coaching, the Tigers will have a shot to have a pretty good season. Cook also has some help. They have been around along time, and know this program inside and out. So don't count the Tigers out just because they have a young head coach.

GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!!!!

I'M BEHIND YOU ALL (INCLUDING THE NEW YOUNG HEAD COACH)!!!!!!!!

Yes, Cook is young, probably the youngest in this region. But cook is going to be a great coach at MC. He has helped Dyer for the last 3 years. He is no stranger to the football field. People can say what they will, but Cook will be ok. If everyone (the community, the Super, the board, the parents, and the player) will get behind and support him, and let HIM do the coaching, the Tigers will have a shot to have a pretty good season.  Cook also has some help. They have been around along time, and know this program inside and out. So don't count the Tigers out just because they have a young head coach.

GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!!!!

I'M BEHIND YOU ALL (INCLUDING THE NEW YOUNG HEAD COACH)!!!!!!!!

825704080[/snapback]

Being even a full time assistant is not like being a head coach. It usually takes many years to develop. It is difficult for 17-18 year old kids to respect a 22 year old coach.

I wish him the best though. Patience is the word for the administration and the community. Macon has not been a place that is known for patience for their head coaches. Just curious...did any of these "experienced" coaches apply for the head coaching job? If not...why not?

Edited by Antwan

Guest rip25

Alright, smart---, dont' jump on my comment Macon Co. is the one that hired a toddler to be the HC. You can't tell me that out of the whole state or south or country that Macon Co. couldn't find someone with at least more tenure. 22 years old is a senior in college. How long has he been a teacher? Is he a teacher? He might be the next Bill Walsh, but there is a lot that goes into being a HC, and tenure surely helps. I have seen a lot of 22 yr olds. that are better coaches than 55 yr olds with 30 yrs experience, because they are eager and have fresh ideas. Did he play college ball, did he work with a college program, or did he just play high school ball and has hung around for a few years after high school? I mean he is what, 4 yrs removed from high school himself?

Alright, smart---, dont' jump on my comment Macon Co. is the one that hired a toddler to be the HC. You can't tell me that out of the whole state or south or country that Macon Co. couldn't find someone with at least more tenure. 22 years old is a senior in college. How long has he been a teacher? Is he a teacher? He might be the next Bill Walsh, but there is a lot that goes into being a HC, and tenure surely helps. I have seen a lot of 22 yr olds. that are better coaches than 55 yr olds with 30 yrs experience, because they are eager and have fresh ideas. Did he play college ball, did he work with a college program, or did he just play high school ball and has hung around for a few years after high school? I mean he is what, 4 yrs removed from high school himself?

825704086[/snapback]

Ah...lighten up...you have to admit that was not the best question. He has to be a faculty member to be a head coach...so yes...he is a teacher. I don't know his background too well. Maybe someone from Macon can answer that. I do know he has been helping while finishing college...so I assume he didn't play college ball. I do know he is a very fine young man that has been put in a very challlenging position. He may just pull it off.

Time will tell if he is left alone.

Edited by Antwan

I hope he does pull it off. I always like to see a new coach turn a program around and make them good!!

825704091[/snapback]

The program has already been turned around. They lost 2 games and went to the semis the year before last. They were very competitive last year with a very young team. That's not the problem.

RIP, I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE CALLIN A SMART(*&^*&), BUT I'LL SAY THIS, I WASN'T TRYING TO BE A SMART(*&^*&), I WAS JUST SAYING THAT COOK WILL BE FINE. HE MAY NOT WIN A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR A WHILE, BUT IF HE IS LEFT ALONE(LEAVE THE POLITICS OUT OF THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM), HE WILL BE A FINE COACH. WITH A FEW YEARS OF COACHING UNDER HIS BELT, IN A FEW YEARS MC MIGHT JUST WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. THERE IS A LOT OF TALENT IN MACON COUNTY AND IF EVERYONE WILL JUST LEAVE THE COACHES ALONE AND LET THEM COACH EVERYONE WOULD SEE HOW MUCH TALENT IS IN MACON.

AND AS FOR THE (RESPECT) COMMENT, I HAVE A SON PLAYING FOR COOK, AND FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, ALL THE BOYS LIKE AND RESPECT HIM. HE IS CLOSE IN THEIR AGE AND CAN RELATE TO THEM, AND THEY LIKE THAT. ALTHOUGHT HE IS TOUGH ON THEM TOO. BUT DON'T ALL FOOTBALL PLAYERS NEED THAT. I THOUGHT TOUGH WAS THE NAME OF THE GAME IN FOOTBALL.

AND AS FOR THE HELP THAT COOK HAS, SHRUM WAS A COACH AT ONE TIME IN LAFAYETTE, AND I GUESS HE KNOWS FIRST HAND WHAT KIND OF CRAP GOES ON IN THE POLITICS OF THIS COUNTY, SO HE DON'T WANT TO BE THE HEAD COACH. I CAN'T SAY THAT I BLAME HIM.