What's the news with DeKalb? No coach?

JigsawXi

Ceasar, you sure are high on yourself. Where did you get all your success and experience

825704206[/snapback]

Steve Trapp has pretty much already gotten the job if they can get him a job as a teacher, Steve Trapp was a heck of a football player back in his days, he knows every little detail about the game of football, he was offered scholarships by schools which i dont remember which schools, so i think he might be a pretty good coach in the long run

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my 2 cents probably don't mean much but here goes. I know a little about Smith Co. in that everybody is on the same page there. Eveyone knows what role they play whether it be a coach or a teacher. Everybody has the same goal. Give the kids the best possible education they can get and try to be successful on the sports field. That runs all the way down to the bottom to the top. You get what you pay for. I think it's a shame about the situations in MC and Dekalb. The kids ought to be the main goal. I'm not blaming the coach that left you out to dry but seems to me it could have been prevented if everybody was on the same page. Somebody in charge is not doing their job. Until you fix that problem it looks as if this problem will always be around.

825704276[/snapback]

You've got that right...everyone is on the same page in Smith County...the kids come first...and that's that...

I can't imagine things getting as bad here as they have gotten at some other school systems...

Seems to me that a little authority...or leadership positions translate into power situations...and that's very sad...

Poor DeKalb. Seems as if they can't win for losing, but it does seem to be looking up for them. One story in the local newapapers was about former coach Anthony Fuller showing himself at the school board meeting. I also heard that he addressed the board in "an old, dirty t-shirt, cut-off shorts, and flip-flops." That goes to show that he apparently didn't care about how the board took him.

As for Steve Trapp, I think that he would be an excellent choice for the high school football team. I have watched him coach Jr. Pro Football, and he treated those 10 year olds as if they were 16 or 17. Imagine what he would do with a high school team. I think that this year will be rough for DeKalb Co Football, with or without Steve Trapp. But if they get Trapp, the years to come will be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Trapp, PEE WEE guru! Woopieeeeeeeeeeeee :huh:

Seriously! Coach Trapp can't do any worse than Farley, or any other former coach we've had in the last decade. Whomever they had hired would only win one or two games here this year. At least he will have a staff that he knows and that knows him. The problem is when the football machines roll into town (White House, Pearl Cohn, etc) all that PEE WEE Coaching Experience won't help him one bit!~ He has never seen the types of athletes or experienced the type of training it takes to put something like that together. 8-10 assistant coaches working with two-platoon varsity squads preparing for your every move and three times the talent to execute plays! It will be over in eight minutes if not just after the first series on offense!

Good luck to the Tigers and I wish you well! I will be there at homecoming. I'm going to spend the rest of the year watching games at G-Ville, Cookeville, Baxter, and maybe White County!