15U AAU National Championships

Yes, I'm sure that is all they were considering. :) 

Still, I don't believe in throwing games and/or points around to get yourself into a lesser seed just because you want to avoid someone else.  Usually, the teams that do that don't even reach the round that they would have reached had they just went ahead and played the game the way it was suppose to be played.  Of course, this is just my philosophy and other coaches see it differently.

825705163[/snapback]

I know that many close to the Pride team are very active on this site. It would be great to hear from them on the no show. Could somebody please explain?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Championship Bracket

1st Round

KAYA Lady Stingers defeat Cincy Celtics 87 - 63 to advance to the 2nd Round of the Championship Bracket where they will face the #2 seed from Pool K, DBL/Phoenix.

Predators lose to Premier Hoops 51 - 67 which ends their play at the National Tournament.

Clarksville Net Force lose to Wisconsin Pride 35 - 57 which ends their play at the National Tournament.

Tennessee Liberty lose to Houston Cobras 48 - 51 which ends their play at the National Tournament.

Edited by ptguard12

Championship Bracket

2nd Round

Tennessee Team Pride defeat Blue Angels 77 - 49 to advance to the 3rd Round of the Championship Bracket where they will face the Defending National Champions, Fencor.

Tennessee Flight defeat Potomac Valley Vougues 50 - 41 to advance to the 3rd Round of the Championship Bracket where they will face the Witchita Spooks.

KAYA Lady Stingers lose to DBL/Phoenix 57 - 62 which ends their play at the National Tournament.

If that is what they were trying to do, then shame on the coaching staff for trying to take the easy way out.  However, it looks like karma gave them exactly what they were trying to avoid, a #2 seed from Pool P, which puts them on a collision course with Fencor in the 3rd Round.

825705013[/snapback]

If they have a ligit reason for forfeiting, then they should be allowed to play on. Otherwise they should be out of the Nationals. I would say the tournament director should know.

It looks very bad on Tennessee Girls Basketball when one of our own teams does not show up to play.

825705281[/snapback]

I would think a day of rest would "look" very mild compared to an AAU coach pushing another AAU coach in the chest at the Memphis 11u/15u state tournament or the same AAU coach being involved in a physical altercation with a referee(which finally led to his coaching dismissal) at their very own Showtime Classic.

Something about a kettle and a pot comes to mind.

If the coaches decided last night to forfiet, they must have been thinking about

the advantage of a day of rest, going into bracket play.  :)

825705144[/snapback]

I may have looked at the pool play wrong. It looked to me that they would have been #2 in the pool, no matter if they played or not. :lol:

I may have looked at the pool play wrong. It looked to me that  they would have been #2 in the pool, no matter if they played or not. :)

825705545[/snapback]

If it was a conscious decision to forfeit then ....

I believe they were betting on the GA Lady Eagles(#4) beating the MA Comets(#2) by at least 4 points in their game Sunday morning. That would have given the Lady Eagles a total of 16 points and put them one ahead of the Pride with 15.

Just heard Team Pride was a no show for their game this morning. Can anyone confirm?

Looking at the results from pool play and the bracket it would seem that they didn't want to potentially face Fencor in the third round.

825704901[/snapback]

More about Tenn. Team Pride. Where from? Who are the coaches? etc.