Props

WesVLT

I'd like to commend Alcoa and G.W. Carver for their non-region schedules.

ALCOA

@Hopkinsville, KY

Maryville

@Fulton

@McCallie

G.W. CARVER

@Christian Brothers

@Mitchell

@South Panola, MS

@Briarcrest

Playing one or two of the teams on the squads' schedules would create a difficult non-region schedule. Playing the powerhouses these folks have decided to challenge speaks to the wisdom and courage of the coaching staffs. Thanks to Alcoa and Carver for showing us examples of how to schedule.

As an Alcoa fan I think we can fare well against these teams, but we can't make hardly any mistakes or have an off night.

I really don't know much about Hopkinsville, but I've heard they were the 3-A champs in KY a few years ago, and KY always has good athletes, (Havent they won the KY- TN allstar game the past 6 years or something)? So I expect a dog fight from them.

Maryville will be Maryville. The most storied program in the state, always winners, and a very excellent coaching staff, they will be a battle as well. This will be Alcoa's best chance since 2000 to beat them. Their offense may not be as potent as years past, but their defense and kickers (which may make a big difference in this game), are very, very good.

Fulton will be very good as well. It seems like year after year they reload. Their offense will revolve mainly around Tyrone Cobb. They'll need a QB and a receiver or two to step up. Like Maryville, their defense will be very quick and experienced.

McCallie could be Alcoa's toughest opponent, IMO. They play in the powerful Super 7 conference against some of the best teams in the state (MBA, Brentwood Aca., etc...). I know they've beaten two very good Knox. Central teams in previous years. Plus we have to travel down to Chattanooga, a place us Alcoa folk aren't too familar with, when it comes to football.

I think we can go 15-0 and win another state championship, but we can't take these teams lightly at all, and I know Coach Reid and his boys are very good at not doing that.

As an Alcoa fan I think we can fare well against these teams, but we can't make hardly any mistakes or have an off night.

I really don't know much about Hopkinsville, but I've heard they were the 3-A champs in KY a few years ago, and KY always has good athletes, (Havent they won the KY- TN allstar game the past 6 years or something)? So I expect a dog fight from them.

Maryville will be Maryville.  The most storied program in the state, always winners, and a very excellent coaching staff, they will be a battle as well.  This will be Alcoa's best chance since 2000 to beat them.  Their offense may not be as potent as years past, but their defense and kickers (which may make a big difference in this game), are very, very good.

Fulton will be very good as well.  It seems like year after year they reload.  Their offense will revolve mainly around Tyrone Cobb.  They'll need a QB and a receiver or two to step up.  Like Maryville, their defense will be very quick and experienced.

McCallie could be Alcoa's toughest opponent, IMO.  They play in the powerful Super 7 conference against some of the best teams in the state (MBA, Brentwood Aca., etc...).  I know they've beaten two very good Knox. Central teams in previous years. Plus we have to travel down to Chattanooga, a place us Alcoa folk aren't too familar with, when it comes to football.

I think we can go 15-0 and win another state championship, but we can't take these teams lightly at all, and I know Coach Reid and his boys are very good at not doing that.

825704748[/snapback]

If you go 10-0 in the regular season...I don't think anyone in 2a will challenge in the playoffs. I don't think that will happen. Alcoa could easily lose all 4 of those games.

Edited by Antwan

Tom, I think y'all whip Fulton.  I have a goodf friend on here that's a Fulton fan, so no offense, but Alcoa will put a hurt on 3A.  IMO 3A is weak. :D

825704775[/snapback]

ill agree with both of u as a whole that 3a isnt all that strong...Fulton and AE are the top 2 teams preseason for the last few years...take us 2 away and 3a really isnt very good...but because us and AE play in the 3a does that make us bad teams...powell knows about how well we play...not givin any predictions right now but Fulton is lookin pretty good as of now...well all know a little bit more when we get into pads...i know alcoa is strong...but i also know Fulton never gets credit when they deserve it...i dunno how close u follow us on the forums...but last year everyone pretty much in the state said we would lose to smith and then greenbriar...neither of those games where close...now am i sayin this game wont be close? no...all im sayin is give us some respect and dont over look us.