Profane Language on the Boards

CoachT

Just so you'll know-

Moderators delete or edit out the language but as a site administrator I can usually still see what was said later. When I do I have two choices- (1) put you on moderator control which means that in the future I have to approve any post you make before it appears on the board. (2) block your ip address which blocks every person who uses that ip address in your house/business/school. If you have multiple user names it blocks all of them.

If you are reading this then your ip address has not yet been blocked. However, a number of members have bit the dust today.

I do not put up with it. There are rarely second chances because there is no reason for this to happen in the first place. This is your warning if you need one.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me add that moderators have the ability to edit out bad language. However, as coacht.com continues to grow, it`s harder for moderators to read every post on every thread. So it`s up to everyone here who wants a good civil place to discuss Tennessee high school sports to help.

So as a reminder....If anyone sees an inappropriate post then help the moderators by hitting the "report" button under the offensive post.

this is a legitimate question and I'm not being sarcastic at all. What exactly constitutes "bad language?" I just don't want to screw up and say "butt" and get banned for life. Aside from obvious curse words and racial/ethnic profanity i'd like to KNOW what I can and cannot say. Some things that I consider PG might be considered rated X to some people. Does bad attitude count as bad language? Thanks in advance.

this is a legitimate question and I'm not being sarcastic at all.  What exactly constitutes "bad language?"  I just don't want to screw up and say "butt" and get banned for life.  Aside from obvious curse words and racial/ethnic profanity i'd like to KNOW what I can and cannot say.  Some things that I consider PG might be considered rated X to some people.  Does bad attitude count as bad language?  Thanks in advance.

825705540[/snapback]

Obviously, listing every word would not be appropriate, either. My rule is that, since one of the major concerns here is setting an example for high school age kids, if I shouldn't say a certain word or phrase in the classroom then it is not appropriate on here. Students could use the same guideline.

Bad attitude is usually a problem when it is chronic, mainly when a person does nothing but try to irritate other members. That is less clear cut as to the solution.