Boyd @ Tyner

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...You made some good points...first of all it seems as though you don't agree with certain fans who talk positively about their team...if Boyd's record was better they would "brag and boast" as they have done in the past...everybody always mentions the "off-night" Brainerd game...several factors caused the RAMS to lose this game and it is in the past where hopefully the players can learn and move on...any team on a given night can beat any team...I have always said and believed this fact and if Boyd happens to win I will be the first to congratulate the Bucs...Coach Turner, Crews, Stewart, Maples and the entire staff know what is at stake in this game...above all the players know what hangs in the balance...it will be an emotional and physical night for Tyner but I still believe that the RAMS will be victorious...the teams have not played each other since 1998 and both have been successful since then...one more thing about injuries...I know that they can play a key role in how a smaller classification team performs especially during the playoffs...my point is this: Boyd's program apparently had to rebuild this year...one running back does not change a teams system...Boyd's O-line basically returned intact and if the skill position players are young and inexperienced the O-line should take care of any shortcomings...Tyner had the same thing happen losing Joe Rutley and Melvin White last year but several players had to step up to fill the role...so what I am saying is, this statement about injuries may be a little overstated when it comes to a program like Boyd's status!!!

You also make some good points. No one has a problem with someone talking positively about their team. We have nothing but respect for the RAMS. They are a great team, well coached, great tradition etc etc. Anyone that plays with Fulton as close as you did has our respect. Like your Brainerd game, we too have had some off nights. Like Baylor, Red Bank, Fulton and recently Cookeville. All in higher classification and all who handled us convincingly. We also realize Tyner is not afraid to step outsid their classification to play teams like Brainerd, McCallie and Fulton. Even though you lost to all those teams, just as we did, those games makes our programs better. We've had more injuries this year than I can remember. You are right we did have to replace our whole backfield. The one back we lost was arguably the best in the city. Before we argue that point the only stats I have is that he rushed for 498 yards in 6 1/2 quaters of ball before he was hurt. Next year when Anthony is a senior he will prove to all how badly he is missed this year. I will also say that with only 300 students in our High School we don't have the depth of any of our 2A counterparts when it comes to numbers to chose from. We're not crying about that, we play with who we have. With all that said we have some great players as does Tyner. Both teams are undefeated in Region play this year and that will change this Friday night. I personally think it will be a great game and NO blowout for either team.

Win or lose for either team, can someone tell me how the playoffs will work? This is a new classification and Region for us and I'm just curious who the winner and loser would play in the 1st round of the playoffs. Thanks in advance for info.

...The winner will play the loser in Region 4 between York/Upperman

...The loser will play the winner of the above game at home!!!

...Please see signature below...or to clarify:

1996---3A Region Champs 5-0

1997---2A Region Champs 6-0

1998---2A Region Champs 6-0

1999---2A Region Champs 6-0

2000---2A Runner-Up 5-1

2001---2A Region Champs 6-0

2002---2A Region Champs 6-0

2003---2A Region Champs 6-0

2004---2A Region Champs 6-0

2005---Defending 2A Region Champs 3-0

...Healthy or not teams have to rise to the challenge...Tyner will be ready on this coming Friday...HOMECOMING...SENIOR NIGHT...REGION CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Has the Region stayed the same since you moved to 2A? I know the changes this year, but I don't know who has been in the region in the past. How has the RAMS done in post season play? In what round of the playoffs do you usually run into trouble?

I think it's just halarious that Boyd's not doin so hot this year in the big 2A...and I only say that cuz my friend plays on Boyd's team and harrassed me sayin that Milan would never beat them! Bring it on Josh Nason!!!! Good luck this week tho guys!

We're glad your entertained, but you need more information. Boyd is doing just fine in the BIG 2A...they are undefeated. Has Milan played Baylor, Red Bank Cookeville or Fulton? Didn't think so. None of them are in the BIG 2A.

Sounds like Boyd should just stay home and not even go to the game the way you guys have it all figured. Maybe the Bucs who have not lost a Region game in 5 years either will at least make a game out of it. At least you Tyner folks are concerned!!

...You sound as if Boyd has not been the underdog in any games this year...they are playing the 4-time Defending Champ in 2A...this isn't 1A...I realize that Boyd is also 3-0, however, the margin of those wins are not the same as they were last year...and don't get me wrong, I am not trying to minimize your victories especially what Boyd has been thru this year...all I am saying is the real season starts on Friday and continues thru November :thumb:

Which Tyner team shows up Friday? The one that destroyed 1-9 Walker Valley OR the one that lost to 1-9 Brainerd who was shut out by Walker Valley. Tyner, as always, has loads of talent, but it seems like they are sometimes ill-prepared -- just like any other team can be. The all-powerful "Ram Train" is not invincible.

Obviously, Tyner is the favorite in this one, but Boyd will be very dangerous if the Ram players think they can call this one in.