East Tenn Scrimmages

JC4life

I'm guessing that you are a Viking fan? You and 03 are right about Happy Valley and Daniel Boone, but their are a few opinions on Powell Valley in the previous page.

Bailing out on these scrimmages this late in the year would be disrespectful to the other schools. If you do that to every school you come across, you may not be able to find a team to play when you need one.

Edited by THSVikings2004

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. But the ride back from Maryville last year would have caused some to maybe reevaluate the entire program from that moment. Scrimmages aren't so telling. But those picked are not going to help the Vikings much. They actually benefit the other teams more than help THS.

825709618[/snapback]

what time is the THS and Happy Valley scrimmage and were is the scrimmage at plus were are the other 2 scrimmages against Powell Valley and Daniel Boone are at and the times also

what time is the THS and Happy Valley scrimmage and were is the scrimmage at plus were are the other 2 scrimmages against Powell Valley and Daniel Boone are at and the times also

825709720[/snapback]

Happy Valley August 5th 5:30 pm @ Stone Castle

Jamboree vs. Sullivan North August 11th 6:00 pm @ Sullivan South

Powell Valley August 12 5:30 pm @ Big Stone Gap

Daniel Boone August 16th 4:30 pm @ Tennessee High Practice Field

I doubt they will start on time though. I went to the Powell Valley scrimmage last year and they started about 15-25 minutes late.

Agreed. But the ride back from Maryville last year would have caused some to maybe reevaluate the entire program from that moment. Scrimmages aren't so telling. But those picked are not going to help the Vikings much. They actually benefit the other teams more than help THS.

825709618[/snapback]

I think they have reflected on that game quite a bit. They have still referred to some mistakes that were made in that game and they've told them how to prevent them.

Many things THS did last year against Maryville wasn't up to Coach Stubbs satisfaction. He made that clear.

The scrimmages are most likely obligations that were made before this year.

All of that though, was in 2004.

In 2005:

They will most likely have a equal offense. Judging by their practice, they are really focused on passing. The runningbacks most likely have the running plays down pat since that's all they did last year.

So far, I'm satisfied with their progress

Tennessee High will be tested early in the season due to all of their toughest games being away.

If they win conference and go far into the playoffs, all of those games will be at the Stone Castle.

***If anything needs to be fixed the most, I would say it needs to be some of the teams we play in this conference. We shouldn't have to have 7 conference games in the season. Five would be plenty.

I think they have reflected on that game quite a bit. They have still referred to some mistakes that were made in that game and they've told them how to prevent them.

Many things THS did last year against Maryville wasn't up to Coach Stubbs satisfaction. He made that clear.

The scrimmages are most likely obligations that were made before this year.

All of that though, was in 2004.

In 2005:

They will most likely have a equal offense. Judging by their practice, they are really focused on passing. The runningbacks most likely have the running plays down pat since that's all they did last year.

So far, I'm satisfied with their progress

Tennessee High will be tested early in the season due to all of their toughest games being away.

If they win conference and go far into the playoffs, all of those games will be at the Stone Castle.

***If anything needs to be fixed the most, I would say it needs to be some of the teams we play in this conference. We shouldn't have to have 7 conference games in the season. Five would be plenty.

825709768[/snapback]

hey thsvikings2004 are u going to the scrimmage today and if u are can u give me details on the team tonight i would go but i have to work

today DB will be scrimmaging Knox Halls, at DB, this is the first time everyone will get a chance to see DB's spread off. I cant wait to see how they use the new fast QB they have, not to see that Duran was not a good scrambler, but surely McCord will be alot faster. get ready boys and girls DB is comming out!!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Well, just came back from the scrimmage. It was almost cancelled due to the lightning and heavy winds.

The scrimmage ended in a tie at 14. I'll try to give the positives and negatives of each team.

Happy Valley

*Great QB that can throw the distance

*Big strong boys on the line, big runningbacks, and a big receiver that can move pretty well.

*Supportive coaches that shown everyone how much they cared about them

*The center needs to learn how to snap a ball.

*Wide Receivers need to be just little bit better with the ball

*QB needs to be accurate in pressure situations

Tennessee

*7 completions out of 9 attempts in passing

*Runningbacks basically over powered the defense on several occassions (starters)

*Good players stepping up (especially #3 Jeff Baker.... I think that's his name)

*Aggressive players on both sides of the ball

*Penalties...about 5 or so...brought back two touchdowns

*Throw more!!.....if they can't stop it, stick with it!

*Offensive line is gonna have to block a little bit better.

*CB's need to be more alert on those quick passes

I don't know if the goal here was to win or see what the younger players could do. Booher, Shaw, Bell, and Johnson weren't in that much at all. Most of the scrimmage was played by the younger players. 80% of the time, both teams were in Shotgun.

Edited by THSVikings2004