KWalker4 Hey

Bravey

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dr. visit was pretty good. He is doing better, but he is still in a lot of pain & very weak. He has also lost a lot of weight (if you can believe that)! He went to Fulton's scrimmages Thursday & Friday, but it really let him know he's not ready to be up & doing things just yet. He was really wiped out this weekend. His linemen better be ready for when he returns - he's got a lot of frustration built up right now! :( Seriously though, he did get the iv removed & he is not on any medication right now, which he thinks he maybe should be because his leg is still really swollen & he still can't walk. I think he's going to call the dr back today to check on that. I'll keep you updated!

Thanks again, and . . . . .

GO FALCONS!

Yes the leg still looks pretty bad ... I think he still needs the IV antibiotics ... and they sure miss him out there .. his lineman have had it made this Aug .. just aint the same unless you hear him out there quitelt correcting his lineman ... when I played for him I was scared to death of him .... anyway I sat with him Thursday and Friday at the scrimmages and he is eager to correct some things .... Fulton looked real tired at Fridays scrimmage .. they didnt get a break with the 5 teams ..they played consecutive sessions .. plus add to the fact that they had 2 scrimmages Thursday .. the boys were wore out ... dont get me wrong MW and Farragut looked more physical then Fulton ... I know also we are missing a couple of starters on defense and a couple on Offense ... when they get back and the guys get their legs back then I think they will improve ... passing game needs work with Soph but if they can get running game going then maybe they can get some play action passing going .... not time to panic yet .. just hope Coach B gets back out to round that OL in shape .......

Why my head still rings from those head butts .... I was a receiver so I didnt have to getem as often as some of those linemen .... boy was he intimidating back then though ... I have to say he has mellowed a bit ... you could get away with alot more back then as far as getting physical with the players as you do now .... nobody ever got hurt but coaches were able to grab and jerk and kick .. things like that .. dont get me wrong it was never anything that you got hurt from .... some of those paddlings from the coaches now those hurt .... you better not get caught leaving school for lunch cause Coach Sharp or Coach B would take care of it 6th period ... with a paddle that had holes in it ... boy I miss those days !!! NO I DONT !!!! brings back good memories ... we palyed for State Championship my senior year in 74 ... went 12-1 ... lost in finals in 3A which was back then the largest class .... anyway glad Coach B was back out there ..I saw him use his crutches a couple times on the tails of a couple of lineman .. just a couple of taps just to let them know he was there ..... hope he didnt over do it today ...

Tad - you probably already know if you went to the scrimmage yesterday, but they put Dad back in the hospital. I really think he was taken off the IV antibiotics too soon. He has been hurting so bad & he told me he almost took himself to the hospital in the middle of the night it got so bad. His spirits were better than I thought they would be when I saw him last night. He's HATING that he's missing the jambo tonight. Hopefully he will only be there for the weekend. You'll have to go by & see him if you get a chance. He's in room Tower 205.

Tad - you probably already know if you went to the scrimmage yesterday, but they put Dad back in the hospital. I really think he was taken off the IV antibiotics too soon.  He has been hurting so bad & he told me he almost took himself to the hospital in the middle of the night it got so bad. His spirits were better than I thought they would be when I saw him last night. He's HATING that he's missing the jambo tonight.  Hopefully he will only be there for the weekend. You'll have to go by & see him if you get a chance. He's in room Tower 205.

825714286[/snapback]

My family is still praying for a speedy recovery for your DAD he is a good man and i hope he gets well SOON.

Yes ..I talked to your brother at scrimmage and he told me that your dad was back in hospital ... his leg still looked bad and yes I think too he was taken off the IV's too soon ..... I know it hurts him not to be there ... I know his leg is hurting it has to be .. he's tough I know ... I will be praying for him ... I will get by to see him too ... thanks for the update .... his health is the most important thing .. he may have tried to do some things too fast but hey that's him though .... take care.