Ooltewah vs. Cookeville

ImaOWL

WOOHOO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! thumb  alright now that i got that out of me, i think this will be a very close game. Ooltewah already had an awesome running game, but not with the new sec fullback it will be even better. From what i have seen , Woods is a better quarterback this year, hitting his receivers instead of their ankles.  As long as Dewayne dosen't fumble, i think Ooltewah will pull this out 21-14.

825714697[/snapback]

I don't agree with the outcome you have, but the score is much more realistic than the guy that claimed it would be Owls by at least 28! I really believe my boys from Cookeville can pull it out, but even if they do, it won't be by much. I haven't heard how their scrimmage with Oak Ridge went today, but that will give a little better perspective on how they look.

All in all, this game is going to be the best matchup of the first half of the season!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope tonight's scrimmage doesn't alter your perspective too much, the Wildcats rolled 42-14 tonight over Cookeville.

I don't agree with the outcome you have, but the score is much more realistic than the guy that claimed it would be Owls by at least 28!  I really believe my boys from Cookeville can pull it out, but even if they do, it won't be by much.  I haven't heard how their scrimmage with Oak Ridge went today, but that will give a little better perspective on how they look.

All in all, this game is going to be the best matchup of the first half of the season!

825714707[/snapback]

It was 14-14 with the starters until both teams started subbing younger players into the action. Both teams starters played about half of the scrimmage. From that point, Oak Ridge did outscore Cookeville 28-0. Good Luck to both teams this year.

825714725[/snapback]

That makes me feel better! I was worried for a minute! Now I have to wait on my boy fuggly to give me the play by play when he gets home.

Oak Ridge shuttles players in from the first series, they dominated play tonight once they got into the tempo of the game.

Cookeville's first score was due to a pair of punt fakes, one was on fourth and 20 something. Their second drive was impressive, taking it the distance and doing some nice things.

From my point of view, however, it was Oak Ridge's best effort and they were all over the 'Cavs. Did Cookeville have any key players out? They had good numbers, but I am wondering if they are indeed the favorite in their region from what I saw tonight.

Just for the record, Tank,  First team against first each scored twice.  Oak Ridges first score came after a third string Soph tailback (getting a look running with the first team O) fumbled on the Cookeville 10 (short field) and then a short field (50 yds for so) drive with a nice pass over the top with the strong safety out of position.  Cookeville drove the ball  80 and 90 yds right down OR throat.  Yes OR scored 4 more TD's, all on Cookeville's 2nd, 3rd and 4th teamers.  It appeared OR only brought about 40-50 players.  Cookeville dressed at least 90 and played them all after the first two drives.  So yes the scoring was 42-14.  But that is not what you saw from the first teamers or how most people precieved how it went.  Ask your coaching staff, they will tell a different story

825714733[/snapback]

Thank you! My heart has finally started to beat again! thumb

Oak Ridge shuttles players in from the first series, they dominated play tonight once they got into the tempo of the game.

Cookeville's first score was due to a pair of punt fakes, one was on fourth and 20 something. Their second drive was impressive, taking it the distance and doing some nice things.

From my point of view, however, it was Oak Ridge's best effort and they were all over the 'Cavs. Did Cookeville have any key players out? They had good numbers, but I am wondering if they are indeed the favorite in their region from what I saw tonight.

825714736[/snapback]

Okay. Now we have one person claiming OR destroyed my boys tonight, and everyone else saying the person didn't see what he thought he saw. So, who to believe......Not you!

I certainly didn't mean to make this confrontational, just giving my opinion.

I liked the Cookeville coaching staff and their kids. They play really hard and seemed to execute really well. I just question whether they have enough talent in their depth to be a real contender this season.

I do, in all sincerity, wish them the absolute best this year.