Playing on Artificial Turf

just4fun

State Soccer To Try Out Artificial Turf At Finley Stadium

I know it is kinda early to be talking about the state championship but... TSSAA has decided to keep the tournament at Chattanooga's Finley Stadium even though they now have artificial turf.

It is apparently top of the line and supposed to be more like real grass.

Edited by just4fun

• 3 weeks later...

Not at finley for regular season.

Class AAA state tournament will be played there. DII and A/AA finals will be played on the turf.

I was on it this weekend. It is pretty awesome. Football players seem to like it. If you don't know anything about the new stuff, it is not a carpet. I looks and feels like grass. Even has little pieces of black stuff like dirt.

I was on it this weekend.  It is pretty awesome.  Football players seem to like it.  If you don't know anything about the new stuff, it is not a carpet.  I looks and feels like grass.  Even has little pieces of black stuff like dirt.

825723400[/snapback]

It seems to be a big hit with the football players but soccer is another issue. I wonder how the ball will act. Will it be enough like grass to fool the ball? It will be interesting to see.

The field sure does look nice, and Finley is a GREAT venue for soccer so I hope it works well. I would like to continue seeing the soccer tournament played in Chattanooga.

Edited by just4fun

• 1 month later...