Green Wave Football

wavemachine

Gwave and other Gallatin fans,

I am afraid our mighty Wave team did not look very mighty today. Gallatin scrimmaged Powell in the morning, and Powell was able to control the game on both sides of the football. When they wanted to throw... they completed, and when they wanted to run... they did. When Gallatin wanted to throw... they didn't complete, and when they wanted to run... they couldn't.

In the evening they scrimmaged McCallie and did look improved from the morning practice. However, I was still disappointed. We have been looking forward to this year for a long time. We have watched this team grow and mature, and I was really thinking this year would be golden. Do not get me wrong; I know these are the first scrimmages of the season, and we will continue to grow, but today was a real let down for me. I still have faith that the coaching staff will pull this team together, and by the end of this camp, we will start showing our true capabilities.

Injured players that started last year were numerous and may be a contributing factor to the performance today. On that list: Dontaye Hall, Rusty Fisher, Spencer Steelman, Spencer Lauderdale, and J.R. Harper. I am leaving some off, but I think those were the ones that had started last year. There were about 10 walking around that were not dressed.

I sure am looking forward to a better day tomorrow.

Gwave and other Gallatin fans,

I am afraid our mighty Wave team did not look very mighty today. Gallatin scrimmaged Powell in the morning, and Powell was able to control the game on both sides of the football.  When they wanted to throw... they completed, and when they wanted to run... they did. When Gallatin wanted to throw... they didn't complete, and when they wanted to run... they couldn't.

In the evening they scrimmaged McCallie and did look improved from the morning practice. However, I was still disappointed. We have been looking forward to this year for a long time.  We have watched this team grow and mature, and I was really thinking this year would be golden. Do not get me wrong; I know these are the first scrimmages of the season, and we will continue to grow, but today was a real let down for me.  I still have faith that the coaching staff will pull this team together, and by the end of this camp, we will start showing our true capabilities.

Injured players that started last year were numerous and may be a contributing factor to the performance today. On that list: Dontaye Hall, Rusty Fisher, Spencer Steelman, Spencer Lauderdale, and J.R. Harper. I am leaving some off, but I think those were the ones that had started last year. There were about 10 walking around that were not dressed.

I sure am looking forward to a better day tomorrow.

825709771[/snapback]

That can't be true. Powell is going to be awful. They only have two decent players on the whole team. Haven't you been reading this forum? :(

And yes, that was tounge in cheek.

I just talked to a contact who is at McCallie. He told me that Powell and Gallatin worked together this morning, but that the scrimmage was primarily JV against JV. He said that the ones went against each other in goal line situations, but that was it.

Powell is scrimmaging Sevier County tonight and McCallie tomorrow (Saturday), so that would mean that Gallatin is working against McCallie tonight and Sevier County tomorrow.

As someone has already mentioned, this morning practice was with Powell and mostly the young guys.

This evening was with McCallie. The scrimmage was pretty much controlled by McCallie. The goal line was more evenly matched. I saw some improvement from yesterday, but we still have a lot of work to do.

Injuries: same as yesterday, except Lauderdale came back, and now include J.T. Kemper and J.T. Ferrell.

Well our Wave looked a bit more mighty today. They only had the morning practice with Sevier County, and then the coach gave them the remainder of the day to rest. I am sure it had something to do with the numerous injuries that continue to plague us.

It seemed to me that today they looked a bit more cohesive as a unit.

It is my understanding that Dontaye Hall and J. R. Harper will return on Monday. Tomorrow they only have an evening practice, but I am anxiously awaiting Monday.

I know that this is a learning experience for them, and it is giving guys that have never played at the varsity level valuable experience that will be beneficial when the season starts.

From Chattanooga, 12 days to showtime!!!

Hey guys and gals.... Sorry it took me so long to get back on the boards. To tell you the truth, it was because I couldn't remember my dang password, but all is well now. So I made the trek down to McCallie today because of what I had been hearing about the team. I have to say, they didn't impress me.... But they didn't let me down. I would say the overall win went to the Wave against Sevier Co. even though scoring wasn't really kept because it was really more drills than anything. So anyway, this is what I saw from the guys that weren't injured. The line really needs to come together if they plan on winning some games. Linebackers seemed to get the feel after a few plays. Secondary will be good once Hall and Harper get back in a few days. Backfield, Harris had a couple of good runs and Manning looked lightning fast out there. All in all, if we can stay away from injuries, I think we'll be okay. Just gotta wait and see though I suppose. Gwave, I know you gotsta be wantin' to say somethin' about it.

Looks like we need to heal up and start playing together.

Really surprised our speed has not shown up.....maybe we are not as fast I first thought.

As long as we keep making improvements I have hope we will be alright.

825711348[/snapback]

Y'all playing possum again? I cannot believe it is that bad as this thread seems to paint. Gallatin has NEVER been that bad! :D

To say our team is improving would be a considerable understatement. The offensive line came together today and we were able to produce yards against Sevier County and McCallie (a three-way scrimmage). I am amazed at the differences I have seen as the week is progressing!

Defensively, they were just outstanding! With the exception of one touchdown pass by McCallie our defense really made a stand. I believe altogether we had about 3 sacks. I was very impressed!

Fisher, Lauderdale, and Kemper are all back in the line up.

I can sense that the team is really starting to stick together! They are unified and disciplined! I am proud to be a Green Wave Fan!!!!