West TN Scrimmage Scores

CENTRALTIGERFAN

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody know anything about the milan / mayfield ky scrimmage friday in milan

825711257[/snapback]

I was there, and this is how I saw it.

The starters went against each other for five series, then both teams began working in the JVs. Mayfield led 13-7, but it shouldn't have been that close. Mayfield fumbled twice and had a pass tipped and then intercepted by a defensive lineman ... two of the turnovers were well inside Milan territory. Milan's only score was on a short drive after they recovered a Mayfield fumble.

My guess is that Mayfield would have had about a 2-1 edge in total yards, maybe more, but was hurt by the turnovers.

Mayfield could win a Class A state title ... the Cardinals are ranked #3 in the preseason and return 17 starters from a team that reached the semifinals last fall. They also had a good player (a FB and LB) transfer in when his father was hired as the principal.

Edited by kentuckian

The defense stood out alot.....Drew Dropik, Justin Ogden, Savion Hayslett, Cody Richmond, Ian Davis, and Andrew Polinski all looked really good on defense........On offense Robert White scored twice and Logan Parker ran for a long touchdown.....Jacob Fulbright caught a long touchdown pass.

The Rebels actually won 6 tds to 2......

This Friday, Central scrimmages Huntingdon at 6:00 at OC's practice field...

Edited by treefitty74

I heard today that North side scored twice and Cordova was held scoreless. Anyone have any other details or comments?

825711535[/snapback]

Surely not. Cordova is predicted to win that Region. North Side was 1-9 last year. For them to beat Cordova would be a huge upset. Get more facts. I am interested.

JCM is said to look really good. They beat Covington 2-0 and threatened a couple of other times.

They will play Milan Friday at South Side in the Jamboree.

Lewis County beat Bruceton 2 - 0. Bruceton did not look very good on offense and moved the ball very little. The defense looked fair in spots and the two touchdowns were on long plays.