MBA @ Ravenwood

MBAWR5

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only caught the first 30 minutes of the scrimmage, which started at 4:30 after some 7-on-7 type work.

MBA had the ball first and scored, aided by some nice runs by Andy Snyder, including the TD run. MBA then got one play from the 20 or 30 - kind of a "last play of the half" scenario - in which Howe threw a TD pass. Ravenwood then took over on O and scored on a long pass midway through the series. I think they ran a few more offensive plays after that (this must have been a 12-play format type of scrimmage). MBA then got the ball again on O and one of the tailbacks (#22, not sure of the name, may be a sophomore) broke a 50 or 60 yard run before being chased down. Then, as MBA was about to score, the teams switched sides and what looked like MBA's 2s started on offense going the other way. Ravenwood then got an offensive series (I guess their first stringers, as Jennings was still QB). At that point, I had to go.

I was a little surprised at the numbers on the Ravenwood sideline - there was only 40-45 players, which I assume is somewhat low for a 5A school. Their first teams seemed fine, but those numbers may lead to some depth issues as the season progresses.

Maybe someone else could elaborate on what happened from 5PM on....

Edited by rollredroll