Maryville Versus Austin East

MLREB

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to someone close to the program and the big question they have right now is the QB position. The transfer from Fulton was the first choice, but due to the TSSAA ruling he's ineligable. I'm not sure about the appeal. But after that the prospects drop of dramatically. Without a QB, it could limit some of the things coach Graham would like to do.

You are correct my friend. However, I don't think the ruling has came back yet therefore, the transfer could be seeing some action tonight against Maryville.

What can you look for? You can look for the same type of hitting that you seen last year, the same type of speed, and the same type of discipline. The Roadrunners look the same as last year but with a little my prep to their step.

please post your comments after the game, i won't be able to make this scrimmage but I would like to know your thoughts on the scrimmage.

Thanks and GO AE and GO REBS, that'll be Knoxville WEST REBS :)

If this was a better team than last years AE team, then they must have been terrible last year. I seriously dont think they got past the line of scrimmage. The first 6 or 7 plays were all tackles for a loss. I didn't see any big hits except from the guys in black and red also. AE did manage, however, to score on the 2nd or 3rd string. Maryville put a sophmore in at saftey to get him some reps and he got burnt. Maryville moved the ball extremely well on offense. The running game looked unstopable with Tallent, Singleton, and Baker. Passing was a little shaky and it will be interesting to see what they do before the season. Gary Tucker was blowing past the line and I dont know how many times he hit that poor quarterback. The running back #2 from AE looked pretty good at times. Taylor Akins had a nice little scamper for about 40+ yards. Overall the defense was incredible.....even though the starting linebackers Matt Valentine and Jon Lawhon were out. Offensively they could improve and it is safe to say that our yardage might have to come all from the ground.

No i didnt mean to offend you and im sorry if I did. They are just not the AE roadrunners that I thought they were gonna be. The quarterbacks, I thought, didnt look too bad. # 12 looked the best. # 9 was still on at times. Like I said, that running back #2 looked strong. I believe that the AE secondary was impressive at times. All i was saying was that maryvilles defense looked unbelievable.

"Thanks and GO AE and GO REBS, that'll be Knoxville WEST REBS :D "

But it doesnt look like you have much to say about the real rebels!

Edited by mrebel171113

The first 20 plays for Maryville on offense resulted in 2 TD's and about 150 total yards. The first 20 plays for A-E on offense resulted 0 TD's and 18 net yds. and 15 of that came on a 15 yd. penalty.

Maryville's D was very good. When Valentine, Lawhon, and Shiver return they should become even better.

A-E did bomb our sophomore DB's for a long TD. A-E has some speed and some good looking athletes, particularly at WR and DB.

Edited by STARSNBARS

If this was a better team than last years AE team, then they must have been terrible last year.  I seriously dont think they got past the line of scrimmage. The first 6 or 7 plays were all tackles for a loss.  I didn't see any big hits except from the guys in black and red also.  AE did manage, however, to score on the 2nd or 3rd string.  Maryville put a sophmore in at saftey to get him some reps and he got burnt.  Maryville moved the ball extremely well on offense.  The running game looked unstopable with Tallent, Singleton, and Baker.  Passing was a little shaky and it will be interesting to see what they do before the season.  Gary Tucker was blowing past the line and I dont know how many times he hit that poor quarterback.  The running back #2 from AE looked pretty good at times.  Taylor Akins had a nice little scamper for about 40+ yards.  Overall the defense was incredible.....even though the starting linebackers Matt Valentine and Jon Lawhon were out.  Offensively they could improve and it is safe to say that our yardage might have to come all from the ground.

825712764[/snapback]

That wasn't the second or third team that A-E hit the long TD pass down the sideline on. I was there, too. That was still ones vs. ones.

Yep, Maryville's defense dominated the first couple of series, but A-E did manage to put together a little offense as the day went on. Both teams played ones for the first 5 series' or so.

That wasn't the second or third team that A-E hit the long TD pass down the sideline on. I was there, too.  That was still ones vs. ones.

Yep, Maryville's defense dominated the first couple of series, but A-E did manage to put together a little offense as the day went on.  Both teams played ones for the first 5 series' or so.

825712925[/snapback]

I was there too HTV and it will pain you to hear it but you are W R O N G. The poster said it was a sophmore DB and it was. It was #19 (Clement I think) and it was his first play in the game when the TD was scored. Tyler Maples #2 had been playing that side the entire scrimmage up to that point and Ryan Tallent was at the other corner spot. They both came out right before that play. Someone even made the comment after the play, "boy they didnt waste any time trying that guy out. Most of the defense in there were still first teamers (not that it matters) but the corners were subs.