Dobyns-Bennett vs Maryville Scrimmage

biglon68

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Father gave me cell updates.  Said Maryville is quite a team.  DB looked better than scrimmages before.  Maybe DB's 3rd string QB looked to be the best QB as he moved the ball well.  There was a decent crowd (despite the complaining of $3) and it was a good time.  I hope both teams took something with them that will pay off in the regular season. 

Roll Tribe!!

And Go Rebels!!

825713991[/snapback]

I haven't seen Morristown West or Halls play this year, but I think this DB team could beat them if they have to.

A few fans behind me were being way too critical about DB. They're under the impression that DB will have trouble against every team they play judging by this scrimmage.

All the flaws I saw CAN be corrected.

Maryville looked good at times, you could tell they were close to breaking free several times for long gains. D-B has a lot of problems on offense, they can't open a hole anywhere on the line and when they do the only kid thats fast enough on the team to go through is #3 and he wont even start! Clearly the Burton kid moved the ball better than Mccord, and should get the start, but I bet he dosen't. D-B's special teams looked pretty good,got off some good punts and blocked 1. Maryville wasn't as big as I thought they would be, but really made up for it when they hit . The Rebel defense is very fast up front , the only spot that might be a little questionable is the corners on deep passes. D-B had 2 touchdowns dropped 1 was a little high but the other pass to #6 hit him between the numbers(looked like Gaines in the Riverdale game a few years ago). Overall I'd say the Rebel yell will be alive and well in November, good luck to a class team hope you win it all again, and sorry about your flag, but that's what the world's coming to, just ask Florida

State. As for D-B, I'm afraid we are in some bad trouble,but 7-3 is my sad prediction.

OK, first off, yes DB did tie it 14-14 by the end because time ran out on JV's last drive, but the coaches decided DB would get 6 more plays on O, then Maryville would get 5 more plays on O. DB ran in a TD on the next play, and then drove down the field and scored on 4 more plays, tying the game. Maryville then came out for 5 more and the game was over.

Bo Burton's fumble on the option that led to Maryville's last TD was just the case that he was planning on either pitching it or fake pitching it, and the ball simply slipped out of his hand straight down, and the Maryville player scooped it up and took it in.

And for the two of you who are saying that #3 (Terrence Maxwell) is the only one that can get through the holes, you need to come to more than this scrimmage to watch us play. He is the 3rd string RB at best, and that is VERY legit. He would refuse to go through a hole if it was 10 feet wide, he would still try to go outside. Devin Bingham and Andrew Pappas will be DB's running backs this year, all year.

DB's O-Line improved a great deal from the Halls and Mo West scrimmages, where they basically broke down, but after a few days of getting in their face and tough practices, they turned it around pretty nicely. DB simply has to catch the catchable passes, and stop hurting themselves on offense.

Yea same old crap, and politics Catfish. We also remember a certain running back #24 a few years ago (who didn't get to start until his junior season, but was clearly the best running on the field as a freshman) when he finally got to start all you could here was he cant remember the plays, he runs too much on his own. Lets give him about 10 carries a game get 100 yards and 3 touchdowns and thats enough(until we need him and give him the ball for 293 yards against Oakridge that is) Anyone can see favorites are a sad part of the game, at least at D-B.