Campbell Co. vs Lenoir City

CougarTrav02

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post on Coacht since the end of the last football season, but as I was reading the boards today I realized just how close the season is. I don't really know how that I think that the Cougars will do this year, mostly because of the loss of their DC and most of the defense. I do have faith though that the defense will still have speed to stop the runners from the corners, although i worry that they may be stretched then when a team approaches them with a dual attack. Lenior City is a team that i have never had any dealings with in the past so therefore i don't have any knowledge of the players that they have. I think that the Cougars will have a potent offense this year given that Chris Johnson and Brance Stiner don't get hurt. I am looking in this game to see if any of the cougars inexperienced receivers have improved over the off season and are ready to step up because the cougars lost all of their starting receivers from last year. I think that if the cougars are able to move the ball in this game they will stay very close the Lenior City, surprising most of their fans. I don't however think that either team will win by more than 10 points. I think that if the cougars win, it will be a close game with neither team scoring over 21 points. I think thought that the cougars will come out on top with the defense getting a key turnover in this game. This game will set the tone for the year for the cougars, hopefully that tone will be set on a high note. I say cougars win by 7.

If the cougars want to win, then the defense needs to get their crap together.

825716513[/snapback]

The panthers will have to OUTSCORE the cougars for a victory. I don't think Lenoir City can stop the cougar offense with the Johnson kid running the ball, so they will have to exploit the early season inexperience of the defense to outscore them if they intend to beat the 5A Cougars................ :D

I agree with you possum. CC defense in the scrimmages has been very very lackluster at best. They lined up wrong to many times to count in the scimmages I saw, that being said that can definetly be fixed. The corners are a problem, but game situations and game type speed should help them, hopefully that ain't to late!

The offense is very potent! The offensive line has been blocking very well, and with with Chris Johnson in the backfield every play could be a TD! I think CC comes out and establishes a run game and pulls away at the end and wins by a couple of TD's!

Lenoir City is a year away with their front seven. But the secondary has some solid players and that is where the experience lies. The offensive is highlighted with a big o-line with RT being 6'3 290 and the LT being 6'6 290, but behind the offensive line is a very good tailback Rommel Hightower. Rommel is about 5'8 180 and can run around 4.5/4.6 speed. He is hearing impaired, actually deaf, so they use signals to show Rommel audibles and such and Rommel has improved on the mentall side of the game to become a solid force at TB. Zach Cusick is the QB and is 6'3 180 and has a canon for an arm, but seems to struggle making quick decisions. However, he did throw for 430 yards against Fulton last year in ONE half. The WR are solid but not real big.

Overall, LC has a solid base of talent it is all about if things come together for them whether or not they can pull some upsets this year.

I have never seen CC so I can't underestimate or overstate their team, but if their main playing style is runnig the ball they might have a chance to pound the rock.

My PREDICTION, very close and low scoring. The weather could be wet acording to future forecasts, but you know the weather forecasters.

Lenoir City 14 CC 12