Campbell Co. vs Lenoir City

CougarTrav02

Wow. I really didn't see that coming....the same way Jesse Johnson didn't see Johnson coming when he knocked the crap out of him. I know we lost the game, but that was an awesome hit, on to the game. CC defense suprised me the first few possesions of the game by completely stopping LC. I honestly thought that we would have a shootout in this game, which wasn't the case. It all really came to an end when Johnson was ejected from the game. In all honesty, with the offensive line blocking like they were, we had no chance after he got thrown out. It really hurt on defense when Jesse Bowman went out, who was responsible for almost 200 tackles last year. It's really not looking good for next week with Heritage beating Seymour, and us without Johnson. But overall, LC is a pretty decent team, the only reasib they will possibly go 5-5 is because they're in the toughest region in the state. CC really needs to regroup and hit the practice field. I'm not giving up on the season quite yet though, we'll come back.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to take anything from Lenoir Citys win, but this sounds like a game of total Murphy's Law for Campbell Co. ( If anything can go wrong it will). The Cougars are joined by Alcoa in having top players having to sit out next week,a very unfortunate situation to be in. Be sure to appeal the sideline hit, they (TSSAA)sometimes rule in favor of the player if you have good film and it shows beyond a doubt that there was no malice in the infraction and was just a poorly timed hit that was closer to the sideline than the ref. thought it was. Had a player ejected for piling on once and appealed it because the film clearly showed he was just a big ol' boy without much balance and a player from the other team actually pushed him on the pile from behind. (which the ref did not see) Won the appeal too, sometimes RC and company actually do rule in your favor................

Rommel was by far the best back on the field last night. Certainly the the most classy. I don't even know his stat were, but he defenitely was better than that Johnson dude. Also, on the Johnson guy that was the cheapest shot I have ever seen. Jesse Johnson for LC was all the way out of bounds and Johnson road him all the way to the bench and fence. Just mad cause Jesse and Rommel were dominating. THE CHEAP hit happened after a like 60 yard return. David Vinsol is a freaking beast out there along with Mad Dog. I give props to Kevin Harmen, too. Heck our whole defensive played well. Jason Studwell, Brian Christian, Justin Brannum, Alex Cook, Jake Reed, Matt Hammit, JJ, Kelso, and they would even be better if my man Bean wasn't out. LC might only lose two or three games this year with a defense playing like this. Zach Cusick throws that fade route perfect and JJ can catch everything. Oh ya Hightower ISN"T deaf, and he feaking dominated you CC.

GET OVER IT AND I'M OUT......

johnson should have been ejected...that wasnt a bad timed hit and had nuthin to do with were the ref was standing...johnson hit jesse about 2 yards from the sideline and then drove him another 9 over a bench and through the fence...how could that possibly be an accident???

825720990[/snapback]

I don't know what angle you seen the play from rubberbandman, but I had a bird's eye view of the play. Chris Johnson was fending off a blocker ON the sideline and wrapped up both players and their momentum took them into the fence which is FIVE yards off the sideline. Personal foul perhaps. Ejection = BS!

ok this will be my last post of the year so i dont get in trouble by the coach...and let me tell u the few i had...i am Hightower. and i was right there and i attempted to block johnson and he got off and we were about 7 yards from the sideline when he got off me...and he kept goin all the way until jesse was through the fence. he never even slowed down...so i dont really care wat few you had since thats were i was and i was closer than anyone else...and you jus said that urself.

I don't know what angle you seen the play from rubberbandman, but I had a bird's eye view of the play.  Chris Johnson was fending off a blocker ON the sideline and wrapped up both players and their momentum took them into the fence which is FIVE yards off the sideline.  Personal foul perhaps.  Ejection = BS!

825721051[/snapback]

i myself did not see the late hit, but i know it was late becouse i am a player on the LC offense and was on the way to the huddle when i heard the hit, it was that late. my teamates who were over there told me how late it was, and theres no need for that in a game. just like tackling the back-up quarterback tacking a knee as the clock ran out-there was just no need for it. i don't care what u say about "momentum" and all that, the play was over, the whistle was blown and oif he wanted to pull up he could have, its just that simple. i'm sure when we see the film monday, we'll be able to tell just how late it was

Edited by lcpanther75

I was in the stands and saw flat out a CHEAP SHOT. CC your running back is classless and I am glad he is suspended for the next game. All we heard prior to the game was All-State running back this, and Johnson will run for 200 yards. Johnson stunk and was mad about how much LC dominated him, so he was trying to injure players. CLASSLESS. If all I knew going into the game was one of the teams had an all state back I would have have no reason to not believe it was Hightower. He out played Johnson and the entire CC D.

But the game is over now and its time for LC to beat Cumberland County.

From what I understand the Jesse kid knocked Johnson out a play before CC scored the 40 yrd td. Did anyone see that? I sure did. Johnson layed there for like 2 minutes and we thought he was hurt. And he sat out the next play. I guess he just wanted a little pay back. Don't blam him. You LC people really can't say Chris Johnson is "classless" because he's not. Johnson isn't the type of player to give cheap shots for no reason. If you say Johnson was giving cheap shots, maybe you guys were not really palying attention to the whole game. Malone07, you're seriously ignorant. Johnson had 88 yrds the first half and would've had more if Jesse lay on the ground for 2 yrs and act like he was dead. He wasn't mad because LC was "dominating" them. People who act like that and try to injure other players is someone called Jesse Johnson.

Edited by HowiePinkly

I was in the stands and saw flat out a CHEAP SHOT. CC your running back is classless and I am glad he is suspended for the next game. All we heard prior to the game was All-State running back this, and Johnson will run for 200 yards. Johnson stunk and was mad about how much LC dominated him, so he was trying to injure players. CLASSLESS. If all I knew going into the game was one of the teams had an all state back I would have have no reason to not believe it was Hightower. He out played Johnson and the entire CC D.

But the game is over now and its time for LC to beat Cumberland County.

825721496[/snapback]

Hightower = 71 yards (played the entire game)

Johnson = 88 yards (played one half)

Johnson = Not a "classless player" He apologized to the kid, and felt bad.

Hightower out played Johnson? = haha sure...

Edited by Crazy4CC