Alcoa Vs. Hopkinsville

TnFootballfan

Guest catfish-hunter
Alcoa will be 2A State Champs, no doubt with a 12-3 record.

Losses to HOP TOWN, Maryville, and McCallie.

Hop Town is loaded

825718057[/snapback]

First off Alcoa MIGHT win the 2A state title. Secondly, if they do so then it will be with an 11-4 record by your standards. Alcoa is not going to beat Fulton people. The Falcons are just too good defensively, while Alcoa showed me last year that they have some major question marks in their secondary. Sure they have two great bookends in Sykes and Warren. Secondary wise they just stunk :lol::D

Don't start telling me how they did against the likes of Sweetwater and Rockwood either guys. In 2A outside of Tyner and the new addition from 3A, Smith Co., the east-TN half of the playoff bracket is a walk in the park for Alcoa. The west-TN half of the playoff bracket has about seven teams capable of playing in Murfreesboro on the first Friday night in December. All of them could compete with Alcoa anytime and they all could beat Alcoa if they show up unprepared.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(quote)

First off Alcoa MIGHT win the 2A state title. Secondly, if they do so then it will be with an 11-4 record by your standards. Alcoa is not going to beat Fulton people. The Falcons are just too good defensively, while Alcoa showed me last year that they have some major question marks in their secondary. Sure they have two great bookends in Sykes and Warren. Secondary wise they just stunk

Having followed teams in 2A and 3A last year If Aloca had been 3A they would be the 2004 3A state champs. If Fulton was in 2 2A last year they would have finished 3rd behind Alcoa and Rockwood and would have had their hand's full with Sweetwater.

The Integra Bowl is at Trigg County High School the admission for both games is $6 .....they are also bringing in bleachers to fill in the end zones, should be plenty of room. Check directions below.

The game is FRIDAY at Trigg County High School in Cadiz, KY.  The game IS NOT in Hopkinsville.

Take I-24 west to Exit 65 (the Cadiz exit).  Turn left and proceed five miles west on U.S. 68.  Turn right onto Business U.S. 68 at the flashing light.  Go about two miles and turn right on Midway Street (next to a Minit Mart).  Go one block and turn left.  The stadium is on the right.  Look for the lights.

Here is a preview of the Integra Bowl doubleheader

http://www.cadizrecord.com/articles/sections/sports/

825718202[/snapback]

First off Alcoa MIGHT win the 2A state title.  Secondly, if they do so then it will be with an 11-4 record by your standards.  Alcoa is not going to beat Fulton people.  The Falcons are just too good defensively, while Alcoa showed me last year that they have some major question marks in their secondary.  Sure they have two great bookends in Sykes and Warren.  Secondary wise they just stunk :ph34r:  :lol:

Don't start telling me how they did against the likes of Sweetwater and Rockwood either guys.  In 2A outside of Tyner and the new addition from 3A, Smith Co., the east-TN half of the playoff bracket is a walk in the park for Alcoa.  The west-TN half of the playoff bracket has about seven teams capable of playing in Murfreesboro on the first Friday night in December.  All of them could compete with Alcoa anytime and they all could beat Alcoa if they show up unprepared.

825718454[/snapback]

Not quite sure what you mean by "secondary stunk."

CB Bell (graduated) led team with 8 interceptions

FS Lanxter 5 interceptions, 2 returned for TD's

SS Love 4 interceptions

CB Green 3 interceptions

Looks like Bell will be replaced by Shiverdecker - not proven, yet, in that position,

but extremely quick and sees the field well.

Not quite sure what you mean by "secondary stunk."

CB  Bell (graduated)  led team with 8 interceptions

FS  Lanxter              5 interceptions, 2 returned for TD's

SS  Love                  4 interceptions

CB  Green                3 interceptions

Looks like Bell will be replaced by Shiverdecker - not proven, yet, in that position,

but extremely quick and sees the field well.

825718670[/snapback]

Actually Bell was replaced by Brian Sommer, also is new to the position. Both he and Shivy will see plenty of action at corner.

About this game....take it from somebody that lived in that town for a year, hated it so much and MOVED BACK to Knoxville. I'm originally from Western Ky and loved growing up in that part of the US. I left for college and came back. I will not go into the reasons why I left for a second time, but I will say that THUG LIFE is not for me.

That town is located close to Clarksville / Ft. Campbell where a lot of military families live. There are several high schools around, and all of those kids get dispersed equallly. But the thing about that area is that a lot of these kids come and go on a yearly, sometimes monthly basis. You can't build a team around that....especially when you don't know what's coming in or leaving!!!!

Hoptown is a good team and the Tigers went all the way to the quarter finals last year. But it will be interesting to see what they do WITHOUT Pulley and they also have new head coach. A lot of intangibles there, but I see this as a rebuilding year. They say that the cream rises to the top.....we'll just have to wait and see.

Alcoa is just way much more disciplined than the Tigers ever hope to be and I predict the Tornadoes in a landslide. Alcoa has Lindsey and Warren (amongst MANY others) and a butt-load of talent more than Hop- town would ever dream of!!!! Also, coming off a 15-0 season, and a 99.9% chance of repeating....it's a no brainer who my money is on!!!!

On a personal note, I hope Alcoa beats the living dog snot out of Hop-town, and I think they will. I hope you boys show them why we take our football a little bit more seriously in TN than they do.

Regardless, parents and fans - get there early because there is nowhere to park......ANYWHERE!!!!! Also, make sure that you stop at Ferrel's and get a couple of hamburgers on the way in or out. Once you get off the four lane, it's about 1/4 mile down on the right. It's a hole in the wall place with a green neon sign. You won't regret it.......I honestly think it's better than Litton's!!!

Here's some tips and another set of directions.......

Exit #65 as stated in previous posts. Turn left at the end of the exit.

Take the 4-lane until it merges into 2 lanes. I think there is a Chevron or Exxon station on the right (just before the 4 lane ends). There is also a bank there with a sign that flashes time and temperature. You want to turn RIGHT there. (If you go past a golf course on your left, you've gone to far). Go past Ferrel's (burger joint) and the high school is a couple miles down on your right......just past the hospital.

Your best, and cheapest option of getting gas is stopping in Oak Grove....just past the TN / KY line. There are two exits...#89 and #86 (I think those are the correct exit #'s). Once you pass those exits, the next available gas station is at #65, and it is usually 10 to 20 cents higher.

One more thing, once you guys get off and exit # 65, GO THE SPEED LIMIT!!!! It's posted at 55mph, but the cops patrol that road quite heavily at times.

Good luck Tornadoes and I wish you guys the best of luck. To all the fans and parents traveling to the area that I was raised........hope you enjoy it and just remember that I came BACK to Knoxville for a reason!!!!! GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sofine