Mckenzie Fan Base

ktrainfan

I am not sure many of the Huntingdon fans were impressed Friday night with our offense.  However, the defense was a different matter all together.  Dresden had less than 150 yards of total offense. 

Look forward to watching the game Friday night in Mckenzie.  May go early and go eat Bar-B-Que at Bob's.  ;)

825754889[/snapback]

Bob's sure has some fine BBQ. Heck, we packed out Wimpie's at Greenfield last Friday nite. Ya'll can pack out Bob's this week. Who know's, I may eat there too?

Up untill the last couple of weeks I felt this game might well be a blowout with the Rebels on the short end. But, it is starting to look like it MIGHT be a decent game. The Rebels are young in important areas but, seem to be getting better at those positions. So far, they have played some good ball but, they need to come to play 4 quarters this week. I surely don't expect a defensive struggle. This one could end up with a three digit total score!!!!!!! I hope not but, it could.

V&T1,

Vols stunk---Titans rolled and, I agree with all you said about the Rebels. The Rebels have to play their best game of the season so far next Friday night to hang with Htown. And all 4 quarters at that. We have a very few that are not leaving it all on the field and that won't get it done. I do believe that the offense is doing a good job most of the time now and NOW is the time to get serious.We will find out Friday night what still needs fixing to make the run at the region championship in the last half of the season.

We have some big tests in the last 5 games and our game with Huntingdon will be a good test to see where we need to get ready for it. UC is for real and Lake Co. is too I think!? They have been kind of up and down a little it seems. But, these two should be the teams we have to beat to play at home the first game of the playoffs!!

I don't want to look that far ahead right now though. This weeks game is a game for pride. We really need to play well. I just hope the players behave. There will be some feelings in the game as always but, now that we have one of their transfers here, it could get a bit out of hand. I only remember one other time that happened and that game got a bit ugly right away. You might remember that one too when Newsom transferred here. I've not yet heard anyone say anything bad about Kegan at all though so maybe it will not turn into a problem. I sure hope not. This game always seems to be big enough as it is without additional influence.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V&T1,

One other thing that's on my mind is that we need the very best play selection on offense that we have had in a BIG game in several years. We have missed a lot of opportunities so far this season and we can't keep that up. Just my $.02 worth.

825755369[/snapback]

I agree. Every team we have played this year, has given us the quick slant but we only seem to hit when we need it. I say we throw it every time and make the 2 safetys come up and that should open up the top for a deep post and not just the sideline streak. Slant is there all night every night.

I agree.  Every team we have played this year, has given us the quick slant but we only seem to hit when we need it.  I say we throw it every time and make the 2 safetys come up and that should open up the top for a deep post and not just the sideline streak.  Slant is there all night every night.

825755399[/snapback]

:blink:

This game could be very interesting. Huntingdon's offensive line is a little weak, well maybe a lot weak and inexperienced and have not improved like some thought they might. Mckenzie's defense seems to be a little weak but their offense seems to be clicking on all cylinders while Huntingdon's defense is playing up to par. This game should be a close one!