Mckenzie Fan Base

ktrainfan

One thing I saw last week vs WC was we did not hit the quick slant enough to open anything up down the field.  WC safetys were giving 15 yards beyond the LOS.  When we finally hit the slant, Touchdown!!  I dont know what the guys in the box were looking at?  And I hope we worked on FB dive and trap this week in practice.  That was really the only running play they killed us on.  I thought Keegan and the O line did a nice job of running the football.

But the thing I liked seeing the most was Keegan Ball on the sideline.  I can't remember seeing a McKenzie w/ so much intensity on the sideline and trying to get the crowd into the game.  There is a young man that truly loves the game. 

VandT

825743853[/snapback]

V&T1,

:thumb: You're startin' to sound just like me on here!!!! :lol: Glad somebody besides me is wondering why not more slants and look ins. It's there for our taking and high percentage. Keeps the ball moving down the field!!!!!

Have to agree that Kegan is a spark plug on the field too.

Tough game tonight Rebels!!! Go get 'em!!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VandT,

Not that they need it, but Coach Short can only help out the Blue Devils. He is the man!! It was a little strange seeing him at the jamboree in Blue & White though!! WH is off to a rough start, but I think they will be fine & definitely make some noise in the playoffs.

By the way, my Uncle is David (Sonny) Byrd. do you or Duck know him?

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825743965[/snapback]

I've known Sonny Byrd about all my life!!!!!! He was just a bit (3-4 years) ahead of me in school growing up.

V&T1,

;) You're startin' to sound just like me on here!!!!  ;) Glad somebody besides me is wondering why not more slants and look ins. It's there for our taking and high percentage. Keeps the ball moving down the field!!!!!

Have to agree that Kegan is a spark plug on the field too.

Tough game tonight Rebels!!! Go get 'em!!!

825744522[/snapback]

You are right, the slants are there. Drew has such a lazer for an arm he can hit it every time.

VandT

HOW 'BOUT THEM REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

We were obviously playing against 16 players tonight all night and still put a country butt whoopin' on Dresden by a score of 44-34. Nobody in west TN expected that but, the Rebels came to play tonight. We still have some defensive woes to deal with but, the offense was on fire!!! Can't wait ot see the stats on this one!

Hayes had to be well over 400 yards passing. A couple of receivers had a career tonight. K-train had another big night and finally found the end zone a couple of times--a much deserved reward for the work he has done so far this season. My congratulations to all the Rebels tonight. the receivers did a great job too. The O line was much improved and the D line started showing signs of life late in the game. I may be able to talk again by next Tuesday or so!!!!!!!

Before our friends in Dresden get too upset with me, I will say that Dresden does have a very good and explosive offense. The Lions will hang some points on a lot of teams if they are taken lightly!!!!! Maybe tonight had something to do with the "If You can't run with the Big Dogs, Stay on the Porch" sign before the game that Dresden had??? McKenzie may be rebuilding but, we certainly aren't little dogs!!

Right now we're off the porch.

My mother is Sonny's older sister, Camille. She is several years older than he is, so you may not know her. Their younger sister Betsy is married to Benny Jackson's brother & Benny is married to the former Deborah Perry. She was a McKenzie graduate. Man, it is a small world!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825744626[/snapback]

I know everyone you named but, your mother. I may have known her and don't know it????

By the way, our Rebels made us proud tonight and hung 44 pts. on a good Dresden team. They are AA and we are A. We took 'em to the woodshed at a rate of 44-34!!!!! Not a lot of defense as you probably noticed but, BOTH these teams have offenses that can blow any average team out of the water!!

How did the Green Wave do tonight?

Edited by duckman38201

You are right, the slants are there.  Drew has such a lazer for an arm he can hit it every time. 

VandT

825744656[/snapback]

Drew was in hyper-mode tonight V&T1. When we talked at the half, he was just getting warmed up but the second half Drew kicked in. We tried some slants in the second half and completed some of them but the bullet/laser factor kicked in and the receivers couldn't hang on to them sometimes. Man, he was blazing them in there in the second half. The score should have been 50+ to 20 or so if the defense will come around.

The Rebels impressed me tonight and it seems they may be looking for another run into the playoffs. We'll have our work cut out for us but, I'll be able to talk again by about Tuesday and ready to go against Greenfield.

WooooooooHoooooooooo!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tha' Duck-------------Quack, Quack!!

Drew was in hyper-mode tonight V&T1. When we talked at the half, he was just getting warmed up but the second half Drew kicked in. We tried some slants in the second half and completed some of them but the bullet/laser factor kicked in and the receivers couldn't hang on to them sometimes. Man, he was blazing them in there in the second half. The score should have been 50+ to 20 or so if the defense will come around.

The Rebels impressed me tonight and it seems they may be looking for another run into the playoffs. We'll have our work cut out for us but, I'll be able to talk again by about Tuesday and ready to go against Greenfield.

WooooooooHoooooooooo!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tha' Duck-------------Quack, Quack!!

Duck,

I kept up w/ Drew's passing from the 2nd half on.  He had 219 at the half and needed 93 more to break his own single game record of 312 he set in 03.  He wound up w/ around 334.  He was holding at 298 for the longest time until he hit Rogers late in the game.  You are right, there were some dropped balls that could have put him close to 400.  Pruitt had a heck of a night also.  Keegan Ball, what can you say. Exciting to watch and explosive.  Good job O line!!!

Defense, oh my gosh.  We have got to learn to tackle and shut down the FB. 

I will be honest here, Dresdens turnovers played a major part in the game.  But good football teams take advantage and that is what McKenzie did.  I think we only punted 1 time. 

Officials, HORRIBLE on both sides!!!!  That is the worst officiated game I have ever witnessed. 

Good job Rebs!!!!!  Next stop:  WIMPYS in Greenfield!!!!

825745286[/snapback]

i heard my boy drew was throwing it last night

good job guys  keep it up

825745824[/snapback]

Drew had a really good game. The ever accurate ( :lol: ) Jackson Sun stats had Drew throwing @ 14 of 22 for 327 yards and one int. and 2 TD's . He also ran for a TD and had two TD passes nullified be the wonderful officiating crew we had in McKenzie last night.

I also have to give a heads up to Ktrain. He had a great game on offense and a good game on Defense. Kegan rushed the ball 31 times for 205 yards and 3 TD's. He also did an excellent job of helping protect Hayes on pass plays. The receivers showed the good hands they are known for as well. Actually, the entire offense deserves a thumbs up for last night. They are starting to come around really well. Liked seeing Drew not hesitate to pull the ball down and run it last night when the receivers were covered too!

The defense still has a way to go yet to catch up to the development of the offense but, did manage to cause some big turnovers in the game that made a huge difference in the tempo of the game. Our pass defense is seemingly our weakest area on defense right now. Coverages are way too soft. The D line needs to step up some more as well. Dresden got a couple of cheap TD's late in the game that made the score closer than it really was IMHO.

Keep working hard Rebels!!!!! We'll be right there behind ya'll all the way!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201