Brentwood vs. Smyrna

Bruin31NG

im gunna have to go out on a limb here and say that last year was a fluke considering the fact that brentwood was up 13-0 in the first quarter till sinclair went down which totally took the wind out of brentwood.  Im gunna have to go with brentwood 27 smyrna 13

825723855[/snapback]

I just want everyone to know that bwoodbruins is not anybody on Brentwood's football team....especiall Bruce himself. As a friend of his, I know he probably thinks whoever is writing this is grade A retarded, so don't blame him for anything. This is another example of a fan making a fool out of himself and being WAY too overconfident. One win does not prove anything, and all of us on the team know that. We just want to go out there and play hard against a solid Smyrna team..... bwoodbruins- give it a rest

P.S. I'd bet my money that bwoodbruins doesn't even go to BHS.....maybe a coacht prank?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this game will be much different than last year.  I think Brentwood's defense matches up very well against Smyrna's run oriented offense, and with the graduation of Charles Orona and Marsaleous Johnson, the scales could be tipped in the Bruins' favor.  All in all, everyone should expect a hard fought game between two solid teams.  My prediction:  24-14 Brentwood

825721541[/snapback]

Not bad analysis. I think you're right on target. Franklin scrimmaged laVergne and quite frankly I was surprised by the score last week. I remember last year the one back for Smyrna that ended up at UT just devastated Brentwoods LB's. They would come up to make the tackle and "ZIP"... that guy went 45 degrees right and left the Bruins tackling air! I thought he was much better than Coker at Antioch.

Also it sounds like(from scrimmage posts) Brentwood has a little better offense and in particular offensive line, than last year and can power the ball on Smyrna.

I anxiously await the score from this one....

Brentwood 31

Smyrna 10

Ps. Good luck Seth ...wear Smyrna's center out!!

Maybe I just haven't been reading around, but who is touting Brentwood so highly? The pundits in Williamson County who would know better than most have them as perhaps not making the playoffs. Now I'm surely not saying I think that, I'm just curious as to where you read they were picked to win the BlueCross Bowl since many don't have them winning Region 6-5A.

That being said, here we are with another Region 6 vs Region 4 battle and so of course I'll be pulling for the Bruins. I have a good feeling BHS will represent the BEST region in the state well on Friday night.

Brentwood 24

Smyrna 14

825723012[/snapback]

I believe that the coaching staff at Brentwood could take any group of sixth graders from anywhere in the state and in eight weeks have them good enough to make the playoffs in 6 5A. If you don't respect Crawford and Daniels ...who would you respect? (Rankin excluded of course)

I believe that the coaching staff at Brentwood could take any group of sixth graders from anywhere in the state and in eight weeks have them good enough to make the playoffs in 6 5A. If you don't respect Crawford and Daniels ...who would  you respect? (Rankin excluded of course)

825723984[/snapback]

I definitely respect ron Crawford....not only a fine football mind....but a fine man who loves the kids he coaches.

Not bad analysis. I think you're right on target. Franklin scrimmaged laVergne and quite frankly I was surprised by the score last week. I remember last year the one back for Smyrna that ended up at UT just devastated Brentwoods LB's. They would come up to make the tackle and "ZIP"... that guy went 45 degrees right and left the Bruins tackling air! I thought he was much better than Coker at Antioch.

Also it sounds like(from scrimmage posts) Brentwood has a little better offense and in particular offensive line, than last year and can power the ball on Smyrna.

I anxiously await the score from this one....

Brentwood  31

Smyrna      10

Ps. Good luck Seth ...wear Smyrna's center out!!

825723964[/snapback]

Those all important "scrimmage post' are great indicators for the season.

I look for a very close game and 2 completely contrasting styles.

I think Smyrna in the last 3 years has elevated its game to where it can play with the top teams on a consistent basis.

Smyrnas strength is probably its run defense and its offensive line.

We also have a junior tb that trnasferred from stratford that is a fast as Johnson was last yr. Johnson's brother is a sophmore receiver and lb. So if anybody thinks the speed is gone that would be incorrect.

The way I figure it Smyrna has nothing to lose they are an under dog on their own field getting ready to play a clininc bowl team with mr football at qb.

Smyrna is to young

Smyrna lost to many players

Smyrna isn't picked in anybodies top 10

Smyrna is picked to lose by 80% of coach t

Smyrna can't stop mccurdy

I like it! :angry:

By the way I know most Bwood fans don't agree with bwood bruins.

2 yrs ago at Smyrna we tailgated with bwood fans in their rv

last yr we had Smyrna and bwood folks at a friends house in walking distance to the school. So I know a lot of brentwood folks and so far it has been a good game to play each yr, going back to the best hs qb I have ever seen --------------------------not David Wolke but Bill Whittemore.

Those all important "scrimmage post' are great indicators for the season.

I look for a very close game and 2 completely contrasting styles.

I think Smyrna in the last 3 years has elevated its game to where it can play with the top teams on a consistent basis.

Smyrnas strength is probably its run defense and its offensive line.

We also have a junior tb that trnasferred from stratford that is a fast as Johnson was last yr. Johnson's brother is a sophmore receiver and lb. So if anybody thinks the speed is gone that would be incorrect.

The way I figure it Smyrna has nothing to lose they are an under dog on their own field getting ready to play a clininc bowl team with mr football at qb.

Smyrna is to young

Smyrna lost to many players

Smyrna isn't picked in anybodies top 10

Smyrna is picked to lose by 80% of coach t

Smyrna can't stop mccurdy

I like it! :angry:

By the way I know most Bwood fans don't agree with bwood bruins.

2 yrs ago at Smyrna we tailgated with bwood fans in their rv

last yr we had Smyrna and bwood folks at a friends house in walking distance to the school. So I know a lot of brentwood folks and so far it has been a good game to play each yr, going back to the best hs qb I have ever seen --------------------------not David Wolke but Bill Whittemore.

825724030[/snapback]

Oh CAT...you just HAD to remind me of that Whittemore kid and his favorite target Davenport. WOW.......I have seen Mc Curdy in the flesh and NO Whittemore is he.

I believe that the coaching staff at Brentwood could take any group of sixth graders from anywhere in the state and in eight weeks have them good enough to make the playoffs in 6 5A. If you don't respect Crawford and Daniels ...who would  you respect? (Rankin excluded of course)

825723984[/snapback]

I don't disagree with you at all. I certainly think they'll make the playoffs while there are others that don't. I was just curious as to where "BlueCross Bowl favorites" was coming as I hadn't seen that anywhere.

The Bruin coaching staff most definitely has my respect.

This is a game that everybody in region 4 and 6 had better watch because it will tell everybody alot about both teams that they will face later in the season.

Coach Ron Crawford is one of the better football minds in Tennessee. He does not coach a sloppy team.

As to the poster that has everyone upset, could it be a GIRL or someone light in the loafers? :angry: Because they evidently like someone ALOT! :D

Good luck to both teams!