Jefferson Co vs Mo West

JC4life

Rivalry game kicks off 1st week of the season this time, couldn`t be at a worst time for the Patriots. Jefferson Co is coming off back to back wins over Mo West, but is just a shell of those two teams. Mo West will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder after last years 28-7 dismattling at the hand of the Patriots. West will already have a leg up on the Patriots because of the exprience of playing in week 0. West returns a good amount of starters from last years team, including some former Patriots, while Jefferson Co goes into the game with 5 returning starters. How will Jefferson Co, a team made up mostly of sophmores in their 1st ever varsity game fair? Can Mo West carry over its momentum for last weak? Will the Jefferson Co line be able to open holes for McFall? Will West go into the game overconfident?

And the most important question of all, will the benches clear like the last meeting at West?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Morristown West will want to exact some revenge for the shellacking they took last year at the hands of Jefferson County. I heard some rumors about the off season exodus at Jefferson County - I have no idea how it has affected their team. Will the loss of Shiverdecker be a factor? I know that no one kid makes or breaks a team, but he certainly was a key with last years team (so it seemed).

The lineman who came over from Jeff is pretty big and seems like a nice enough kid - looks like he'll be able to contribute for MoWest.

JC, what can we expect to see next week? :angry:

GO TROJAN NATION!!

I'm sure Morristown West will want to exact some revenge for the shellacking they took last year at the hands of Jefferson County.  I heard some rumors about the off season exodus at Jefferson County - I have no idea how it has affected their team.  Will the loss of Shiverdecker be a factor?  I know that no one kid makes or breaks a team, but he certainly was a key with last years team (so it seemed).

The lineman who came over from Jeff is pretty big and seems like a nice enough kid - looks like he'll be able to contribute for MoWest.

JC, what can we expect to see next week? :ph34r:

GO TROJAN NATION!!

825721706[/snapback]

The loss of Shivy is pretty big, we`ve been having major trouble with the run game. Most of it doesn`t have to do with the guy at RB, but having a guy who can make big plays by himself is missed. I`m hoping Jeff Co puts up a good fight, the team should have no trouble getting up for the game thats for sure. What will happen on the field? Nothing is for sure, but West is one of the worst possible places for a group of inexperienced sophmores to open the season. If the eyes are glazed over during warmups it`ll be a long game.

i think the pats will have a long night if west runs the big fulback 'hale' behind #50 a lot! but im guessing woods will run two backs that will do ok. i think shivey going to alcoa has killed the offense for the pats, but the def will keep the game close, i predict the pats by 6! thumb

according to jc, they are starting mostly sophmore's and jr's on defense. we have 9 sr's on offense. i'm not saying anything by that, but if jeff wins it wont be cause we cant score. but best of luck to jeff this week! and i promise you no bench will clear, i as well as other sr's will not let it. but again good luck and we'll see you at burke toney at 7:30!

according to jc, they are starting mostly sophmore's and jr's on defense. we have 9 sr's on offense. i'm not saying anything by that, but if jeff wins it wont be cause we cant score. but best of luck to jeff this week! and i promise you no bench will clear, i as well as other sr's will not let it. but again good luck and we'll see you at burke toney at 7:30!

825722239[/snapback]

Good to see a post from an opposing player that doesn't feel they have to talk smack to his opponents. Saw you play at the Jamboree and your a beast. Hope you get the opportunity to show you game at the next level.

True we have a bunch of young players with this being their first Varsity game but I'm sure they will be ready to play. They have heard so much negativity without playing the first game they feel they have something to prove. There won't be any quit in them regardless of how the game goes.

As far as the bench clearing that happened 2 years ago with all those involved now graduated why would anyone continue to bring that up? You show class 50 by saying you won't let it happen! I guess Williams is fired up about playing his old team?

but best of luck to jeff this week! and i promise you no bench will clear, i as well as other sr's will not let it. but again good luck and we'll see you at burke toney at 7:30!

825722239[/snapback]

Nice classy comment. I hope we make it a game.

I don't think there is one single aspect of JC's offense that they can say,"here it is, stop us"....but if they mix it up, they do have enough talent to put some points on the board. It will take some short, ball control (throw on 1st downs) passes to loosen up most defenses in order for JC to run the ball with any consistency. Reliford helps make up for some of McFall's inexperience and could be the work horse. Don't be surprised if you see alot of the 1 back, with McFall in the slot. 3rd and 10 or longer will not be this team's strength.

The defense will not have many tackles for losses but they do have enough speed to take advantage of any mistakes. My biggest concern is that we don't get any pass rush and the QB has all day to throw.

My prediction is Motown 14-7 at the half and will win 35-14 due to JC's lack of depth. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by patriot pride

Should be a good game. The TROJAN NATION will be ready, and i pick MoWest to win....Hope the benches dont care.

825721657[/snapback]

the guy that you are talking about from jc is on the ground after mostly every play or just watching the play i doubt he will contribute as much as every one thinks he will