Jefferson Co vs Mo West

JC4life

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pats obviously need to oil some rough edge's, but otherwise looked like a pretty good team! the west bunch looked solid across the board! i just might have to eat a lil crow! and thats ok! i think my grandfather could have ran outside on the pats! they could not contain the outside at any time!! and im wondering, has the hale kid gotten into woods doghouse for some reason? #3 looks to be a descent athlete, but hale was ripping swain apart, and you hardly seen him do any damage last night? im thinking that next year will be his year, at least maybe he wont have to compete against_______________favs! the qb for west was outstanding! he has improved 100% from last year, and the line backing corps is some of the best around i think! and again i didnt see the big D-1 prospect #50 do much blocking? maybe he will start wrecking some havoc in the next couple of games? congrats to both teams for a clean game! only one neg point, why did the pats run on the field dureing the national anthem?????????? thumb

usa44 i wish u would quit badmouthing mo west high football because whatever u believe about us is most likely wrong unless u really were a former player in that case u apparently didnt listen to the good messages woods gives us everyday or were to stubborn to heed to them.... i just wish u would suit up or give me ure real identity and quit hiding behind your name because i would knock u out in flip flops... whenever and wherever and thats the real name of west football..

825725498[/snapback]

hey crums18! what an outstanding job you and your buds did at the linebacker trench'es against the pats! are you planning on hitin it at the next level? you should! i believe from watching you at fullback last year you would be one of the go to guy's this year, cause you certainly layed some people out! but now your laying them out on the other side of the ball! good game! and im anxious to see how the season unfolds for the trojans! ill be out of town for next weeks game. and i still see some things that woods needs to work on, but oh well, as long as ya win! and by the way, did ya ever figure out why #50 brought up james's name in the conversation? is their something i dont know about this kid? i figured since you and him mostly ran together last year, you maybe could fill me in on as to why he was thrown in the thread? good luck tough guy! thumb

I had decided to remain silent on Jeff Co football for a few months. My mother always said the old saying that if you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth shut. I have nothing but admiration for the select kids who have selected to play this year. I pretty much knew tonight would end with a Loss, as will most games I am afraid. However, I will continue to support the Pats and be in the stands each Friday night that I'm able. I continue to voice my disdain for Coach U and his staff, gameplan, etc. I think Jeff Co should make a clean break from him at the end of the season. The decision will probably not be questioned if the team ends up with the record that the majority of the fans are predicting. I have to say that I was pleased to see us actually throw the ball a few times tonight, though I think that we must choose a single QB if we want the passing game to work (this is due to a little thing they call chemistry). Otherwise, JC gave a great effort. We were undermanned and the experience advantage against us was quite evident, as it will be for the entire season I'm afraid. This can only help us in the future however. Two gripes I have about tonight. Both presumably coaching mistakes: one, Coach U should give up the onsides kicks, EVERYONE KNOWS ITS COMING. The opportunity cost of actually recovering one is outweighed tenfold by the good field position we continue to surrender. Two, I was ashamed to no end with the Patriots running onto the field during the National Anthem. I was almost physically sick with the sight and was on the way to the parking lot before I was convinced by friends that the blame probably shouldn't be put upon the players. Being Ex-military, I see no excuse for such rude behavior. If I were Principal or Superintendent, Coach U foreits his entire salary for the year. You do not, under any circumstances, disface the Anthem or the flag. Someone should let these kids know that what they were told to do tonight was horrific. While not their fault, they should understand that they were given an order they should have disobeyed. Shame on whomever made the call to do such a dredful thing. I pray that it was some sort of horrible mistake. Not many people gave much thought to it once kickoff rolled around, but I must admit that it has been in my mind ever since. Coach K, Coach Seals, etc. Where are you guys??? We need you now!!!!!!

Well the boys from JC played hard but in the end West wore us out winning 34-17. West was handed some pretty big gifts, which is something you can’t do against a good football team. The offense surprised me a little bit, I was happy to see us be somewhat balanced on offense. I think once the QB's and WR's start to gain some chemistry the passing game could become a force. Of course its hard to develop chemistry with 2 QB's splitting time. We had guys open all night but for some reason or another we weren’t able to capitalize. Defense got beat up pretty much from kickoff, Ewing ran wide to the tune of 169yds with 3TD's. Lack of size in the front 7 came back to bite us, West pretty much did whatever they wanted on the ground. Big props to the special teams, blocked a kick, long FG, 96yd kick return. Someone should mention to Coach U that the onside kick is getting to predictable, two tries, two great starting positions for West. Didn’t we open with an onside against Rhea Co last year?

825728708[/snapback]

Positives and negatives for the young pats

Positives

1) We found our QB last night in Long

2) Mcfall can take a hit and come back

3) Outstanding field goal kicker

4) Outstanding offensive game plan- Great play calling! Hats off coach!

Negatives

1) 0-2 on onside kicks- I was against the onside kicks last year (read previous posts) our defense is struggling way too much to give up 30 yards on the kick offs.

2) We lost containment all night long on defense.

3) Our defense looked unprepared, in general.

Is West really that good? Was West's offense good or was our defense bad? Was West defense really bad or was our offense that good.

Someone earlier was talking about how good the West linebackers played, I don't think so. In fact, the West LB's dropped three pics and had a huge personel foul.

Positives and negatives for the young pats

Positives

1) We found our QB last night in Long

2) Mcfall can take a hit and come back

3) Outstanding field goal kicker

4) Outstanding offensive game plan- Great play calling! Hats off coach!

Negatives

1) 0-2 on onside kicks- I was against the onside kicks last year (read previous posts) our defense is struggling way too much to give up 30 yards on the kick offs.

2) We lost containment all night long on defense.

3) Our defense looked unprepared, in general.

Is West really that good? Was West's offense good or was our defense bad? Was West defense really bad or was our offense that good.

Someone earlier was talking about how good the West linebackers played, I don't think so. In fact, the West LB's dropped three pics and had a huge personel foul.

825729162[/snapback]

Okay, First thing first..

JC4LIFE....If you have any connections into the coaching staff at JCHS, they should consider apologizing for thier entrance and continuing pre-game rally during the National Anthem. This is not an apology to the Morristown West group moreover an apology to the families of everyone from the 278th that comes from Jeff and Hamblen County, our State and our Country for the lack of respect and class they showed during the pregame festivities.

Besides that I saw some good things from this young group from JCHS during the game. I wish them the best.

18 Great hit on the kick-off.....go to WBIR.com prep Xtra and you can keep watching it.

65 almost had you a fumble recovery...Way to be alert keep it up.

50 Great game, great answer to USA44.

USA44- Your indepth analysis of the games is almost illiterate and nonsense. The depth and knowledge that you bring to these threads is almost as good as Dennis Miller hosting Monday Nite Football......We all know how well that went don't we.

This will be that last time I answer any of your comments.

Trojans - I say we start ignoring the comments from USA44 and let the record speak for itself. It is WAY to early to think of anything but Volunteer. So we need to focus..Let the critics say what they or he will and let him keep talking to himself. That should prove to be in interesting thread.

If you agree with what I have said, give me a GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great week of practice, see you at Volunteer.

alright .. thanks to everyone for the congrats on the hit .. but thats in the past and im not going to dwell on it because there are hundreds of upcomin snaps we still have to play and thats in the past . eventhough it felt better than ne thing ever... soo thanks .... to the pats... i thought u played really hard u never gave up eventhough we were all waitin for u too .. u never did ... which should be reconized... although we have had negative things happen in the past i believe both teams (players) showed real class during the game.... i dont no what the deal was on the national anthem soo i wont coment... but we at west have alot to learn on and much to improve the film will be a great tool to make us one step closer to championship caliber... especially on defense because if not for our offense .. the game wouldve been much closer... goood job O

usa44... thanks for the compliment and yes i will pursue a college particularly ne one that can give me a good education and let me play football... and my suggestion to u is just to keep coming to the games and pretty soon u will jump on the bandwagon like everyone else does, but we will never forget the things said about woods and the players... and before long we will hopefully find out who u are and understand your real motives....