Clarksville Northwest Vs. William Blount

CoachwhoKnows

Good luck to the Gov's and I hope OZ gets better, he a good player for WB.

I do not think WB will have that good of a season for two reasons. Playing kids both ways at 5A is silly and speaks to the coaching staff’s inability to develop depth. And this year’s class of seniors has just seen too many different coaches the past 4 years to have any type of momentum. I think things will get better under Coach Meadows, but it will take more than two years. Sorry Gov fans, I want better for you but none the less keep those heads high and good luck. I hope I am just plain wrong.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Southerland, go to weather.com and punch in maryville tennessee and go to the 10 day forecast and you will find out the weather for saturday! trust your instincts on how fast he is! Watch the film and develop your plan, you need nothing else!

825724605[/snapback]

Yes, he needs something else, confidence and experience. Looks for pity from his players when he makes defensive mistakes. Always quitting. Reads lots of football books and talks a good game too much. We'll see if he can implement and deliver a plan Saturday in his second debut as DC.

He did okay in his first debut as a DC in zero week but SC did run on NW. Saturday will tell the tale or we'll see if his head was swelled. WB won't give him any pity. They want to win. What will he say to his players afterwards?

A quote from TSU's new head coach to remember. In order to win, you've got to have a good defense. In order to have a good defense, you've got to have good LB's who can stop the run and good DE's who can pressure or contain the ball. If you don't have that, you don't win. We'll read about the outcome and wait for posted excuses.

Regardless of the outcome, KW has the LB's and DE's, but can KW revenge their losses to NW? Or Mac, is it one game @ a time.

What is the status of Osborne, and is #21 alright? Seems as a rival game such as Sevier Co. can drain a team emotionally. However, the bears must be good because the Govs looked impressive in their week 0 match up with them. Seems as if Saturday will be hot and humid in the mountains. Will the change of altitude affect the teams on a hot Saturday noon game?

The Govs started out like gangbusters scoring on their two opening drives making it look easy against the emotionally drained Sevier County Bears.  The Govs then intercepted a pass at their own 10 and ran it back to the Bear 15, but a block in the back nullified the return and pinned them deep in their own territory.  After stopping Sev Co the next possession, the Govs ran a punt back 95 yeards for a touchdown;however, it was nullified by a block in the back and once again pinned the Govs deep in their own territory.  After that, it was all Sev County.  William Blount was to never get back on track.  The Bears never gave up, and it paid off for the week zero victory.  From 14-0 to a 25-14 loss definitely put the Govs into an emotionally drained state as they prepare for Northwest this week.  An interesting note...How will playing a 2:00 Saturday afternoon game be a factor.  Can you say..........HOT!!!

825723359[/snapback]

William Blount is a very good team if either teams want to win they must stop all the stupid penalties and stop putting the ball on the ground. I cannot stress that enough turnover will most likly be the deciding factor in any game this one most defently if the Vikings want to come out on top they have to start tackling better and stop all the turnovers.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE VERY TALENTED TEAMS VS. A TEAM THAT IS YOUNG. WILLIAM BLOUNT IS LOADED WITH TALENT AND NORTHWEST IS YOUNG. BOTH TEAMS LOOK WELL BUT THE JAMBOREE IS OVER AND THIS IS WEEK ONE AND NOW IT IS TIME TO SETTLE DOWN AND PLAY FOOTBALL.

ANY INJURIES SUCH AS OSBOURNE FROM WILLIAM BLOUNT, ANY FROM NORTHWEST SUCH AS NEELY.

WHAT TYPE OF CONDITIONING HAS BOTH TEAMS WORKED ON THIS WEEK TO PREPARE FOR THE 2PM IN THE HEAT.