Fall Ball Mid-Tenn

zachsdad

I have a stupid question: Are these teams playing under different names & coaches? I thought that high school teams can't play or practice each other during the off season or practice with their coaches.

I'm not trying to nit pick or anything. I know of other teams that play together during the summer, only under a coach other than the high school coach.

I have a stupid question: Are these teams playing under different names & coaches? I thought that high school teams can't play or practice each other during the off season or practice with their coaches.

I'm not trying to nit pick or anything. I know of other teams that play together during the summer, only under a coach other than the high school coach.

825723648[/snapback]

They are high school teams under different coaches...perfectly legal.

The only problem a lot of us would have (smaller schools) is some of the girls playing basketball wouldn't be allowed to play softball, even though this is just conditioning time for the bball players.

825724318[/snapback]

That is a universal problem!

Okee-Dokee! Just wondering. It would be nice to have something like that around upper middle Tennessee. The only problem a lot of us would have (smaller schools) is some of the girls playing basketball wouldn't be allowed to play softball, even though this is just conditioning time for the bball players.

825724318[/snapback]

Our high school has played in a fall league for the last 8 years or so. The games are usually on Saturday or Sunday. Most are doubleheader leagues. We have played in Mt. Juliet...Hendersonville...Lebanon...Nashville. The experience is very valuable especially to younger players. We used that time to determine who the starters would be for the spring. Most teams in those leagues are larger schools with good pitching.

For the last five or six years William Blount has played in a Fall league in Knoxville. It has been great for the younger players, the Varsity players get to play when they can because several of them play Volleyball, Golf and have Basketball conditioning. Due to field problems the league in Knoxville didn't happen, but Blount county decided to have a league. There are 15 teams in the league, with a lot of schools that our area teams never get to play in the regular season. I think this is great, it can only make everyone involved better players and stronger programs.... thumb

Crazyvolfan, if you want it to happen in your area, it won't. If you work to make it happen it will. To many of us try to wish opportunities into realities instead of putting the effort into forming a league. If it would be of help to the girls in your high school, find some like minded people at some of the neighboring schools and see if you can set something up on an informal basis for this year. If it works, people will be looking for you in the future to see if they can join in. Don't believe me, look at the MTSCA and what they have accomplished in a couple of years.

Thanks for the comment about MTSCA!! It was taken a lot of people working for the same thing to make it happen but we feel like we are on the right page with the MTSCA. I will try and post soon some of the things that we are going to be doing this coming year. We have a big surprise for this coming year that I think people will like it!!