Union City

@38320

Union City has definitely got the talent to go all the way this year in single A...and in my opinion the coaching staff isn't to blame for the last two seasons of unsuccessful play...LEADERSHIP...that's what the Union City team has been lacking, but with the class of 2006 finally coming into its own...it doesn't look like that will be a problem this season. With seniors like Nate Coleman (RB), Chris Wardlow (RB), John Graham (FS), Brandon Burke (MLB), and Tyler Sherwood (QB) and other seniors...not to mention juniors like Dimitrius Braci (RB)... Union City is in line to finish FIRST in its Region. And they'll show their worth to every "Doubting Thomas" against Westview this coming friday... GO UC!

825724400[/snapback]

UC might win a state title this year, BUT they aint beating westview tomorrow night!! Sorry drum major but you will have to wait a few more days for a victory ;):rolleyes:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC is a contender, but has to handle the foes in their region (Lake County, West Carroll, McKenzie, Bruceton) before thinking about a state title. Plus, there are some very bumpy roads to a 1A crown this year - JCS, Trousdale Co and a few others. It's not a cake walk by any means.

Good luck to Coach Fishel and the Tornadoes tonight against Westview and all season!

I don't think anyone is overlooking UC. They have been a powerhouse in the past and this year's squad looks good. They have looked great in their scrimmages and Coach Fishel had the Tornadoes playing with confidence. It's good to see because i know Coach Fishel is a great coach. Things are looking up in Tornado country.

Bigwes, I agree with your pick.

825725994[/snapback]

Wes..It looks to me like Lake Co is the team being overlooked..I see in the Jackson Sun Dirty Dozen ,McKenzie is 10th and Union City is 12th...I didn't see Lake Co anywhere..I listened to the Trenton game and Trenton ran at will against Mckenzie...Trenton had about 16 first downs..McKenzie's offense can put up a lot of points but thier defense had better come together because Trenton has no where near the offensive weapons Lake Co has.. Not saying,we will beat Union City or Mckenzie but McKenzie'e defense will need to step up..I believe Mckenzie only had the ball about 4 or 5 plays in the 1st quarter...

Wes..It looks to me like Lake Co is the team being overlooked..I see in the Jackson Sun Dirty Dozen ,McKenzie is 10th and Union City is 12th...I didn't see Lake Co anywhere..I listened to the Trenton game and Trenton ran at will against Mckenzie...Trenton had about 16 first downs..McKenzie's offense can put up a lot of points but thier defense had better come together because Trenton has no where near the offensive weapons Lake Co has.. Not saying,we will beat Union City or Mckenzie but McKenzie'e defense will need to step up..I believe Mckenzie only had the ball about 4 or 5 plays in the 1st quarter...

825729216[/snapback]

I agree that Lake Co. is the overlooked team where the Jackson Sun is concerned but, they are famous for overlooking good teams in this area! Trenton did give us Rebels a hard time on the ground last night using up a ton of the clock with 10 minute drives,etc. The Rebel defense showed sign of improvement in a lot of areas though. The Rebel defense is unexperienced and undersized up front and it will take them a little time to come into their own. Trenton did run against us but, it wasn't easy for them and they were much bigger than us and pretty quick in the line!!!!! It wasn't a killing for Trenton last night: 9 to 8 at the half and 16 to 8 final. Trenton scored with about two minutes to go in the game to put it away (sort of).

I will agree that Lake Co. is probably better than Trenton though. Just pointing out that Trenton didn't exactly run over us last night. They just have a ball control offense and we were playing in a swamp too.

I agree that Lake Co. is the overlooked team where the Jackson Sun is concerned but, they are famous for overlooking good teams in this area! Trenton did give us Rebels a hard time on the ground last night using up a ton of the clock with 10 minute drives,etc.  The Rebel defense showed sign of improvement in a lot of areas though. The Rebel defense is unexperienced and undersized up front and it will take them a little time to come into their own. Trenton did run against us but, it wasn't easy for them and they were much bigger than us and pretty quick in the line!!!!! It wasn't a killing for Trenton last night: 9 to 8 at the half and 16 to 8 final. Trenton scored with about two minutes to go in the game to put it away (sort of).

I will agree that Lake Co. is probably better than Trenton though. Just pointing out that Trenton didn't exactly run over us last night. They just have a ball control offense and we were playing in a swamp too.

825729428[/snapback]

DUCKMAN..I'M NOT SAYING LAKE CO WILL BEAT YOU GUYS WHEN WE PLAY..MZKENZIE MAY BEAT THE PANTS OFF US..EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT HAYES AND WHAT THE MZKENZIE OFFENSE CAN DO..BUT IF MZKENZIE CAN'T GET THE OFFENSE THE BALL,THEN HAYES CAN'T DO ANY DAMAGE..BUT,THE SEASON IS STILL YOUNG AND YOUR DEFENSE MAY GET BETTER AND BETTER...OUR TEAMS ARE PROBABLY A LOT SIMILIAR..A KEY INJURY TO A COUPLE OF OUR PLAYERS COULD BE DISASTROUS..U.C. MAY PUT IT ON US THIS WEEK BUT HOPEFULLY ALL OUR TEAMS WILL BE SUCCESSFUL THIS YEAR..I BELIEVE AS LONG AS WE ALL STAY IN THE 1-2-3- SPOTS WE MAY BE OK IF WE ALL MAKE THE PLAYOOFS,WHICH ARE A LONG WAY AWAY..I BELIEVE J.C.S. IS BY FAR THE BEST TEAM IN THE OTHER DISTRICT AND WOULD LIKE ANY OF OUR TEAMS' CHANCES AGAINST THE OTHER TEAMS IN THR J.C.S. DISTRICT..NOT SAYING WE WOULD WIN,BUT I BELIEVE ALL OUR TEAMS WOULD HAVE A GREAT CHANCE,EVEN IF OUR 3RD SEED WERE TO GO AGAINST THEIR #2 SEED...WHILE WE KEEP TALKING ABOUT L.C.,U.C.,AND YOUR REBELS..WE MAY OUGHT TO BE WORRIED ABOUT WEST CARROL AND BRUCETON ALSO..GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS

Edited by mrbigster