mike who

oj25

HVWarrior, if I remember correctly, the last time that the Landers and the Warriors played was at Happy Valley. So answer me one question. When the next year come, why wouldn't Cloudland want to play at home since it would be their turn to host the game. Please give me some more excuses on why Happy Valley wouldn't play Cloudland, even though everybody else in the county knows why.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo, Cloudland still are tougher mentally than anyone else they step on the football field with. I used to disagree with these guys, but I'm afraid that they are right. Cloudland football players have had the same toughness since 1980, and Gary Keith has been a dedicated Cloudland Highlander for 25 years. He may not have the football smarts that J.C. and Mike have, but by golly he know where his roots are and he bleeds blue and gold. In fact, I could never imagine after wearing a Lander jersey, putting on a Bulldog or Viking jersey. They are not as royal a people as we are. When you talk about Cloudland football, you talk about greatness that can't be duplicated. We will stomp and beat the Hampton bulldogs into the ground where they deserve to be. Ole J.C. reminds me of that Gollum off of Lord of the Rings. He wants his precious, but he will never get it. Every championship deserves to be in Roan Mt. We work harder, we walk taller, and we talk better. Thats what Cloudland football is all about. Always doing things better than everyone else. Thats why everyone else was in the street on their knees when the Lander bus came rolling through to Murfreesboro. Even one of Hampton's players admitted that everyone on the Bulldog squad thought that they were better than what they really are. Well, my friends, week ten will tell the tale. Here the Landers are!! Come! Jump on it! And see how tough you really are!! Whoo!! :P

I am from Hampton and I will agree that the Bulldogs are slightly overrated. I said the Bulldogs were overrated, not downright awful.But there is no way that they will get beat by any teams in this region. This is the worst region in the state of Tennessee. If you will remember, in the past decades Cloudland was not to good. They were just a team for good teams to practice against. Granted, there have been 3 or 4 good players and winning seasons, but for the most part, they have just been practice dummies. Cloudland's time has done come and gone, but the way that I hear it, they will be tough again in about 3 years with these junior high kids now. And if Hampton for some odd reason don't win the conference, I hope Cloudland does, because Hampton and Cloudland usually stick together on stuff concerning sports in Carter Co. Sometimes it feels like to me that it is the Landers and Bulldogs vs. the Cyclones, Warriors, and the Creekers. But Cloudland will not beat Hampton this year. It is Hampton's year to reign.

King, dude, you either left something on the field or you never even had the guts to play football, that why you can't move on. Talking crap about Hampton, it's coaches and it's players only makes you look weak. Lunsford left dude, get over it. He's with us now, he may move on again, but we will just enjoy the time we had. No hard feelings, everybody knows that Hampton belongs to JC Campbell for as long as he wants to have it. When Hampton plays Cloudland on week 10, both teams will give 110% (the same as both teams did last night, with Hampton taking a loss and Cloudland taking a win), other games don't mean crap in week 10. If Hampton has to sit back and watch Cloudland in the play-offs, we will root for them, and I'm sure they will do the same for us. Nobody needs your crap, the players have enough pressure without having to live up to a bunch of trash talk, poured out by someone that won't even be wearing a jersey on week 10. Dude, I wish you the best of luck with your problem.

I,m not to sure Hampton is overrated, first of all,they played a tough opponent , outgained them through the air and on the ground,made some very correctable mistakes.,had a very costly fumble. They did,nt play near their potential in the first half but they dominated in the second except for one big play. Hampton has all the peices to be really good,the coaching staff will address the areas of need and by week ten,they will be hard to handle. Lets not count the bulldogs out right yet. People also needs to understand that J C Campbell is the head coach and Mike Lunsford hired on to assist him. Mike really likes it at Hampton and I,d say he will be there for quite some time.

I think it's a safe guess that Hampton and Cloudland will both have very good seasons. Johnson County is a pretty good football team, and as pujo said, there were some "very correctable" mistakes; and they will be corrected.

I don't think it's fair to say that Mike Lunsford left Cloudland ONLY after the talent pool dried up, especially when considering that he tried to come to Unaka just before Mark Byrd's sophomore season; the year Cloudland went to Murfreesboro. There was plenty of talent at Cloudland then, right?

I wouldn't venture to guess how things might be come week ten, but it's certainly going to be a very interesting and competitive game.

....and King, stay in touch. thumb

Amen brother, Mike who?

The Lunsfords leaving has been the best thing for CHS. I am glad he is gone. He was no caoch. Just had great talent. The only year he didn't have talent he won two games. We have a good coaching staff and many more boys want to play since mike is gone. The way the Jr High team is looking I wouldn't be surprised if mike will want to come back to CHS after this year.And I would hold the ring size for state champs Hampton. There shall be no turkey day play for you cause the turkey will be roasting in Roan Mountain baby.

825728817[/snapback]

I dont know what uall's problem is, Mike Lunceford did more for cloudland than anybody has done he is a heck of a coach and a good guy, and i wonder why none of you people support hampton at all we supported you all when you had good teams it's not like you people are like the creekers or anything but youre gettin there running your mouths.

when u redo contracts, u dont necesarily go home-away-home-away-home-away, sometimes a team ends up playing two in a row at home. my jr and sr years hv played west greene away. thats just because of renewing contracts. we only had 4 home games, cloudland declined an offer to play at hv so we took north greene instead. it wasnt the better game, but u have to be fair to the fans and players. i took pride in playing on my home field and as much as i wanted to play cloudland, i wasnt gonna sacrifice my last home game for it.

I think it's a safe guess that Hampton and Cloudland will both have very good seasons.  Johnson County is a pretty good football team, and as pujo said, there were some "very correctable" mistakes; and they will be corrected. 

I don't think it's fair to say that Mike Lunsford left Cloudland ONLY after the talent pool dried up, especially when considering that he tried to come to Unaka just before Mark Byrd's sophomore season; the year Cloudland went to Murfreesboro.  There was plenty of talent at Cloudland then, right? 

I wouldn't venture to guess how things might be come week ten, but it's certainly going to be a very interesting and competitive game.

....and King, stay in touch. thumb

825730127[/snapback]

Krichunaka, where have you been my friend. Its me, playing the bad guy as usual. Its fun toying with these boys emotions. :)

west greene is a conference opponent u nimwit. we had no choice but to play them and when it comes to home games, conference opponents get their choice before out of conference. this year would have been another good opportunity to play cloudland since hv and etown split, but again, cloudland wanted home and so did hv. either way, it wasnt chs turn to host the game. it was time to renew the contract and during that period, it is no teams turn to host. if an agreement cant be reached, the new contract is thrown out. hv wont drop hampton, unicoi, or johnson county to pick up cloudland. the only chance for hv and cloudland to renew its rivalry is either for hv to pick up a 6th away game(hv is AA while cloudland is A, its not gonna happen) or cloudland to give in and give hv the first of the home and home. id love to see hv play cloudland, but its more about politics and money than "fear of the opponent" so quit giving urself the big head.

Krichunaka, where have you been my friend.  Its me, playing the bad guy as usual.  Its fun toying with these boys emotions.  :D

825730968[/snapback]

First: When's the WEDDING? I might wanna make one last pitch. :lol:

Secondly: Please tell me you don't think your sister can break that guy's (whoever he is) records (from the Unaka - Hurley thread); though it's been a long time coming - - - 32 years at last check.

....and from what I heard, it was a very wise move to hold Charles Lee Guinn out at Hurley. The injury - and it's not to his ankle like the Star has been reporting - is of the nature, that if it isn't completely healed, he could do some severe damage if he plays on it.

....and to answer your question: We've been showing a lot of cattle in Greeneville, Murfreesboro, Franklin, etc; been doing very well.

....and I've been very negligent with the sportsedit website. If I don't generate more stories (from folks like you), and improve the Message Board, the website will be history ....even before "that guy's" Rushing Records at Unaka are broken.

Tell your much better half and her brother HELLO!