TENNESSEE HIGH at ELIZABETHTON

GLee

I played on the team last year so i know.

I also know that betsy isnt as good as they were last year. So unless they play a no mistake perfect football game the outcome will not be close

825733441[/snapback]

Betsy has made way too many fatal mistakes in it's first two games, for sure. And I agree that the same amount of mistakes will cost them the game. I just feel that they have put most of that behind them and that their first two games have 'grown' them. Do you feel that playing VA. High has 'grown' your Vikings? It won't take a perfect game, but dang near one for either team to win.

It's good that both teams have such supportive fans. Come on over a take a look see and we'll see how it comes out. We are happy to host a quality opponent such as TN High.

I'll stand tight though.....20-14 Cyclones :thumb:

CB, SH stats from the paper

vs. Cyclones

SH rushing 38-221

Sh passing 7-15-1 92 yds

I don't have DBs handy, but they were 4-13 passing for less than 40 yards and had around 225 rushing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betsy has made way too many fatal mistakes in it's first two games, for sure. And I agree that the same amount of mistakes will cost them the game. I just feel that they have put most of that behind them and that their first two games have 'grown' them. Do you feel that playing VA. High has 'grown' your Vikings?  It won't take a perfect game, but dang near one for either team to win.

I'll stand tight though.....20-14 Cyclones :thumb:

CB, SH stats from the paper

825733580[/snapback]

I don’t see the Cyclones scoring 20 points. In two games they’ve barley scored half that. Do you think the Vikings defense is going to be any less of a challenge?

You are right when you say “this isn’t as strong a team as the Vikings of 05”. But let me tell you … their O still possesses the potential to strike on any given play. One thing the Vikings didn’t loose in comparison to last years team is SPEED on both sides of the ball! They are stride for stride as fast as last year’s team if not faster!!! I just don’t see Elizabethton being able to keep up the pace.

Jeffers is good … but we all know that and every opponent will be prepared to deal with him. Unless they come up with another weapon don’t expect to surprise or run up big scores on any of the ML teams.

I see a hard fought game coming up (especially for the first quarter and a half). But the Vikings will catch their stride and pull away from the Cyclones.

Vikings 24

Cyclones 13

What the Virginia High game did for the Vikings is give them confidence and momentum going into their first conference game. I would much rather be going into a big game being 1-0 as appose to 0-2 regardless of who my opponents were. What kind of reverse psychology is that?? These are kids … to them losing is losing!

I don’t see the Cyclones scoring 20 points. In two games they’ve barley scored half that. Do you think the Vikings defense is going to be any less of a challenge?

You are right when you say “this isn’t as strong a team as the Vikings of 05”. But let me tell you … their O still possesses the potential to strike on any given play. One thing the Vikings didn’t loose in comparison to last years team is SPEED on both sides of the ball! They are stride for stride as fast as last year’s team if not faster!!! I just don’t see Elizabethton being able to keep up the pace.

Jeffers is good … but we all know that and every opponent will be prepared to deal with him. Unless they come up with another weapon don’t expect to surprise or run up big scores on any of the ML teams.

I see a hard fought game coming up (especially for the first quarter and a half). But the Vikings will catch their stride and pull away from the Cyclones.

Vikings 24

Cyclones 13

What the Virginia High game did for the Vikings is give them confidence and momentum going into their first conference game. I would much rather be going into a big game being 1-0 as appose to 0-2 regardless of who my opponents were. What kind of reverse psychology is that?? These are kids … to them losing is losing!

825733664[/snapback]

I agree 100%

Vikings 24

Cyclones 13

825733664[/snapback]

A loss is a loss, no doubt. But common sense tells you that playing better competition will make you better. No psychology, just facts. Win or lose, I think Coach PLess did the right thing to schedule some real competition before heading into the conference schedule.

The Vikings are a class opponent, but I think the Cyclones are a quality 4A team in this area also. I agree, it will be a hard fought game and will be entertaining, but I don't see Elizabethton wearing down in the 4th qtr. Then we will all have to deal with South, North, J. County, etc.

As far as being able to "strike on any given play", well, that's the whole idea. Score more than you opponent. We feel the same. I look for a low scoring game, but hey, I've been wrong before.

Come on down. Showtime 7:30PM Friday.

A loss is a loss, no doubt. But common sense tells you that playing better competition will make you better. No psychology, just facts. Win or lose, I think Coach PLess did the right thing to schedule some real competition before heading into the conference schedule.

The Vikings are a class opponent, but I think the Cyclones are a quality 4A team in this area also. I agree, it will be a hard fought game and will be entertaining, but I don't see Elizabethton wearing down in the 4th qtr.  Then we will all have to deal with South, North, J. County, etc. 

As far as being able to "strike on any given play", well, that's the whole idea. Score more than you opponent. We feel the same. I look for a low scoring game, but hey, I've been wrong before.

Come on down. Showtime 7:30PM Friday.

825733759[/snapback]

I know Virginia High may not be DB, but they were Tennessee High's toughest competition last year in the regular season. They had quite a bit returning this year.

I've seen both teams play in their opening games and I'm gonna have to go with THS on this one. Maybe they can open the playbook a little more this week.

Tennessee High won't wear down in the 4th though. They have too many players that are playing at the skill positions and the whole team is very well conditioned.

I played on the team last year so i know.

I also know that betsy isnt as good as they were last year. So unless they play a no mistake perfect football game the outcome will not be close

825733441[/snapback]

The Cyclone time this year is actually a lot better. It always takes Eliz. a couple games to get rolling, just like they did last year. But last year's teamwas not as talented as this year's team.

The Cyclone time this year is actually a lot better. It always takes Eliz. a couple games to get rolling, just like they did last year. But last year's teamwas not as talented as this year's team.

825734089[/snapback]

In what way do you feel this years Cyclone team is better than last year?

In what way do you feel this years Cyclone team is better than last year?

825734293[/snapback]

We can chat on here, but the true test for both teams comes Friday night. Whether it trully paid to play tougher competition as a lead in to the conference will be told then. I think there will be a pay off and you don't. We'll agree to disagree.

Respectfully, good health to your team. :D

We can chat on here, but the true test for both teams comes Friday night. Whether it trully paid to play tougher competition as a lead in to the conference will be told then. I think there will be a pay off and you don't. We'll agree to disagree.

Respectfully, good health to your team. ;)

825734404[/snapback]

I think I asked a legitimate question that has nothing to do with whom either team has played. I’ve heard many of the Cyclone fans come on and say that “this years team is better and more talented than the o4 team”. My question AGAIN to any of you is IN WHAT WAY???!

I do agree that playing stronger competition will help you rise to that competitive level (that rings true in almost anything). I’m not sure I would schedule 3 of the toughest teams in the region right of the bat before your team has a chance to get their feet under them. At the end of the day it still comes down to WINS and LOSSES no matter how you try to rationalize it. Look at Maryville … they could easily be a top contender at the state level in the 5A division. But they choose to beat up on all us 4A schools year after year. Do you think they are worried about “playing tougher competition to make them better”? NO … they want that Gold ball year after year!! THAT’S the measuring stick!!

I’m looking more at the human side of it. “This will only make you better” isn’t going to be a good enough excuse for your players IF they lose their third in a row. Do you think getting beat up early in the season last year prepared you to get beat up at the end of the season. :D:lol::thumb:

I’M SORRY … I couldn’t resist. :(

Good luck Friday … it will be an exciting game I’m sure.

Maryville is a legit 4A school, that is why they are still there...they played their big geographic rival in Alcoa (a preseason favorite in their classification, with three players who have committed to D1 schools) last week and won...Betsy has done the same the first two weeks, in that, they played geographic rivals...they played well, but didn't get the "w"...they are a good team...Tennessee High played their big geographic rival in Virginia High...didn't seem to be much competition, the Vikings are that much better that Va. High...this Friday should be a quite interesting game...

Roll Tribe Roll