Jefferson Co. at Morristown West - Pregame

Dippy944

As much as I'd like to let it go, I just cannot. Seeing Jefferson County's team run onto the field during our National Anthem was in very poor taste. I was stunned to actually watch it happen and I think it was an insult to the many soldiers and family members/friends of the 278th who are a part of both Jefferson County and Morristown / Hamblen County.

I'd like to know what Coach Euvenard was thinking and hope he will use better judgement in future games.

did you ever think that it could have been an accident? i was actually involved in the incident if that tells you anything. what amazes me is you think ANYONE, anywhere would ever think of doing such a thing intentionally? coach euverard is a class act, and a good person, and would never deliberately disrespect America. you should also talk to the folks at mo. west and ask them to consider announcing the national anthem before they begin to play. it is not a question of coach u's character or judgement...somebody made a MISTAKE, and there is absolutely no need for you to start a thread about this just to cause a scene.....GET OVER IT.

Whether anyone realizes it or not... it is extremely difficult to hear anything being announced when you are a player and i'm sure it was not done intentionally. Also, I'm pretty sure I heard on the 94.1 Morristown station that the PA at the stadium wasn't working until later in the 1st quarter. So maybe this subject should just be dropped.

did you ever think that it could have been an accident? i was actually involved in the incident if that tells you anything. what amazes me is you think ANYONE, anywhere would ever think of doing such a thing intentionally? coach euverard is a class act, and a good person, and would never deliberately disrespect America. you should also talk to the folks at mo. west and ask them to consider announcing the national anthem before they begin to play. it is not a question of coach u's character or judgement...somebody made a MISTAKE, and there is absolutely no need for you to start a thread about this just to cause a scene.....GET OVER IT.

825730003[/snapback]

Jefferson County was in the north end zone behind the Morristown West band - I find it hard to believe they did not realize the band was only halfway through the National Anthem. The entire stadium was quiet (other than the band). The announcement had been made about the anthem and the Jefferson County fans were focused on the American Flag as well.

As far as a question of charecter or judgement, it was a simple question to hope it did get someones attention and hope that "mistake" would not happen again and maybe hear an explanation. This isn't about one team against another or trying to make a scene. I was embarrassed for the team and anyone else in attendance who may have been offended their action.

My thread has served it's purpose and has raised the attention to what happened - hopefully not seeing a repeat performance. I'll be happy to drop the subject, but will certainly not just "get over it".

Semper Salus.

As much as I'd like to let it go, I just cannot. Seeing Jefferson County's team run onto the field during our National Anthem was in very poor taste. I was stunned to actually watch it happen and I think it was an insult to the many soldiers and family members/friends of the 278th who are a part of both Jefferson County and Morristown / Hamblen County.

I'd like to know what Coach Euvenard was thinking and hope he will use better judgement in future games.

Have you heard of an honest mistake? Believe it or not but when you are on the field you really don`t pay much attention to what is going on anywhere else.

Bad timing.....YES

Intentional........NO