DB vs Bearden

geronimo

Hey guys! Whew, I had to get off the DB/South site.......we're getting petty and I do believe both the Indians and Rebels have a game coming up this week....so let's wish em both good luck.....and

I hear that Bearden has a good solid football team both ways. What do you all say that we use a different strategy on offense to give our defense some needed rest. Maybe........let all of our talented backfield see some carries and then they could play both ways without dying. I know Coach GC is a little shaky in his confidence for his offense....but last week about got 2 quarterbacks killed. Maybe if we mixed it up and three last weeks short passes and let Bennett, Burnette, Creech, Maxwell, McNew, and most certainly Bingham and Pappas carry the ball.....Burton's runs would be more of a surprise for the opposing team.

What are you fellers thinking?

Best of luck to Sam McCord for a speedy recover.....you're a trooper!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happened to Clark anyway? He has gone from one of the best play calling/game plan coaches to one of the worst. If you look back, it all started last year. Mostly in the Oak Ridge playoff game. Probably the worst game plan I've ever seen him have. And what was up with not using McMillin in that game, or for not using him the whole season for that matter. Back to this year. To start with, Elizabethton will be lucky to win 2 games this year, so beating them was no great feat. DB looked terrable in that game. South is a decent 4A team at best, and they would lose to Maryville 70-0. So beating them was no great feat either. Play calling by Clark was a complete joke. Even the head cheerleader would of known running the QB every down was not going to work. Burton, (18 carries for 45yrds.), I would think somewhere aroun the tenth carrie I would of figured it out. Oh and when you have the ball on the goal line, don't put in a 145lb. scat-back and run him up the middle. That was just plain stupid. (sorry, no other way to put it) Total offence/167yrds, and 5 first downs. DB should of had that in the first quarter.

Now I know Clark reads these forums, so let me see if I can help him out.

Put Burton at Qb, and actually give him some plays besides running every down. Put Creech at full back and Maxwell at halfback and let them run with it. Throw the ball to Rogers and Sensabaugh more than once a game. Give McNew the ball a couple times behind the starting line and see what he can do. Dust off that playbook you used a couple years ago and see what happens. You know the one, its marked "High School Play Book"

Now everybody go ahead and blast me for telling the truth.

WaCo :thumb: JaCo

What's happened to Clark anyway? He has gone from one of the best  play calling/game plan coaches to one of the worst. If you look back, it all started last year. Mostly in the Oak Ridge playoff game. Probably the worst game plan I've ever seen him have. And what was up with not using McMillin in that game, or for not using him the whole season for that matter. Back to this year. To start with, Elizabethton will be lucky to win 2 games this year, so beating them was no great feat. DB looked terrable in that game. South is a decent 4A team at best, and they would lose to Maryville 70-0. So beating them was no great feat either. Play calling by Clark was a complete joke. Even the head cheerleader would of known running the QB every down was not going to work. Burton, (18 carries for 45yrds.), I would think somewhere aroun the tenth carrie I would of figured it out. Oh and when you have the ball on the goal line, don't put in a 145lb. scat-back and run him up the middle. That was just plain stupid. (sorry, no other way to put it) Total offence/167yrds, and 5 first downs. DB should of had that in the first quarter.

Put Burton at Qb, and actually give him some plays besides running every down. Put Creech at full back and Maxwell at halfback and let them run with it. Throw the ball to Rogers and Sensabaugh more than once a game. Give McNew the ball a couple times behind the starting line and see what he can do. Dust off that playbook you used a couple years ago and see what happens. You know the one, its marked "High School Play Book"

825731774[/snapback]

No argument with a lot of what you said about the playcalling, but you're not giving Elizabethton or South enough credit IMO. As Science Hill found out, Betsy has an excellent defense and some offensive potential, and South is a very good 4A team IMO. No, I don't think they would beat Maryville, but they wouldn't lose 70-0 either.

Well I respect your opinion, but I'll stick to my guns. If Maryville stuck with their starters for three quarters I think they would beat South 70-0. They could of beat Tennessee High last year 100-0 if they had played their starters 3 quarters. You remember the "good" team Tennessee High had last year. I hate it but football is just very week up here in upper east tn.

Well I respect your opinion, but I'll stick to my guns. If Maryville stuck with their starters for three quarters I think they would beat South 70-0. They could of beat Tennessee High last year 100-0 if they had played their starters 3 quarters. You remember the "good" team Tennessee High had last year. I hate it but football is just very week up here in upper east tn.

825731821[/snapback]

well Waco, Im going to have to disagree with you. I think some of the best football in the state is played in the East. Just because DB had an off night doesn't mean the whole region is weak. Its week 3, things will change through the weeks to come.

What's happened to Clark anyway? He has gone from one of the best  play calling/game plan coaches to one of the worst. If you look back, it all started last year. Mostly in the Oak Ridge playoff game. Probably the worst game plan I've ever seen him have. And what was up with not using McMillin in that game, or for not using him the whole season for that matter. Back to this year. To start with, Elizabethton will be lucky to win 2 games this year, so beating them was no great feat. DB looked terrable in that game. South is a decent 4A team at best, and they would lose to Maryville 70-0. So beating them was no great feat either. Play calling by Clark was a complete joke. Even the head cheerleader would of known running the QB every down was not going to work. Burton, (18 carries for 45yrds.), I would think somewhere aroun the tenth carrie I would of figured it out. Oh and when you have the ball on the goal line, don't put in a 145lb. scat-back and run him up the middle. That was just plain stupid. (sorry, no other way to put it) Total offence/167yrds, and 5 first downs. DB should of had that in the first quarter.

825731774[/snapback]

Pretty good points! Better watch out though. Enough negative comments about DB (even truth) and somebody'll complain and have the whole thread removed from the board.

Pretty good points!  Better watch out though.  Enough negative comments about DB (even truth) and somebody'll complain and have the whole thread removed from the board.

825731913[/snapback]

It is one thing to offer constructive criticism and quite the other thing to denigrate the whole team. Learn the difference. Thanks Coach T for getting rid of that one!

Roll Tribe!