DB vs Bearden

geronimo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I see what part of the problem is here. Some people just can't read.

biglon68.....If you read my post again, "hopefully" you will see that I did not criticize the "16yr. old kids", but did criticize the play calling by Clark. And if I read your post correctly, you said it was ok to do that. Or that is at least what you did in one sentence.

mongolhorde....tu_fueta is a clown who should stick to church league basketball. Him calling me out is a joke.

Hey tutu_fueta, you wanna' meet down at the K-Mart parking lot. I've got a used car I need to show you :thumb:

I'm sure glad to see you guys getting back to what's important our INDIANS and the next game. I hope this weather doesn't hinder our practices.....I feel sure that G's new game plan will be a good one. I want to put out a special thanks to direwolf and the rest of "good guys" that realize our boys read this stuff and getting too personal is just plain vulgar. As you've stated, they're boys, trying to become men and the lessons on the field will surely be lessons enough without the junk that was printed by "12". They're young and hopefully improvements are always happenin'. One thing that does get my dander up......why is it fans always bring up OAK RIDGE? Wouldn't it be great if everybody that's jawing had our schedule. Come eat fish on Friday..........no, don't write back that we will be eating crow......roll tribe roll! :D

Wow, we have some really serious fans. First of all everyone has opinions but that doesn't mean you have to say it or in this case write it. If you ever played a sport then you will know where I am coming from on this. There are games that you are supposed to win, period. DB unfortunately has this label easch and every week. We are expected to beat South, Bearden, even Oak Ridge. The kids know this and the other team knows this. And when you as a team don't capailize on opportunities to put that team away it becomes a DOG FIGHT. That was the DB- south game. a dog fight. Which I believe we won. No matter the score we won. I will take a dog fight win mentality each and every week if that what it takes to win. Now, For this weeks game, I think the kids are ready we have a great group of young players, mostly juniors, who are in my opinion , going to be very great team before its all said and done. Bo is going to throw TDS and run in TDS and lead this team to victory more times than not. He did his job last week and I expect him to do the same this week. Is it a statement game I say no, if they win by 50 or by 7 I guarantee that these kids will play hard for 4 quarters.

And remember its just a game!

GO TRIBE

A quote from Graham Clark made to Ron Bliss (Tri-Cities Sports.Com) after the South game........Coach (Stacy) Carter and his staff outcoached us," said D-B coach Graham Clark. They outcoached me. But I thiught our kids fought hard and made just enough plays to win.

Unlike some people (tutu_fueta) Clark know's when he's been outcoached. And he will turn it around im sure. tutu however, will remain stupid.

anyone who saw the game against South would have to say that the Tribe was outcoached, and i agree with you in that the 'G-man' is the best coach in Indians history but he doesn't have to be beaten in the head to correct a problem. he'll make adjustments and carry us on to victory. Clark is one sly dude...........GO TRIBE! :D

Graham Clark ALWAYS takes the blame for losses. Google back to past D-B losses and you will read something like "It was my job to get the kids in the endzone and I didn't do it." He never throws them under the train in the paper.....never. I wouldn't put much stock in him simply being professional and graceful to the other coaching staff. When we win, he praises the kids and the coaches. When we lose, he shoulders it in the media.

I saw what I thought was a really good football game this past Thursday night...played hard, not always cleanly, but hard...little too much talking for my taste...but, it was an exciting high school game played in a great atmosphere...with tongue firmly planted in cheek I'll say I would have done things differently than both coaches...would have attempted to be more devil-may-care on offense with the Indians and certainly would have thrown the ball at least 5 times each to #43 & #1 on South's team (yes, I do know their names), too much talent to not attempt to give them the ball...but here is the deal - that game is over...D-B 7 South 6 (for those who missed the final score)

This thread is for D-B vs Bearden...and that is what should be talked about...Bearden has some new coaches that have brought a new attitude to the Bulldogs and they have some returning players, who played until the final whistle last year against D-B even after the game was well out of reach...the young man who was QB against D-B last year (he really impressed me last year, first with his effort and with his talent) Eric Pickle, was moved to RB late in the season last year and is back...Bearden's punter Reagan is still considered one of the best in the state (older brother was a holder @ UT)...this is a 1-1 Bulldog team that believes they can beat D-B and is coming to Kingsport to prove it...the Indians have played two very good teams and are 2-0...D-B has played outstanding defense in both games and has won the kicking game in both, as well...and that includes the return part of the kicking game...Bearden has had a stop on a 4th and one defensive stand against Cumberland County and has fumbled away momentum in a loss to Knox West...it is conference game #1 for both teams and a game to build upon the first two weeks for both as well...

I love my Indians and am very proud of these young men thusfar this season.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

I agree Graham is a great coach and leader. He never says anything negative about the team, opponents or the school system. He gives credit for the success to his team, fans and staff and never passes the buck when we come up short. His win/loss percentage on the field dims in comparison to the positive impact he makes on the young boys that will help them grow into responsible adults and prepares them to handle life like a man. This is priceless and why I hope he is still on the side lines when my son is old enough to be an Indian!