Gallatin vs. Hillwood

Verb58

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is the first ever game between these two teams...I know we haven't played them since 84 or so. This should be a tough game with the returning players Hillwood has back. Those Bellevue Steelers have made it to their senior year in school.

After Gallatin played it close to vest this past week I kinda look for them to open it up a little bit more. Dontaye Hall should be back in the game this week which will strenghten the secondary even more. It also won't hurt to have Juanez and Dontaye playing wideout to open up the run.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is the first ever game between these two teams...I know we haven't played them since 84 or so.  This should be a tough game with the returning players Hillwood has back.  Those Bellevue Steelers have made it to their senior year in school.

After Gallatin played it close to vest this past week I kinda look for them to open it up a little bit more.  Dontaye Hall should be back in the game this week which will strenghten the secondary even more.  It also won't hurt to have Juanez and Dontaye playing wideout to open up the run.

825730701[/snapback]

I too dont know enough to make a prediction, other than one with my heart. But I am curious about your reference to the Bellevue Steelers. My son grew up playing in that league as did many on this topper team.

I too dont know enough to make a prediction, other than one with my heart.  But I am curious about your reference to the Bellevue Steelers.  My son grew up playing in that league as did many on this topper team.

825731055[/snapback]

I used to work with Jared's Dad at a Consumer Electronics store in the Rivergate area. I am probably the only Greenwave fan he knows. I have met Jared when he was younger and those Steelers were like state champs or something. I just didn't think then that Hillwood would ever be a 5-A school so I didn't think we would have to worry about facing them. I know they were a real good group of kids and were hoping to keep the Privates away from the core players so they could stay together. Wonder how many stayed and how many left. Who knows maybe Mark and I can meet up at the Game.

HLHS...you must know something the rest of us don't. How is Gallatin going to score 21 points?!? I am like everyone else. I don't know enough about Hillwood to venture a guess. Gallatin had better open up some offensive imagination. 123 yards is not going to get it done in the region games. At least that is the yardage I heard on the Lebanon station on my way to work today. Just for grins I am going to throw out a 17-13 Gallatin prediction.

Facing the biggest line we will face all regular season will be a huge test for the Green Wave. Lebanon's was big but nothing compared to Hillwood's. Having a returning stud at runningback can only boister their chances at winning this game.

I will agree with everybody else in reguards to Gallatin. If we do not open up the offense, we will come nowhere close to scoring 3 or 4 tds. The passing game has got to be a part of the offensive scheme. This is not the 70's and 80's. You can't win the big ballgames by just running the ball. You have to pass. Even if you are dominanting the ground game, you have to practice the passing game. Those Williamson County teams run a completely different style then we do. They are explosive and can score at anytime. We have to be prepared. And yes, to answer your question, I do plan on being there!!

Once again I will say Gallatin will pull this one out. I did manage to catch a little bit of the Hillwood highlights on a couple news stations. Their line is without a doubt big, but they also didn't look as in shape as Gallatin's line. I did kinda miss the Lebanon score a little bit because I didn't know we would have ABSOLUTELY NO offensive imagionation. Three passing attempts is pathetic. There are kids in the mid-state leagues getting more passes off than that. But assuming that we do open it up at all, I think Gallatin's endurance and conditioning overshadow the huge hilltopper line. If Gallatin wants to win this one, they had better plan on scoring some points-because I know Hillwood is.