South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie Co.

country30

Maybe this will help. South Pittsburg has loads of speed. They have a descent defense. Their linebackers are pretty good. Defensive secondary is improved from last year. They are as a whole a better team than last year. They definitely have as much if not more team speed than anyone on their schedule. The line is young but are improving.

Edited by svcfan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU ARE RIGHT SVC FAN. ALREADY THIS YEAR I HAVE SEEN A TEAM THAT PLAYS MORE AS A TEAM EARLY IN THE SEASON THAT ANY TEAM IN THE PAST 5 YEARS. NOW THIS IS FROM A SIDELINE VIEW BUT I SEE A LOT OF POSITIVE THINGS COMING FORM THIS YOUNG AND SPEEDY TEAM THAT LOOKS PROMISING. IF SEQUATCHIE COUNTY BEATS SOUTH PITTSBURG I BELIEVE THEY WILL HAVE TO USE THEIR A GAME. SOUTH PITTSBURG WILL BE CHOMPING AT THE BITS TO LAY SOME HEADGEAR ON SOMEBODY BECAUSE THEY WERE OFF FOR A WEEK. INJUNS YOU BETTER BE READY CAUSE WHEN THE PIRATE SHIP SAILS INTO DUNLAP I FEEL THERE WILL BE SOME INJUNS WALK THE PLANK TO DEFEAT. SP BY 2 TDS.

I get it they are much better then in the past. But, with speed and an improved line why are some thinking this will be a low scoring game? I'm glad to hear that SP has gotten their football program back on track.

I am not trying to say SP will get blown out, cause I don't think it's gonna' be.

The thing is I am hearing such good things out of them that lead to high scores... speed, receivers and big plays. Can they score 40 points or more against a solid D like SC? Can their D hold a good offensive team like SC to 20 or less?

I would really like to hear from someone in the know.

SC in 2 games scored 76 points. Average 38

SC in 2 games gave up 14 points. Average 7

Now that wasn't against SP but it does point to a solid Offensive and Defensive team.

Edited by SCHSTribe

As far as South Pittsburg goes, someone was asking about the qb.  His name is Cody Robinson, and all I know he's a sophomore.  I don't know that much about him, I'm sure he has talent, and with a wide receiver like Antonio Robinson, he's going to make plays, but he's also bound to make mental errors too, because this is his first year starting, I believe.  I'm not positive on these things.  South Pittsburg does have a good team, but I think Sequatchie will probably pull out the win on this one.

825731557[/snapback]

Cody Robinson, a sophomore, is the qb. He has a very good arm, good mobility, and even more importantly, has been groomed for this job for at least the past six years. I don't see Cody making many mental errors. Even though this is his first year starting, he has actually played football with most of the starters since 8 under Little League. Sequatchie needs to be very careful when the SP blocking breaks down, Cody scrambles around, and big Antonio is running loose deep downfield. I still am hesitant to call this game. I know the fans who travel to Dunlap Friday night are in for a treat. Good luck to both teams.

Sorry SCHSTribe

My New Prediction

Sequatchie 68

South Pittsburg 65

825732349[/snapback]

Now thats funny :rolleyes: Nice comeback. Actually, I tend to agree with SCHSTribe. I also believe the game will be a little more high scoring than most predictions. I predict a 26 - 24 ballgame, with the winner being...........I just can't say.

I get it they are much better then in the past. But, with speed and an improved line why are some thinking this will be a low scoring game? I'm glad to hear that SP has gotten their football program back on track.

I am not trying to say SP will get blown out, cause I don't think it's gonna' be.

The thing is I am hearing such good things out of them that lead to high scores... speed, receivers and big plays. Can they score 40 points or more against a solid D like SC? Can their D hold a good offensive team like SC to 20 or less?

I would really like to hear from someone in the know.

SC in 2 games scored 76 points.  Average 38

SC in 2 games gave up 14 points. Average 7

Now that wasn't against SP but it does point to a solid Offensive and Defensive team.

825732470[/snapback]

You are on track SCHStribe....the Pirates have all the ingrediants to put these kind of points on the board, but the fact of the matter is that they are still very young. Penalties almost cost them the game against Greenback. They will continue to make young mistakes but their talent level is so high that they will find ways to win. For these reasons, this game will not be as high scoring as it should be. I came to Dunlap to see the Temple game since the Pirates had an off week. I was impressed by your teams ability to bury Temple once they fell apart. Your size up front was evident. Your line is much bigger than ours, but not as quick. Our secondary is much better than Temples, so even if you burst thru our line, I feel we can stop your running backs. It should be a hard fought, tough nosed game with us coming out on top..I say Pirates 27 Indians 20!! Good luck, though, I can't wait for the game. It stinks having an open game so early in the season.

You are on track SCHStribe....the Pirates have all the ingrediants to put these kind of points on the board, but the fact of the matter is that they are still very young. Penalties almost cost them the game against Greenback. They will continue to make young mistakes but their talent level is so high that they will find ways to win. For these reasons, this game will not be as high scoring as it should be. I came to Dunlap to see the Temple game since the Pirates had an off week. I was impressed by your teams ability to bury Temple once they fell apart. Your size up front was evident. Your line is much bigger than ours, but not as quick. Our secondary is much better than Temples, so even if you burst thru our line, I feel we can stop your running backs. It should be a hard fought, tough nosed game with us coming out on top..I say Pirates 27 Indians 20!! Good luck, though, I can't wait for the game. It stinks having an open game so early in the season.

825732759[/snapback]

If your DB's are having to make tackles on running backs, you're in trouble. Cain had 20 tackles vs S Pitt 2 years ago for Seq, only problem was he was playing safety and the score ended up something like 50-14.

If your DB's are having to make tackles on running backs, you're  in trouble. Cain had 20 tackles vs S Pitt 2 years ago for Seq, only problem was he was playing safety and the score ended up something like 50-14.

825732768[/snapback]

I remember that game vividly...Cain was a great player. I am not saying that our DB's are making all the tackles....I was just implying reference to the Temple game who could not make tackles once your RB's broke the line of scrimmage. Our LB's and DB's are much better than Temples, if it comes to that. Our line will make many tackles because of their speed and quickness...they will need to do alot of slants to get around your big guys. I noticed Temple just lined up nose to nose, and did not have the size of talent to compete.