Lebanon @ Lavergne:

fballjunkie06

tnsddeveloper,

You must have never went to a LHS game! All you have to do is listen to the announcer to hear how good they are. Come on, this is a "storied" program! Two third round playoff ventures in the last 25 years...not to mention all of the 8 and 9 win seasons and the "one and dones." The "good ole days" and those that remember them were the "bend but don't break defense" and "don't do anything to beat yourself offense" that would fall on its face in the playoffs because the opposition would score more than the patsies on LHS's schedule. How many region championships have they won? The last team to win a playoff game only won 6 regular season games. Bring back that staff and let's return to the "glory" years.

I will comment on the transfers to FCS...some I would suspect are wanting to be "the bigger fish in a smaller tank." I agree with you that a real program allows the players to have a life outside of FB and taboo as it sounds at LHS....play another sport.

I too am not a LHS grad even though I enjoy living here since the mid 80's.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tnsddeveloper,

You must have never went to a LHS game! All you have to do is listen to the announcer to hear how good they are. Come on, this is a "storied" program! Two third round playoff ventures in the last 25 years...not to mention all of the 8 and 9 win seasons and the "one and dones."  The "good ole days" and those that remember them were the "bend but don't break defense" and "don't do anything to beat yourself offense" that would fall on its face in the playoffs because the opposition would score more than the patsies on LHS's schedule. How many region championships have they won? The last team to win a playoff game only won 6 regular season games. Bring back that staff and let's return to the "glory" years.

I will comment on the transfers to FCS...some I would suspect are wanting to be "the bigger fish in a smaller tank." I agree with you that a real program allows the players to have a life outside of FB and taboo as it sounds at LHS....play another sport.

I too am not a LHS grad even though I enjoy living here since the mid 80's.

825733727[/snapback]

Actually and sadly enough, I have been to more Lebanon games than I really should admit. Remember, I played baseball at Cumberland - there is not exactly a lot of things to do on Friday evenings in Lebanon ... especially when I was a student there. The Thirsty Turtle wasn't even there yet! :thumb:

I agree. Some may want to be bigger fish. Some may want to better baseball exposure. Some may want a more structured, Christian-related education. They may want to escape the sess pool of Lebanon High. There are tons of reasons why a kid my transfer. I think it is funny how hypocritical it is when Lebanon fans get a transfer in and it's OK, but when a transfer (or multiple transfers) chooses to leave a fading program, the LHS faithfull have a heartattack and begin to point fingers.

Facts - Miller was not a starter for LHS when he left, Alsup was not a starter when he left. Fact LHS is not a Target school. Fact - Your boy Hunt was not rehired at LHS , Cookeville High , Beech High . Fact - No FCS football Player is a starter on a Football program in College. Lets wait and see! Fact you LHS critics on here do not know what you are talking about. By your post please respect your previous high schools and dont tell us where you went!!!!!!!!!!!! The player you are speaking about at Oakland is a good kid but has academic problems he is trying to fix. Fact- Hester returned to LHS from siegel and Grooms was not rehired at LHS. Who is the 2nd coach from SIegel?

Facts - Miller was not a starter for LHS when he left, Alsup was not a starter when he left. Fact LHS is not a Target school. Fact - Your boy Hunt was not rehired at LHS , Cookeville High , Beech High . Fact - No FCS football Player is a starter on a Football program in College. Lets wait and see! Fact you LHS critics on here do not know what you are talking about. By your post please respect your previous high schools and dont tell us where you went!!!!!!!!!!!! The player you are speaking about at Oakland is a good kid but has academic problems he is trying to fix. Fact- Hester returned to LHS from siegel  and Grooms was not rehired at LHS. Who is the 2nd coach from SIegel?

825733793[/snapback]

:thumb: Fact= Miller would start at QB if still at LHS and Tribble would play another position thats why Brown tried to talk him out of leaving.

:thumb: Fact= Alsup is a sophomore and would have started bothways next year as well as in OF for baseball this year. That's why Brown called him and asked him to comeback to football.

:blink: Fact= Which Baseball coach at LHS has been rehired at LHS in the past 5 years. You've only went thru 4 in 5 years.

:D Fact = No Lebanon Football players are currently playing Division I football (Tech and TSU are IAA) and Cumberland Football is well ..... Cumberland!

:thumb: Fact = LHS won't schedule FCS in baseball because of the fear of losing any good player to "the PROGRAM".

Facts - Miller was not a starter for LHS when he left, Alsup was not a starter when he left. Fact LHS is not a Target school. Fact - Your boy Hunt was not rehired at LHS , Cookeville High , Beech High . Fact - No FCS football Player is a starter on a Football program in College. Lets wait and see! Fact you LHS critics on here do not know what you are talking about. By your post please respect your previous high schools and dont tell us where you went!!!!!!!!!!!! The player you are speaking about at Oakland is a good kid but has academic problems he is trying to fix. Fact- Hester returned to LHS from siegel  and Grooms was not rehired at LHS. Who is the 2nd coach from SIegel?

825733793[/snapback]

Fact - no LHS player is a starter on a college football team (please don't toss Cumberland Football crud on here - that's a joke).

Fact - Hunt was not rehired due to disagreements with parents of LHS baseball players that felt junior should have been playing more - especially since they were giving money for the new field and such.

Fact - the illustrious LHS soooo has their stuff together that they have blown through roughly 5 baseball coaches in 6 or 7 years. Messner chose to go back to Riverdale as an assistant due to the fact the he felt Lebanon would NEVER be able to win.

Where did you go to school? I bet you were a second rate O-lineman that rarely played at LHS, but because you got the coaches award at the end of year banquet you love LHS.

I'm sorry life has been tough on you. However, the rest of us don't won't to be brought down by you force feeding us that Lebanon is a great place. It never has been and never will be.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Joe Moos, who was a former Mr Football candidate from Riverdale, left Siegel for the greener pastures at Lavergne. He played for Watson at RHS and coached at Siegel 2 yrs.

Why wasn't the coach from Lebanon not hired back that went to lavergne? Was he any relation to your QB a yr or so ago with the same name? I had also heard that another coach left from there as well. I forgot where he went tho...it was a small school I think.

Facts, I don't have many facts, but I do have some opinions. Coaching in general in Lebanon must be a tough job. Medley left when the players were running out, Dillard had one good year, got fired when the players ran out, Marshall was fired becasue he made the wrong people mad, same as Dillard, and Brown has lasted longer than I thought he would. The dog wags the tail in Lebanon. People who should have no power, have most of the power. Tomlinson, Cripps, Lassiter (sp), Franklin, and those alum with the money. That school is a football and boy's basketball school and has been for some time. The "all sports" booster club is nothing more than a FB and BSKB club. As far as baseball goes, the local leagues are made of players who attend all county schools including FCS, and the baseball "gurus" of Lebanon equate a good Dixie Youth or Babe Ruth all-star team as a good LHS baseball team. Not even close, at least half of most of those teams go to high school else where. Since my tenure as a resident of Lebanon, the baseball coaches have been Skeen, Martin, Grissim, Bartlett, Hunt, Bartlett again, Messer, and now Slone. Martin and Bartlett are the only two to my knowledge to have played past the district tournament since swithching to the current format. I will date myself, Skeen coached only one season, his last, when I moved to Lebanon.

My suggestion: HIRE GOOD PEOPLE WHO CAN COACH AND WILL LET THE ATHLETES CHOOSE THE SPORTS THEY WANT TO PLAY AND LET THEM COACH!

yall ppl kill me bad mouthin lebanon on here and i want to say a couple of things.

first i love lebanon and everything about it coach brown and his staff are not only the best coaches but also great ppl and i was blessed to play for them for 2 years and coach brown would do anyting for his players and ppl who played for him would back me up on this. and lebanon has rarely had any transfers come in and if they did theyve never played. and i know lebanon has been in trouble in the past(stealing) but thats not on the coaches thats the players fault. so dont you dare bad mouth my coaches when you dont know the ppl they really are.

I saw lavergne vs smyrna and if lebanon takes care of the ball they should win this one. i think tribble should have a good game and look for gaines to run the ball well and should have more than 120 yards rushing. and the defense should hold them to a big fat goose egg.

Cash,

I am not bashing any player or coaches. I just wish coaches everywhere would let the players play what they want to play. Concentrating on one sport has hurt all programs at LHS. I have not seen either LHS play this season, but simply from results, I think Lebanon takes this one in a close game. I think Coach Brown both motivates his players and is quite innovative on "O."

Baseball was mentioned, like in a court of law, if it is brought out, it can be talked about.

Edited by yh82