Huntingdon v/s Westview at Westview

MB77

What some of you dont seem to understand is that it doesn't matter what team we think is better or what team really is better....the only thing that matters is who is better on that particular night (as milan found out in 03). Westview has just as many weapons as Huntingdon, so the only thing that really matters is who can make the most out of. their weapons and get some points on the board. I really dont think it is possible to stop either one of these teams bc no matter what you do weathers and guy are going to eventually get theirs no matter if it takes an 80 yard run or 10 runs for 8 yards a piece. I think the key to this game is which defense can slow down the offense just enough to let their offense get a slight edge. 1 turnover or 1 defensive stop could decide this game. Im going to say Huntingdon by 5 but i believe that it could go westview by 5 just as easily. I do believe westview has an advantage bc huntingdon does have 3 soph. on the line and its only week 2 so they arent really where we need to them to be yet which we shouldnt expect them to be. I look foward to a great high scoring game that will keep most of us on the edge of our seats...!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, kids, is why you should not do drugs!  You will feel really good about yourself if a medivac helicopter had to help some child off the field!  You are a smart one!

By the way, who gives up 50+ in a state title game? 

Answer:  Huntingdon! :lol:

825733061[/snapback]

I believe that Westview gave up several points when they finally made it to the final game.

Escape is kinda hard on Fridays. :lol:

But.... I havent missed but one Huntingdon game in 2 years. A matter of fact the only game I missed was the Westview game last year!!!

What does that tell you. I wont miss this one Lord willing. Unless they sedate me like they did last year!! :P

Hey Gotta Go.... Terrell Owens is calling for advice.

GO STANGS!!!

This, kids, is why you should not do drugs!  You will feel really good about yourself if a medivac helicopter had to help some child off the field!  You are a smart one!

By the way, who gives up 50+ in a state title game? 

Answer:  Huntingdon! :thumb:

825733061[/snapback]

Ok...reigny ive missed this bro....i remember me, u, randy miller, and chris donalds dad talkin about the BS people start on here....and this is a good start.....

How can this guy say we did horrible bye giving up 50+ points at state? ATLEAST we got there is all that matters....obviously weither they beat us in the regular season or not we succeded alot more than the "chargers" did....

so regardless the winner of friday night which i do believe will be us this year depending on some ref factors refering to past games at Martin we will find the real "playas" in the thing H-town calls The Derby!

Edited by htownfan

Guest catfish-hunter

Westview got blanked by Goodpasture in the state title game. Huntingdon walked all over David Lipscomb two years later in the state title game, just one year after DL beat Mitchell in the state title game.

Last year was supposed to be Huntingdon's "down year" according to all the Milan and Westview experts on this website. Yes Huntingdon did go to the 'Boro and get beat 52-41 by Alcoa, BUT on the way to that game Huntingdon beat Milan in their own backyard. That was after Milan had upset a pretty good Westview bunch that simply CHOKED in the second round of the playoffs and a very good GW Carver bunch that quite frankly I feel would have beaten Milan, Westview, and Huntingdon more times than not as good as they were last year.

In November some teams get it done and others don't. Huntingdon and Milan would be teams that fall under the first category while Westview and Camden would fall under the second category :thumb:

Westview got blanked by Goodpasture in the state title game.  Huntingdon walked all over David Lipscomb two years later in the state title game, just one year after DL beat Mitchell in the state title game. 

Last year was supposed to be Huntingdon's "down year" according to all the Milan and Westview experts on this website.  Yes Huntingdon did go to the 'Boro and get beat 52-41 by Alcoa, BUT on the way to that game Huntingdon beat Milan in their own backyard.  That was after Milan had upset a pretty good Westview bunch that simply CHOKED in the second round of the playoffs and a very good GW Carver bunch that quite frankly I feel would have beaten Milan, Westview, and Huntingdon more times than not as good as they were last year. 

In November some teams get it done and others don't.  Huntingdon and Milan would be teams that fall under the first category while Westview and Camden would fall under the second category :thumb:

825733694[/snapback]

Well said Catfish-Hunter.

GO back and look at the last 5 seasons and see who has gotten it done in November and Huntingdon is right there in the hunt every year. Gone to the big dance 3 times since 1999. Been pretty close in the other years also. The Stangs are no fluke and are sure not Cinderella. Regardless of the outcome of this weekend's game the real test will come in November.

I like our chances in November better than Westviews right now. Our Juniors and Seniors have played in two state champ games already, that is a lot of experience to reach back for when it comes playoff time. You know what they say, nothing takes the place of experience :thumb:

GO MUSTANGS

Titans02....  Have you been by the UTM field this week?  We heard they tried to put in new grass and it failed and the field is nothing but dirt.  We also heard that UTM was playing on it Thursday night.  Have they recently put down sod or what?

825733760[/snapback]

Well I parked by the field today before I went to class and the filed looked green as can be. My roommate is a lineman for Martin and says the field will be good to go for their game Thursday night. Don't know what will be left by the time Westview and Huntingdon get on it. UTM is trying to gather the funds to put in the new grass turf which would benefit both UTM and Westview.

Ok...reigny ive missed this bro....i remember me, u, randy miller, and chris donalds dad talkin about the BS people start on here....and this is a good start.....

How can this guy say we did horrible bye giving up 50+ points at state? ATLEAST we got there is all that matters....obviously weither they beat us in the regular season or not we succeded alot more than the "chargers" did....

so regardless the winner of friday night which i do believe will be us this year depending on some ref factors refering to past games at Martin we will find the real "playas" in the thing H-town calls The Derby!

825733684[/snapback]

htownfan, im pretty sure your boy "reigny" started the stupid posting on this topic. Read back a lil ways... now run along and play nice kids.