Huntingdon v/s Westview at Westview

MB77

Who cares, this ain't like other years, anything can happen! But both teams just gotta get to the playoffs first! :thumb:

825738223[/snapback]

I never said this was like other years. I was just bringing up some facts about this rivalry that had already started earlier on this thread.

Huntingdon had every chance to win the game last night but bottom line is we didn't get the job done. I really would love to see these two teams play each other again this year.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, kids, is why you should not do drugs!  You will feel really good about yourself if a medivac helicopter had to help some child off the field!  You are a smart one!

By the way, who gives up 50+ in a state title game? 

Answer:  Huntingdon! :thumb:

825733061[/snapback]

:o By the way, who gives up 50+ in a state title game? You wouldnt know since you havent been.

I like starting stuff! :thumb:

Westview is the most hated high school in West Tennessee. Dont blame me. Why.... I dont know why.... well I take that back. Maybe it's because they are kinda like their host college......same program, same plays, same hype, and never seem to win. (Well Sometimes every ten years!) :lol:  and when they do all we hear from both programs in West Tennessee is " Our program is the cream of the crop this year" "We have done plenty of work to our facilities" "we are returning many players from last years team" BLAH BLAH BLAH. You know those type of things!

Big games roll around and guess what happens......yep FAILURE! No more Jackson Sun articles and your 1 page hometown paper has nothing more to talk about. (just your ragged football field and how it ruined some kids career because he tried to make a cut and tore his knee up) and Martin is the same ole Martin again. So think about it What will It take for Westview to be recognized as a TRUE West Tennessee football team? Beating Huntingdon? Nope. Getting a new Field? Nope How about returning 50 players to the 2005 roster? Nope

Answer is...... Winning and TRADITION!

IF you beat the MUSTANGS Friday youve only made the paper again and the majority of the article will be about your field and The Mustangs. Cause the reporters, TV crew and your hometown fans already know the rest of the story!

Same song just a different tune! ;) ENCORE..... ENCORE :lol:

GO STANGS!!!!

825734254[/snapback]

Anyone else notice the set up for loss in most of the previous comments?? What happened to good ole trash talking and not making excuses before hand. I expected more Reigny....As for the game, an excellent effort by both teams, and it shouldn't have been as close as it was. #19 for Huntingdon is a stud, both on offense and defense. But the stud of the game was Guy, hands down. You might say that means they are one dementional, but to that I say they are 3-0.

Edited by coolcat

Offensively and defensively, both teams played solid. Huntingdon did get two of there touchdowns on short yardage situation. Once on a fake punt that didnt convert and another on a bad snap off the punt. Westview also had one on a kickoff return. The game could have gone either way. Both teams played a very hard fought game but both had costly mistakes. Cant wait till they play again.... that is if they meet in the playoffs like Im guessing they will.

Guest catfish-hunter
Indeed they did go, Westview Chargers played in the state championship a couple years ago.

825738528[/snapback]

Huntingdon won the state champioship 2 YEARS AGO!!! Why in the heck are the Westview fans so thrilled about a state championship loss to Goodpasture when they scored ZERO POINTS IN THE GAME and why do the Westview fans have to clown on Huntingdon for allowing 50 to Alcoa last year. At least Huntingdon has beaten Milan in the playoffs of late, unlike Westview, and won a state title.

Good win for Westview in the REGULAR SEASON against Huntingdon. Milan beat Huntingdon the last two years in the regular season and that did not mean much in the playoffs if my memory serves me correctly :lol:

Huntingdon won the state champioship 2 YEARS AGO!!!  Why in the heck are the Westview fans so thrilled about a state championship loss to Goodpasture when they scored ZERO POINTS IN THE GAME and why do the Westview fans have to clown on Huntingdon for allowing 50 to Alcoa last year.  At least Huntingdon has beaten Milan in the playoffs of late, unlike Westview, and won a state title. 

Good win for Westview in the REGULAR SEASON against HuntingdonMilan beat Huntingdon the last two years in the regular season and that did not mean much in the playoffs if my memory serves me correctly :(

825739693[/snapback]

I am glad Huntingdon supports their football, because that is all they have! :(

We scored ZERO...but we didn't give up FIFTY-TWO.

By the way, about podunk Martin, has Huntingdon ever had a kid play anywhere, I hear one kid nearly crossed the county line, but good olew Bethel caught his eye....now that is a power house! As bad a football team as UTM has, in our worst years, we beat Bethel 97-7...LOL. It was the only college football game that nite, and was reported on ESPN...Stuart Scott said, "If you had Bethel and 89 points, you better pay off" ...glad to see the Huntingdon studs going to Bethel, our studs go to Knoxville! Maybe that trend will stop with a stud like Donald. Boo (Who?) is not half the player that Donald is!