MUS-MBA

tsr7487

I was there for the first half.

MUS is solid and really hasn't missed a beat despite losing a lot of skill players from last year. Defensively, they are as strong as last year, if not stronger. MUS is a solid candidate for the DII-AAA crown this year.

MBA has to get some more consistency on offense, and some leaders need to step up on defense, which should have been a strong point for MBA this year but has been unusually porous. In MBA's defense, however, the three teams they have played thus far all have a really good chance to win state titles this year.

CPA up next for MBA. MBA needs to play a good game next Friday. CPA will be on a high after the DCA win, and I'm pretty sure, although it may not be voiced on here, that this is the game CPA fans want to win the most.

Edited by rollredroll

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i received a phone call last night from a vandy friend about this score and immediately went outside and threw a fit. another embarassing night to be an mba graduate and football follower, i'm going to stop following this team. cpa is a scary matchup and from the looks of it they seem to enjoy playing football. i've never heard of an mba team rushing for NINE yards....

another embarassing night to be an mba graduate and football follower, i'm going to stop following this team. cpa is a scary matchup and from the looks of it they seem to enjoy playing football. i've never heard of an mba team rushing for NINE yards....

825738339[/snapback]

The MBA experience is defined much more than by the result of a football game. Get some perspective.

MUS has a fine team. Sure, MBA could have played better, but MUS had something to do with it. Keep in mind that Byrnes and MUS have been dominant in their three games, yet MBA gave each of them their best game to date.

CPA is a scary matchup. The MBA players can't overlook this game.

The MBA experience is defined much more than by the result of a football game.  Get some perspective. 

MUS has a fine team.  Sure, MBA could have played better, but MUS had something to do with it.  Keep in mind that Byrnes and MUS have been dominant in their three games, yet MBA gave each of them their best game to date.

CPA is a scary matchup.  The MBA players can't overlook this game.

825738353[/snapback]

MBA will be fine. There will be no State Championship Trophy on West End this year. BOOK IT. MBA is a class institutuion, but they will be outclassed on the gridiron. MBA will loose 2 more regular season games.

Thanks for the game reports guys. Looks like MUS is the team to beat this year.

I expect MBA to beat CPA. They don't have their best team this year. It's also pretty important for MBA. If they should happen to be upset, they will clearly be the underdog against a very good CBHS team, and a 1-4 start could spell doom for their playoff hopes. I don't think it will come to that, with CPA, JPII and Ryan being VERY winnable games.

Edited by itzme

i received a phone call last night from a vandy friend about this score and immediately went outside and threw a fit. another embarassing night to be an mba graduate and football follower, i'm going to stop following this team. cpa is a scary matchup and from the looks of it they seem to enjoy playing football. i've never heard of an mba team rushing for NINE yards....

825738339[/snapback]

If you're embarassed to be an MBA alumnus because some 17 and 18 year-old boys lost a high school football game, I'm embarassed to say you went to my school. They came up short against a fine team. MBA is a lot more than football. Before you post next time, remember, you're a gentleman first.

825738339[/snapback]

You can chalk that up to mus' defense, probably the best in our state.

dont get mad at him b/c yall garbage...and when will the excuses start?? you know the one's yall say every year when yall are losing....about how yall lost key players to graduation and how yall have a young team...after a while those excuses get old...NOW its time to PUT UP or SHUT UP!

825738913[/snapback]

Being that you are apparently a freshman, you might want to look back a ways and see that MBA has an extremely lopsided advantage in the all time series.

well i dont know how good MUS defense is this year b/c i havent seen them play this year ...but if they can shut down our(<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>) rushing attack....THEN you can say they're the best in the state...but just b/c they held MB Who? to 9 yards doesnt mean anything....they dont really have any big time backs anyway...CPA can proably hold them to 9 yards

825738916[/snapback]

Eagles09 is an embarrassment to B.A. with those comments. MBA is a class institution that happens to have won 5 of 8 Super Seven Titles, whereas we have won zero. Moreover MBA has won 4 of those titles by beating us. I have respect for their players and coaches and look for a great game this year between the two teams. Also, MBA handled Ravenwood pretty easily in their scrimmage whereas we won a hardfought, close game with them.

Just some food for thought

With regard to MBA's game vs. CPA, I think MBA will take out some frustrations on CPA and will have the game well in hand by halftime.

Being that you are apparently a freshman, you might want to look back a ways and see that MBA has an extremely lopsided advantage in the all time series.

825738967[/snapback]

even though im a freshman doesnt mean i dont know a little BA history...i know yall have been beatin us in THE PAST...but now that im playin for them i bet yall wont beat us AGAIN...atleast till after 09`.....and what grade u in...obviously you dont know a little MBA footbasll history..caus eif u did you'd know that the games yall did beat us were close games...unlike the game yall had against that S.C. Team....

and do you know the record between us over the years??

I do and under Coach Flatt the record is 5-5....so what are you talking about?? thats not lopsided to me...looks like its even

Eagles09 is an embarrassment to B.A. with those comments. MBA is a class institution that happens to have won 5 of 8 Super Seven Titles, whereas we have won zero. Moreover MBA has won 4 of those titles by beating us. I have respect for their players and coaches and look for a great game this year between the two teams. Also, MBA handled Ravenwood pretty easily in their scrimmage whereas we won a hardfought, close game with them.

Just some food for thought

With regard to MBA's game vs. CPA, I think MBA will take out some frustrations on CPA and will have the game well in hand by halftime.

825739087[/snapback]

im an embarrassment??? do you even play football for us??? I didnt think so....Do you even go to BA??? I didnt think so...and you talk about MBA handled Ravenwood well in a SCRIMMAGE..playing in a scrimmage which doesnt count is different than playing your cross town rival in a real game..and did they play in the rain and had the game delayed??? I didnt think so....

MBA sure didnt handle Riverdale pretty easily in the scrimmage against them...o` i guess you 4got to mention that

Edited by Eagles09

even though im a freshman doesnt mean i dont know a little BA history...i know yall have been beatin us in THE PAST...but now that im playin for them i bet yall wont beat us AGAIN...atleast till after 09`.....and what grade u in...obviously you dont know a little MBA footbasll history..caus eif u did you'd know that the games yall did beat us were close games...unlike the game yall had against that S.C. Team....

and do you know the record between us over the years??

I do and under Coach Flatt the record is 5-5....so what are you talking about?? thats not lopsided to me...looks like its even

825739104[/snapback]

Byrnes, S.C. would beat any team in TN by 50. I saw the game. They are without a doubt a top 3 team in the country (if not the best), the best HS team i have ever laid eyes on and certainly the best team to play in TN from out of state.

Eagles09, you are out of your element. MBA is 4-0 against us when there has been a state championship on the line. I admire your confidence, but until we claim a gold ball in D-II we dont need to be talking big on this website.