Trousdale Co. @ Smith Co.

sleep23

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'd like to say congrats to the JACKETS for a very well played game in the hole at Smith County. I'd also like to respond to a few of the earlier comments.

1. All the complaining about Marco Wright playing or not playing is not anyone's decision other than the coaches and in this case the judicial system. I know there have been other coaches who have had players get into trouble off the field. Did all of those coaches enforce any disciplinary actions on the field? Folks from Smith County have had similar situations in the not too distant past.

2. The earlier post that mentioned Clint "pulling out trick plays" didn't happen either. It didn't have to. Basic, hard-fought football prevailed in this game.

3. As for the Jackets not having their "creekbank magic", I guess the floods of New Orleans must have reached Smith County because it looks like the creekbank magic followed the Jackets all the way to "the hole".

I wish fans from both sides could give the players the credit, (both teams), they deserve. The boys out on the field are there only because they want to be there and they all deserve the praise and support from their community, win or lose. How many of these negative comments have come from someone who actually played?

Once again, CONGRATS to the JACKETS and good luck on the rest of the season to the Owls.

First of all, I'd like to say congrats to the JACKETS for a very well played game in the hole at Smith County.  I'd also like to respond to a few of the earlier comments.

1.  All the complaining about Marco Wright playing or not playing is not anyone's decision other than the coaches and in this case the judicial system.  I know there have been other coaches who have had players get into trouble off the field.  Did all of those coaches enforce any disciplinary actions on the field?  Folks from Smith County have had similar situations in the not too distant past.

2.  The earlier post that mentioned Clint "pulling out trick plays" didn't happen either.  It didn't have to.  Basic, hard-fought football prevailed in this game.

3.  As for the Jackets not having their "creekbank magic", I guess the floods of New Orleans must have reached Smith County because it looks like the creekbank magic followed the Jackets all the way to "the hole".

I wish fans from both sides could give the players the credit, (both teams), they deserve.  The boys out on the field are there only because they want to be there and they all deserve the praise and support from their community, win or lose.  How many of these negative comments have come from someone who actually played? 

Once again, CONGRATS to the JACKETS and good luck on the rest of the season to the Owls.

825746725[/snapback]

how tacky of u saying sutch thing about new orleans that is a real place that is hurting

Hey guys I know you have been ripped enough about the game. I just wanted to let everyone in Smith County know I hope they win the rest of the season. Well except for Livingston. I LA to have a great season I think Cates and company deserve it.

You guys lost and you admit that. Players graduate and in your case you pretty much had an entire starting lineup graduate. I didn't expect you guys to be able to compete considering we only lost a couple players. Last year was Smith County's year as this year seems to be the Jackets year.

Well with all of that said I think that Smith County will win their region. I don't think Cannon or Upperman will be much of a problem although it probably will be much closer than last year. York Institute may put up a little fight but you should win. I think that the game against Westmoreland will be pretty good. I think its bad that either Cannon, Upperman or Jackson will make the playoffs.

It wasn't condtioning in the semis last year that beat SC.  It was a very good Fulton team. It wasn't conditioning at Catholic either...it was brutal heat.  Neither will be a problem tonight. Better check those sources.  :D  SC plays a lot of people...not many both ways. TC plays a lot of people both ways.  I know TC is probably in as good of shape as anyone. They'll need it tonight. I expect SC to wear TC down as the game progresses...just like they did Gordansville.

825744595[/snapback]

41 - 7 :D

I guess when you are up like the jackets were in this one conditioning plays no part in the outcome ANTWAN you are right! :D

Was the heat different for Knox Catholic than SmithCO?

Without a doubt Smith Co. wore down the Jacket starters last nite by letting them run up and down the field for TD's. Good point Antwan!! By the way Trousdale ain't like Gordonsville! :D

Conditioning wasn't a problem for the owls Friday night! THE Problem was talent, coaching, and heart!!! :lol:

Edited by Volzchamps

Those of you that are always bragging on SCHS football got a good dose of reality Friday night. That was one of the worst "WOODSHED" BEATINGS" that SCHS has ever taken on its home field. The coaching was horrible. Why is it that coach MAYONAISE cannot beat Trousdale. I thought last years team was the best ever. But if the records do not lie Trousdale beat last years team as well. I do not want to hear, "we gave the game away, we did'nt play up to our potential, we did'nt play with any heart." These are all EXCUSES!!!!! SCHS DID NOT HAVE THE BEST TEAM IN SCHS HISTORY LAST YEAR. They could not even beat Trousdale. Two years in a row SCHS has been beaten soundly on both sides of the ball. PERIOD!!!!! Trousdale has a better coaching staff and better athletes than SCHS. And this year 41-7 at home!! Do not blame the players, blame the coaching staff for not having the OWLs prepared. I do believe that if coach Mayonaise had attempted to coach in the 80's, at SCHS, he would have already been dimissed. :thumb:

Those of you that are always bragging on SCHS football got a good dose of reality Friday night. That was one of the worst "WOODSHED" BEATINGS" that SCHS has ever taken on its home field. The coaching was horrible. Why is it that coach MAYONAISE cannot beat Trousdale. I thought last years team was the best ever.  But if the records do not lie Trousdale beat last years team as well. I do not want to hear, "we gave the game away, we did'nt play up to our potential, we did'nt play with any heart." These are all EXCUSES!!!!! SCHS DID NOT HAVE THE BEST TEAM IN SCHS HISTORY LAST YEAR. They could not even beat Trousdale. Two years in a row SCHS has been beaten soundly on both sides of the ball. PERIOD!!!!! Trousdale has a better coaching staff and better athletes than SCHS. And this year 41-7 at home!! Do not blame the players, blame the coaching staff for not having the OWLs prepared. I do believe that if coach Mayonaise had attempted to coach in the 80's, at SCHS, he would have already been dimissed.      :thumb:

825747756[/snapback]

Nobody's making any excuses. I think it's hilarious everyone outside is saying that.

What's last year got to do with anything? SC lost to TC...but went farther in the playoffs. Isn't that the objective? Last year's team went farther...but the best teams in school history were probably the teams of '57 through '60. Thanks for the enlightening post. It really does a lot of good for the program. :lol:

Edited by Antwan

WELL ALL SMTIH COUNTY FANS SORRY BUT TROUSDLE TOOK IT 41 TO 7 AND HOW WOULD YALL EVER THINK THAT YOU WOULD WINN COME ON WE MOVED TO 1A TO KICK ALL KINDS OF BUTT BUT I DO HAVE TO SAY THAT YALL DID PLAY A GREAT GAME AND THAT YALL WILL GO FAR SOME WHERE PROBABLY IN BASKETBALL UNLESS WE BEAT YALL THERE TOO!!! :thumb::lol:

:P BIG JACKET FAN JUNIOR YEAR :P