OS at Coalfield

Informer5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krud: go ahead and brag os91 about os beating morgan cO. teams because os is biger than coalfid or warthburg and they get a lot of boys outside roane co. :D

what r u talkin bout oliver springs getting alot of players from outside roane county u obviously dont no anything bout os they r way to small to recruit my predictions are:

Land of OZ: 28

Field of Coal: 14

Edited by redneck

Krud:

what r u talkin bout oliver springs getting alot of players from outside roane county u obviously dont no anything bout os they r way to small to recruit

825739324[/snapback]

redneck you know O:S is a roane county school and they recruit anderson county getting boys from norwood; frost botom; and marlowe.

OS recruits from Marlow and Norwood?

I didn't realize that allowing kids that live inside Oliver Springs city limits in Norwood to attend OSHS is recruiting.

If OSHS received all its athletes from Norwood instead of losing them to Clinton and Oak Ridge and some KNoxville schools, it would be even more of a power than they already are. Additionally, OS loses its fair share of students in Roane COunty to other schools too, so making an comment that OS recruits is searching a bit.

Some fo Clinton's and Oak Ridge's best athletes have been Norwood kids., yet you dont see OS crying.

Also, Wartburg and OS have always had comparable student enrollments raning from 400 to 500 kids depending on the year.

Overalll, OS dominates Morgan County schools.. While I agree Coailfied is a good single A program, using the excuse that OS is bigger , thus shoudl win shouldn't be applicable to this discussion. If you schedule the game, there should be no excuses.

You don't see OS making excuses when it loses to Kingston that its enrollment is close to being double of OS. OS has never used that excuse and in the last 10 years has been on the same level as Kingston Football even with a considerable smaller student enrollment.

Look at Alcoa when it plays Blount County Rivals William Blount and Heritage.

Again, student enrollment isnt an applicable defense to OS domination of Morgan County football.

Edited by OS91

If it is not applicable, why does the TSSAA have classifications or the classification system? This game is for pride only. Get over the domination stuff and let's play football.

As for kids in O.S. city limits. O.S. is not a City School, but a County School. Thus the kids that go to Clinton from N.W. rightly go to Clinton. They must get special permission or pay a small tuition to attend O.S. in Roane Co. from Anderson. O.S. doesn't even know what county it is in considering it is in three, Morgan being one of the three.

Kids that live in OS city limits from Anderson County side have to pay a small tuition or get special persmisson to attend OSHS?

Where do you get your information? Obviously you are very misinformed.

Typically, half of Norwood students attend OSHS or Clinton. Its always been this way. Some years more go to Clinton and others more go to OSHS.

There is no special permission needed or tuition paid by Anderson County students to attend Oliver Springs. All that is required is simply registering for class. Again, its always been.

There is a lot of misinformation on this board. Lets attempt to post factual content.

Thanks

Y does it matter where kids go????? and how big the school is???? Im a fellow petros boy and i know good and well havin 400 kids in a school compared to 100 dont mean anything. All that matters are the athletes on the field regaurdless where they come from. OS beeing in 2A in no different then wartburg. and What about jesse harding last year he was from a different country?? all that matters is what the players do on the field. Should be a good one but i think coalfield takes it at home.

This game is all about pride, these two neighboring communities will battle it out and give it there all this friday night. I am expecting a very good game between these two teams, both teams are undefeated with oliver springs being 2 and 0 while everyone wrote them off in the preseason. Coalfield is 3 and 0 this year after having one of the most successful years in school history. i'm not expecting a blow out either way but i am picking coalfield to win 21 to 14 in a hard hitting slobber knocker

great rivalary, 2 very good teams, i can't wait for this friday!

Kids  that live in OS city limits from Anderson County side have to pay a small tuition or get special persmisson to attend OSHS?

Where do you get your information?  Obviously you are very misinformed.

Typically, half of Norwood students attend OSHS or Clinton. Its always been this way. Some years more go to Clinton and others more go to OSHS.

There is no special permission needed or tuition paid by Anderson County students to attend Oliver Springs. All that is required is simply registering for class.  Again, its always been.

There is a lot of misinformation on this board.  Lets attempt to post factual content.

Thanks

825739600[/snapback]

Sorry 91 you are the one not informed. It may have been that way as long as you can remember but how it got that way I remember. The Anderson County and Roane County School Boards have an agreement on attendance from the NW area of O.S. to all students to pick which school. This agreement is tant amount to "special permission". The same type agreement exists with Morgan County Schools, Campbell County Schools and Anderson County Schools in regard to students from the now closed Stoney Fork School in Campbell County. It all has to do with Tax Structure and who pays for what student.