• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Coyote8
Posted by luchador:

Who are the best wrestlers in TN to have never won the state tournament? Just a question for all to ponder.

viva la lucha

[Edited by luchador on 3/11/02 9:18 PM]

Adam Levitt and a handful of other guys that got shafted in McCallie's probation. Gotta love TSSAA...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest somethingCLEVER

matt keller and phillip simpson.....joking.

from experience i would have to say that after having the privilege to wrestle on a team with him and seeing first hand his abilities,one wrestler that certainly comes to mind is brian larimer. i remember very well what i would call a heart-breaking semi-final loss to patrick carr (who in his own was another great wrestler to not win state) in the 2000 state tournament. as you can infer,i am from overton,so some others i can think of would be ethan elzen,clyde clemmons,and the namesake of our wrestling room,james vance. while not knowing my history as well as others,i can at the moment only name a couple of good wrestlers that ive seen not win state,and they are josh keller,michael dye,and andrew king.....

• 4 weeks later...

yea rabbit was one of the best to never win it. lol i am rabbit, i think lance lindsey was by far the best. cothron, zach rhyne, shane richie. there all kinds of people who should have one it. its not always the best person wins the state. i definately feel i should have won it at least once, but..........

I was at Overton when Mondelli bit Covington and I have know idea why he would do that. On winning state, if I'm not mistaken, Mondelli was at 215 in 97 and he wouldn't have beaten Nick Breden and would a have a very difficult time beating an undeafeted Will Barthalamew that year. Breden pinned him easily in the finals in 96. Speaking of wrestlers who were good that never won state, how about Pat Simpson, who got 2nd and went on to wrestle for Gordan Connel at MTSU and had a good run there as well.

I was at Overton when Mondelli bit Covington and I have know idea why he would do that. On winning state, if I'm not mistaken, Mondelli was at 215 in 97 and he wouldn't have beaten Nick Breden and would a have a very difficult time beating an undeafeted Will Barthalamew that year. Breden pinned him easily in the finals in 96. Speaking of wrestlers who were good that never won state, how about Pat Simpson, who got 2nd and went on to wrestle for Gordan Connel at MTSU and had a good run there as well.