Gallatin at Beech

Austin Idol

Actually, it hasn't been too long since Beech played us well.  I think we all remember Mr. RJ Meadows... Yes, sheffield is pretty dern fast.  I saw him in the jamboree.  But, Beech's o-line is gonna have to make some gaping holes for him to be able to do anything.  Gallatin's tackling this year so far has been incredible.  Last year, an open field tackle was hard to come by, but that has been improved dramatically.  I will say that if Sheffield does gain alot of yards, it will be because he is that good.  But in all reality, I think if he tries to go up the middle, the fastest linebackers I've ever seen at Gallatin will be there.  If he goes to the outside, they'll be there too.  It will be an interesting game, because everytime beech has any type of talent at all, they play a pretty good ballgame.  Oh, and does anybody know about this new kid on the team???  In practice, he was dressed out as number 5 along with Hargett.  The kid was lined up at scout team's running back, at sheffield's spot-which leads me to believe that he's pretty fast.  I guess he's about 5'11'' 190 or so.  Just wondered if anybody knew.  But I say Gallatin in this one.....  Let's say.... 35-10.

825743158[/snapback]

I think they've got a couple of new guys - one from Texas and I think one from Florida - don't hold me to that. This game is like Hendersonville - when these teams compete, all records are out the window. Everyone's got Sheffield in the crosshairs, but also watch for #20 :thumb:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Crabtree said on the coaches show that Sheffield has a good possibilty of NOT playing. He has a "bum ankle" and doesn't want to chance further injury before getting back into region play. I don't know if it's a ploy or not but Gallatin had better play like he could come in at any time. I still expect a close ballgame. Hope we are on the winning side.

I heard the same thing about Sheffield possibly sitting this one out. But I won't believe it until I see it. Beech is slowly finding themselves. They will get better as the season progresses but they will have a hard time stopping the Green Wave. Gallatin however, had better watch the penalties and miscues or Beech won't go quietly into the sunset.

Congrats to the Green Wave! Still too many penalties, but hopefully they will improve each week! Once again a SOLID defensive effort!! Offensively, the second half was better. We continued to mix it up a bit & I think the run game is more effective when Jair & Ben are in there to help block. Man, those two can open up some holes!!

Had a great crowd at the game. People were lined up around the fence! Enjoyed the male cheerleaders! (Especially the kid from Canada...what a blast!)

Read in the paper that Sheffield maybe tore his ACL. Sorry to hear that. Wish he could've played the whole game! Hopefully, it's not as bad as they think. Speedy recovery to him & good luck to Beech the remainder of the season!

I feel the same way wavelink. Although Sheffield was our enemy on Friday night, I still wish him the best of luck. He is usually quite an exciting player to watch. I still don't know if Gallatin is as good as they are leading on... But that defense continues to impress me. But I'm still waiting for that shutout. I was impressed with the play calling in the second half. Once again, 4 or 5 different formations... But how about that smokestack I.... Goodness. By the way, Gwave, do you happen to know when the last time Gallatin had even a hundred yard passer? Probably recently, but I thought I'd ask. Go Green Wave, and let's get them colts next week.

Does anyone have an update on Ben Miller. When he left the game late he appeared to have some type of shoulder injury. Spculation Friday night was a stinger but has anyone heard?

As much as we have all screamed to open up the offense, that smokestack I was pretty incredible. Wavelink, you are right. Still too many penalties but hopefully more experience will clear those up.

Looking ahead a little, how bad is Preston Brown's injury?