Coordinators?

Fright Night

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because a team gives up scoring drives of 3, 6, and 22yds the d-coordinator isn't doing his job?  If they get a first down on 2 of them they score. 

I think it was Lambert's D that held Davis to 54yds on 19 carries.  I rekon that would come out to around 2.7 per carry, not bad for East TN's 2nd leading rusher.

825744372[/snapback]

Got to agree. Not the coordinator, that's turnovers on special teams and offense leading to scores there. And another thing the corners aren't playing the way they are capable of. None of the DBs have experience at the high school level except for Lambert so the troops are young and don't have much experience(leading to the easy TD at Coalfield to the tall receiver and the long pass against Williamsburg last night). They arevery athletic, they just have to play smarter, and that will come with experience. Look for the D to be even tougher towards the end of the season when those DBs have some time under their belts.

And what did Coalfield put on Coach Lambert defense last week?  Hmmm

825744247[/snapback]

did they hang 28 points on oneidas d? yep. did they drive the ball up and down the fied? nope. did i hear one of coalfields coaches tell coach lambert he called a great game? yep. does one game make a season or a career? nope. listen, me and 10 other people could score from 3,6,and 22 yds out. lamberts a great coach. that's just the way it is. and besides a decent rb could fall down and avg 2.7 yds a carry. when you hold a good rb to that avg win or lose thats still good d!

I'll throw one out at you guys:  Greg Wyant (Riverdale)

When talking about coordinators or assistant coaches, we always here about Steve Britton and  Rick Collins.  No one is showing love for the Riverdale offensive coordinator.

825744106[/snapback]

I thought Coach Rankin called all of the offensive plays. Coach Wyant signals them in.

Oneida's Coordinators

Defensive Coor.- Tony Lambert

Offensive Coor.-David Wompler

You have to respect these names. They are great coaches and they have the knowledge and experience to make any team great. One game against Coalfield doesn't mean anything. You can't judge that game by the score anyway both teams played tough.

This is going to take on the same topic as the Oneida Coalfield game. Yes, Webb imbarrassed Anderson County, but were you there to know how they did it. Webb is one of the best coached teams around. Coach Catlett does a wonderful job with that 43 defense. Webb was held to 111 yards rushing againnst Anderson County. They were given the ball on or inside Anderson County's 25 five different times by fumbles, interceptions, or punt returns. Webb did a great job of capitalizing on the mistakes of Anderson County. But, I believe Coach Meske would tell you that the Mavs played them as well or better up front as any.