Carter vs Pigeon Forge

qbsdad

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys act like Carter High School Football has won the state in 3A the last five years. Region 1 3A has been a wipping post for Carter. Who the #ell have they played. A horrible CLAB. County team. Carter hasnt done sqaut in Region 1 3A yet. yes I can understand Carter is favored, but good lord people, there not Maryville playing in 3A. This game with Pigeon Forge will be a closer than the experts think.

I am going to have to agree with many others on here and say that the best thing that ever happened for Carter High School was getting out of region 3-4A. It proves to be a much easier schedule for them and the years they have had to take beatings have made them tougher. As a matter of fact, I don't think Carter has been to the playoffs since being in 4A. To the best of my memory, the last time they went to the playoffs was in 1999 when they were in 3A the last time. I believe that they played G-P and won, then lost to Sullivan North in the second round. The only other time I remember them getting to the playoffs was in 4A (I am not sure what region they were in then, I think 2-4A) in 1993 when they went to Elizabethton and won in the 1st round and then lost to Cleveland en route to one of their state championship seasons.

Carter wins this one by 3 touches. :thumb:

I don't know much about these teams.

I watched Pigeon Forge play in the jamboree against maryville and they were much more of a physical team than maryville

I also got a tape of them against rutledge and they looked like a middle school team

Those were not the same teams, not even close.

GP is a rivailry game and you never know about rivals, not always the better team winning.

But they could come out flat.

If the team that played maryville shows up then they have a chance against the Powerhouse of east knoxville, Carter.

I personally think Carter is overrated, but PF stinks at times.

CARTER 38

PIGEON FORGE 6

If  Carter stays focused this could be another big night offensively.If PF tries to stack up on the run the real strength of this team will come out.Look for a huge night passing if needed.Pick your poison PF.

825746615[/snapback]

There is no way that the PF defense will give up more than 2 scores tonight! No matter what Poison they pick, I've seen them play and the defense gets better and better every week and they have moved from the VEER to an I attack, so stay focused Carter and you MIGHT see the endzone twice! ;) : Edited by Tigercoach1024

There is no way that the PF defense will give up more than 2 scores tonight!  No matter what Poison they pick, I've seen them play and the defense gets better and better every week and they have moved from the VEER to an I attack, so stay focused Carter and you MIGHT see the endzone twice! ;)  :

825752488[/snapback]

Sorry Tiger Nation...you're going to get waxed in this one. Carter will score as many as they want because they are loaded.

Sorry Tiger Nation...you're going to get waxed in this one. Carter will score as many as they want because they are loaded.

825752502[/snapback]

They have a few good players but I would not use loaded. If you have a decent QB, and a FEW other skill people that doesnt make you loaded. Besides they have not played ANYBODY!!!! They beat an awful Cocke Co. team and they beat a Claiborne Co. team not very handly that had trouble with Chuckey Doak.

I'm going withCarter, and have not seen them play. I have seen Pigeon Forge and they are the worst team I've seen all year. How did they beat Pittman. G-P must of had some  people hurt. Does anyone know.

825747697[/snapback]

The only players GP had hurt were saturday morning! (From the pounding the tigers laid on em :D ) anyone watching that game knows the tiger D is as tough as nails. Their offense, lead by a young QB (who is going to be better every week;) is more versatile than i've ever seen. Don't feel bad for GP. It' easier to take a loss when it's handed to you by a SUPERIOR team. :D